Merged Allies & Low-Level Arena Runs?

TheouAegis

It occurred to me, what with merging allies allowing you to carry over learned skills, that if you built up a crappy nature hero to full skill set, then merged said crappy nature hero with another crappy nature hero, you could run low-level arenas with fully buffed units while your opponents would likely still have no skills on them at all (except maybe in Insane). Then when your team starts to get too strong after leveling up too much, you merge across to another crappy nature hero and repeat. Depending on how the Insane mechanics are handled, you could potentially crush nearly any team you went up against simply because your team would have full skill sets out of the gate while the opponents would likely only have their starter skills.

But then my question is would it be worth it? Would you still get the same points from a low-level Insane arena stomp as you would from a level 40 Insane arena stomp (assuming you could pull that off routinely)? Or is there a significant hit to points awarded based on opponent level?

37 minutes ago, TheouAegis said:

It occurred to me, what with merging allies allowing you to carry over learned skills, that if you built up a crappy nature hero to full skill set, then merged said crappy nature hero with another crappy nature hero, you could run low-level arenas with fully buffed units while your opponents would likely still have no skills on them at all (except maybe in Insane). Then when your team starts to get too strong after leveling up too much, you merge across to another crappy nature hero and repeat. Depending on how the Insane mechanics are handled, you could potentially crush nearly any team you went up against simply because your team would have full skill sets out of the gate while the opponents would likely only have their starter skills.

But then my question is would it be worth it? Would you still get the same points from a low-level Insane arena stomp as you would from a level 40 Insane arena stomp (assuming you could pull that off routinely)? Or is there a significant hit to points awarded based on opponent level?

I used to think like that before I realized there was a ranking system. I maxed out Hector and ran weak teammates. I curb stomped almost everyone, but I did not get much rewards out of it. The reason many players run strong units is so they can rank higher for better rewards. In Tier 20, you get 4 Orbs and 3,000 Hero Feathers per week. Tier 19 is 4 Orbs and 2,000 Hero Feathers per week. I do not remember the lower ranks.

45 minutes ago, TheouAegis said:

so you are saying that running a team full of level 1-3 units on insane difficulty would net me, say, only 150 points while a level 40 team on insane would net me 500 points?

Yes. In the Arena, you get Feathers for achieving a certain amount of score (4,000 points for 2,500 Feathers), being in a certain tier ranking (Tier 20 gives 3,000 Feathers and 4 Orbs), and getting a certain amount of points on defense (450 points for 900 Feathers).

You can easily achieve 2,500 and 900 Feathers by low balling your team, but if you want to reach Tier 19 or 20 for 4 Orbs a week (I think Tier 18 gives 4 Orbs too), you need to face strong opponents in order to get 4,700+ points.

Edited by XRay