Michalis or Minerva?

b0ß

Hi

So, I just pulled a +def -res Minerva, and was wondering if anybody had an opinion as to whether or not I should replace Michalis with her in my flier emblem team. I should specify that I don't need any more nukes. I have Hinoka and Cherche, both with brave weapons and death blow.

A baseline stat comparison of the two:

Minerva: 40/31/33/35/19

Michalis: 43/34/26/35/19

Looking at it, I mostly use Michalis to fill the role of physical tank in my team, as the buffed 41 def plus Iotes Shield serves as good archer bait, and essentially non-red bait. He does pretty much get doubled by everything, though, and is lacking in a flier support skill. Any input would be nice.

While Minerva might be the better fighter overall because the game favors HYPER offense over defensive builds, I find Michalis to have his own niche in being a physical tank. My flier team is Michalis/Cordelia/S!Corrin/Palla. Palla can tank greens and does decently against reds and Michalis can tank blues and do decently vs greens. If it were Minerva, I'd have better green offensive capabilities but no way to tank blues (I have a 5* Tsubaki but his attack is pitiful). If regards to his speed, with Fury and 2 Goad fliers, he goes from a weak 26 base to 35, which is enough to escape most doubles and even double several threats he'd be fighting.

I think Minerva is solid tank on her own (not getting doubled helps). At lest again blue. With 2 goats also no physical units get chances attack ever again. Occasionally I even using her finish weakened red. She is also only holder of Ward flyers, which is incredibly useful.

Well I gave her renewal3 and iote shield, so she pretty immortal, but I think it was worth.

Edited by Tenzen12

I can't speak much for Michalis. But what I can say is that my -def Minerva is surprisingly tanky even with Life and Death. She has repeatedly taken blows I was absolutely shocked she survived. Not getting doubled just increases survival rate by so much. Basically I would say 7 speed is easily worth more than 3 HP and 3 attack. Requiring people to have 38 speed to double is just valuable given how many units sit at the 31-37 speed numbers. Maybe if your Minerva wasn't +def Michalis would be the better tank with 3 more hp and def, but 3 hp doesn't give nearly as much survival as denying doubles to such a large number of units. Well that is my opinion anyways. Though obviously you would want to replace LoD with something else.

Edited by Usana

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

(this is the reason why Quick Riposte exists)

Also, you might want to use the dedicated question thread.

Thanks, I'll remember that.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

Requiring people to have 38 speed to double is just valuable given how many units sit at the 31-37 speed numbers. Maybe if your Minerva wasn't +def Michalis would be the better tank with 3 more hp and def, but 3 hp doesn't give nearly as much survival as denying doubles to such a large number of units. Well that is my opinion anyways. Though obviously you would want to replace LoD with something else.

29 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Hm, without LaD, Minerva would probably serve well as tank. Speed is a pretty valuable form of bulk.

This is pretty much what I was thinking, especially with the flier buffs, which make up for the slight decrease in attack.

Thanks for replying, everybody.

4 hours ago, b0ß said:

Thanks, I'll remember that.

This is pretty much what I was thinking, especially with the flier buffs, which make up for the slight decrease in attack.

Thanks for replying, everybody.

Okay.  Which means that this topic is history.