What do you think Warrior's DLC will be?

Jonahtron

12 hours ago, Gaia093 said:

Call me selfish if you want, but I can't be bothered to care about what perceived negative consequences Lyn's inclusion in the roster may or may not have because some people also want X or Y character.

All I know is that I finally got a character I truly enjoy to play as in this game, whereas I struggled to muster up enthusiasm for any of the alternatives before. Or to be more accurate, I got THE character I've always wanted. I now have an actual reason to be at the game store Day 1 and gladly pick this up, and surely I'm far from the only one.

I'm much less enthusiastic about the game after Lyn's announcement because I really don't care about Lyn that much. I would have preferred to get Jagen instead of Lyn. I actually wanted some shadow dragon characters, and since it looks like we may only be getting 3, that makes me a little upset. Sure, there's this whole Navarre thing, but he very well could be an npc, like Validar. I think they should have just owned this whole focus on 3 games thing, unless this game has significantly more playable characters than the leak let on. I guess there could be characters on the back of the box? I doubt it though, since 25 is already a lot.

Edited by Jonahtron

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jonahtron said:

I'm much less enthusiastic about the game after Lyn's announcement because I really don't care about Lyn that much. I would have preferred to get Jagen instead of Lyn. I actually wanted some shadow dragon characters, and since it looks like we may only be getting 3, that makes me a little upset. Sure, there's this whole Navarre thing, but he very well could be an npc, like Validar. I think they should have just owned this whole focus on 3 games thing, unless this game has significantly more playable characters than the leak let on. I guess there could be characters on the back of the box? I doubt it though, since 25 is already a lot.

25 isn't a lot, actually. You have to think about it in terms of how long it takes to develop. HW had lower than 20 characters, but overall it had ~24 unique movesets in the original release (after some quick, free post-launch DLC that made 3 boss-only characters playable).

Let's consider the number of characters in FE warriors who have the same moveset as someone else.

• Lianna
  • Lucina
  • Cordelia
  • Elise
  • Sakura
  • Female Robin
  • Male Corrin
  • Caeda (probably)

That's 8 characters. That leaves us with just 17 unique movesets. I'm guessing we have more than that in the base game.

48 minutes ago, TheSS said:

25 isn't a lot, actually. You have to think about it in terms of how long it takes to develop. HW had lower than 20 characters, but overall it had ~24 unique movesets in the original release (after some quick, free post-launch DLC that made 3 boss-only characters playable).

Let's consider the number of characters in FE warriors who have the same moveset as someone else.

• Lianna
  • Lucina
  • Cordelia
  • Elise
  • Sakura
  • Female Robin
  • Male Corrin
  • Caeda (probably)

That's 8 characters. That leaves us with just 17 unique movesets. I'm guessing we have more than that in the base game.

What makes you think these characters have the same move sets? Other than the gender variants, none of those are confirmed.

27 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

What makes you think these characters have the same move sets? Other than the gender variants, none of those are confirmed.

Lianna has Rowan's moveset. Lucina has Chroms. Cordelia, and probably Caeda, have Hinokas. Sakura has Takumi's. Elise has Leo's.

They have different ults, but otherwise they are nearly identical. from gameplay we've seen.

Edited by TheSS

25 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

Mostly watching the trailers showing them using identical or near-identical moves.

Regardless, I would not be surprised if we get more than 25 characters in the base game.

6 minutes ago, TheSS said:

Lianna has Rowan's moveset. Lucina has Chroms. Cordelia, and probably Caeda, have Hinokas. Sakura has Takumi's. Elise has Leo's.

They have different ults, but otherwise they are nearly identical. from gameplay we've seen.

Okay, I know what you mean by that, but wouldn't it be better to say they share movesets? We don't know who was "the original" in this case anyway. Especially saying things like "Lianna is Rowan's clone" is silly when they were created at the same time. Why is Rowan the original to you?

Just now, Nanima said:

Okay, I know what you mean by that, but wouldn't it be better to say they share movesets? We don't know who was "the original" in this case anyway. Especially saying things like "Lianna is Rowan's clone" is silly when they were created at the same time. Why is Rowan the original to you?

