L'Arachel. How do you pronounce that?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Meteor, we're supposed to keep this PG-13, remember?

You got about 238947 suggestions about how to pronounce it, and now we have taken over.

Anyone who can seriously think of that many different ways deserves a reward.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but who cares what the origin of L'Rachel's name is? :P I always thought it was made up. To sound french or anything.

I always pronounced it 'La-Rachel' though. But when discussing it with friends, though, we just refered to her as 'Rachel' to make things easier.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but who cares what the origin of L'Rachel's name is? :P I always thought it was made up. To sound french or anything.

I always pronounced it 'La-Rachel' though. But when discussing it with friends, though, we just refered to her as 'Rachel' to make things easier.

I know people who do that. But I'm curious, and a perfectionist.

wow, 5 pages.... damn this chicks name is a pretty important topic and yet well still dont know how to say it.... oh well

I just learned that L'Arachel's name is not voiced on Nintendo of America's official website. Renais, however, is voiced and approximates to "ɹɛneɪ" (~ Reh-nay) in the IPA (I don't know the IPA so I guessed at the spelling from a Wikipedia article).... I do not know French but, to me, this pronunciation sounds French (sans the American accent). Unless there are other European languages which pronounce "ais" in this way, and allow use of L apostrophe in the beginning of words or names, then this might be usable as confirmation that the French language is in fact the basis of fictional names in Sacred Stones.

I just learned that L'Arachel's name is not voiced on Nintendo of America's official website. Renais, however, is voiced and approximates to "ɹɛneɪ" (~ Reh-nay) in the IPA (I don't know the IPA so I guessed at the spelling from a Wikipedia article).... I do not know French but, to me, this pronunciation sounds French (sans the American accent). Unless there are other European languages which pronounce "ais" in this way, and allow use of L apostrophe in the beginning of words or names, then this might be usable as confirmation that the French language is in fact the basis of fictional names in Sacred Stones.

yep, that's exactly what i thought. people sould listen to me for often ;)

I was compelled to uncover evidential support. I recently discovered that Italian also makes use of the L apostrophe combination. I do think, though, that what I discovered, even if it is likely superficial, supports the suggestion that the localized name's correct pronunciation is most probably how it would be pronounced in French.

I was compelled to uncover evidential support. I recently discovered that Italian also makes use of the L apostrophe combination. I do think, though, that what I discovered, even if it is likely superficial, supports the suggestion that the localized name's correct pronunciation is most probably how it would be pronounced in French.

yeah i'll go with this

D'Artagnan from 3 Musketeers was pronouned "DaR-tan-yan" so i always pronounced L'Arachel "LaR-ach-L" or "LaR-achel" with the "chel" sounding like the end of the name "Michelle" or something...

But thats just me....I dont think it has ANY basis based on the French language or anything....but i figured i would throw my two cents into the hat too...

D'Artagnan from 3 Musketeers was pronouned "DaR-tan-yan" so i always pronounced L'Arachel "LaR-ach-L" or "LaR-achel" with the "chel" sounding like the end of the name "Michelle" or something...

But thats just me....I dont think it has ANY basis based on the French language or anything....but i figured i would throw my two cents into the hat too...

3 musketeers was a great movie. I like the way you pronounce the name though.

That sounds a lot like what I said...

Lah-rah-shell, I believe.