Why Lyn is likely to be a Navarre clone or at least extremely similar to him

Seazas

1 minute ago, Deva Ashera said:

You're not incorrect..being a fan of the two most polarizing characters in the fanbase, Tharja & Camilla (to the point that I own the Tharja statuette and have Camilla's on pre-order paid off) makes me very aware of how mean spirited some members of the community can be..especially since T&A aren't the primary reasons I like them (after all, I don't like the similarly busty Charlotte at all).

Yea, but apparently that's the only reason anyone could possibly like those 2 characters. So what if Tharja is good foil to nearly anyone she interact with & Camilla's being the most traumatize out of the Royal Nohrian sibling. I only like them cuz of their tits & ass.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Especially if it's a minor cross over game

Minor to whom? Its the ideal crossover I always wanted so its certainly not minor for me.

I feel the complaining about little of the old games getting in might come back with more force. The whole avoiding sword users stuff they used to justify it didn't exactly work out after all, nor did making Shadow dragon one of the core three games.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Yea, but apparently that's the only reason anyone could possibly like those 2 characters. So what if Tharja is good foil to nearly anyone she interact with & Camilla's being the most traumatize out of the Royal Nohrian sibling. I only like them cuz of their tits & ass.

Yup, that's why I like them. For example, Tharja's obsession on Robin is meant to be seen as creepy, cuz it is, yet Faye's for Alm is genuinely creepy to me due to not seeming to be intended that way..

49 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yup, that's why I like them. For example, Tharja's obsession on Robin is meant to be seen as creepy, cuz it is, yet Faye's for Alm is genuinely creepy to me due to not seeming to be intended that way..

What? 

Tharja's obsession is treated as WAY less creepy, and she's actually doing shady shit, like putting hexes on people who approach her or Robin, and the biggest thing of all, Robin can actually reciprocate her feelings. Tharja can get her object of desire with no strings attached. Her creepy obsession can be played as straight romance. 

Faye gets none of that. Her obsession with Alm is virtually self contained, and the scenes where she tries to "replace" Celica in Alm's eyes can't be described as anything but "creepy". Her ending involves her disappearing from her family(That isn't Alm's family, and presumably to try to see Alm) for days at a time with no warning to them. Everything about Faye's obsession with Alm definitely seems like it was intended to portray an unhealthy obsession compared to Tharja, who, again, can actually hook up with Robin. 

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Minor to whom? Its the ideal crossover I always wanted so its certainly not minor for me.

I feel the complaining about little of the old games getting in might come back with more force. The whole avoiding sword users stuff they used to justify it didn't exactly work out after all, nor did making Shadow dragon one of the core three games.

The problem is the developers don't treat it like an ideal crossover game. The sword argument is horribly flawed because more than half of the cast for the franchise uses it & yet they decided to contradict themselves regarding this matter. To make it even worse their OC's uses sword because apparently it would make sense for beginners to use them despite Marth & Chrom should be more than fill that criteria themselves. I do feel genuinely bad for Shadow Dragons fans though because I really don't see why Navarre should be a clone of Lyn since Ryoma isn't.

5 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Well that's certainly ironic. Pretty sad too, since I do believe Faye has legitimate reason to fall in love with Alm more than Celica.

4 hours ago, Slumber said:

What? 

Tharja's obsession is treated as WAY less creepy, and she's actually doing shady shit, like putting hexes on people who approach her or Robin, and the biggest thing of all, Robin can actually reciprocate her feelings. Tharja can get her object of desire with no strings attached. Her creepy obsession can be played as straight romance. 

Faye gets none of that. Her obsession with Alm is virtually self contained, and the scenes where she tries to "replace" Celica in Alm's eyes can't be described as anything but "creepy". Her ending involves her disappearing from her family(That isn't Alm's family, and presumably to try to see Alm) for days at a time with no warning to them. Everything about Faye's obsession with Alm definitely seems like it was intended to portray an unhealthy obsession compared to Tharja, who, again, can actually hook up with Robin. 

I say Tharja is portrayed more comedic (no matter how insensitive it might've been) while Faye's is portrayed unintentionally pathetic. All I can really say about it is due to really really bad writing since Faye comes across like most of the cast of Echoe & being one noted.