I don't really think about it like that. But my argument was essentially brining the 'roster size' down from 25 to 17, and that's easier to do by subtracting individuals rather than stating which characters share a moveset. I felt it would get my point across ever so slightly clearer. It's not a big deal.

2 minutes ago, TheSS said:

I don't really think about it like that. But my argument was essentially brining the 'roster size' down from 25 to 17, and that's easier to do by subtracting individuals rather than stating which characters share a moveset. I felt it would get my point across ever so slightly clearer. It's not a big deal.

I never said it was. I was just curious as to why. Thanks for answering anyway.

17 minutes ago, TheSS said:

I mean, the move sets are similar, but I doubt they'll be exactly the same.

4 hours ago, Jonahtron said:

I doubt it, Navarre was seen in the big group shot, I doubt an NPC would be there and, so far, the only NPC from a main series title, Validar, was shown in History Mode while the group shot was clearly from Story Mode.

It's more likely that the box simply doesn't show all of the characters in the game, perhaps instead just showing the 25 that will be put onto the cards (after all, they never claimed there would be a card for every character).

Edited by Deva Ashera

18 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Why? The games and their situations aren't really that different.

It's not that they aren't similar, I just feel that comparing it to HW gives false hope or can make someone think something that isn't true. 

4 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

It's not that they aren't similar, I just feel that comparing it to HW gives false hope or can make someone think something that isn't true. 

Maybe, but it's the best we have to go on in regards to speculation since this is another Warriors / Nintendo crossover.

For my speculation...
Pack 1: Forgotten Warriors
- Includes various characters from Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon that did not make it into the base game.
- Also includes some History Mode maps revolving around the newcomers.
- Note: This pack can be upgraded into a "Season Pass" variant if one wants to go all-in with the character expansions. For example, Awakening can include the Valm Arc (Walhart, Virion, Cherche, Say'ri), Fates can expand on the non-royal characters or try to do Revelations, while Shadow Dragon may try something with Macedon (Michalis, Minerva, Maria, Whitewing Sisters)

Pack 2: Blazing Bonds
- Includes various characters from Elibe (FE6, FE7) to make Lyn feel more at home.
- Includes a History Mode mini-campaign revolving around the newcomers

Pack 3: Valentian Shadows
- Includes various characters from Valentia (FE 15?) to make "Celica" feel more at home.
- Includes a History Mode mini-campaign revolving around the newcomers.

3 hours ago, Jonahtron said:

I mean, the move sets are similar, but I doubt they'll be exactly the same.

So far, all we've seen are different ults. Other than that, we have no precedent to assume that their combo enders are at all different.

So I've decided to give more thought to this subject. Here's what I think we might get.

• Conquest of Valm Pack:
    • Virion, Cherche, Say'ri, and Walhart as potential characters.
    • New History Mode maps based on Awakening's Valm arc; Chapters 14, 16, and 20 are strong contenders.
    • Some other miscellaneous Awakening-based goodies, such as costumes.
  • Revelation Pack:
    • Gunter, Odin, Selena, Laslow, and Azura as potential characters.
    • New History Mode maps based on Fates: Revelation and the Hidden Truths DLC. Emphasis on the Valla-based maps. Maybe Anankos as a boss.
    • Some other miscellaneous Fates-based goodies, such as costumes.
  • Mystery of the Emblem Pack:
    • New characters from both Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem.
    • New History Mode maps based on Mystery of the Emblem.
    • Some other miscellaneous Shadow Dragon/Mystery-based goodies, such as costumes.
  • Blazing Blade/Shadows of Valentia Pack:
    • New characters from both Blazing Blade and SoV, so that Lyn and Celica aren't so lonely.
    • A few new History Mode maps based on the two games, but probably less than the other packs
  • Some kind of final, less expensive pack comparable to Hyrule Warrior's Boss Pack, that adds no new maps or characters but a short new gamemode.