FE16 "leaks"

41 minutes ago, kiaxxl said:

As excited as I am, I know the same negative members of the fanbase are going to instantly crap on the new characters/plot/whatever even with only like a minute of footage or something. :/

There's negative members in every fanbase. It's nothing new. Also, iirc, it took until Fates, Awakening, and Echoes came out for a large number of people to crap on any part of it. People overestimate how much of the fanbase is "shit." Then again, that's how most fanbases always are. The Undertale, FNAF, etc. fanbase are nowhere near as bad as people think they are. It's pretty funny too because you'll see a video about how the series is bad and 99% of the comments are just "man the FNAF fans sure did come crawling out" or something like that even though maybe two comments are like that. To give an example in FE, the recent "Basically this is FE" video had a comment with a ton of likes that tried to act like all old fans are is whiners and that they deny that any of the video's content represents FE. People get a weird victim complex when it comes to fanbases and it is intriguing, laughable, and sad all at the same time. People forget that the silent majority exists oh so easily.  Man I sound like a douche in this comment.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

There's negative members in every fanbase. It's nothing new. Also, iirc, it took until Fates, Awakening, and Echoes came out for a large number of people to crap on any part of it. People overestimate how much of the fanbase is "shit." Then again, that's how most fanbases always are. The Undertale, FNAF, etc. fanbase are nowhere near as bad as people think they are. It's pretty funny too because you'll see a video about how the series is bad and 99% of the comments are just "man the FNAF fans sure did come crawling out" or something like that even though maybe two comments are like that. To give an example in FE, the recent "Basically this is FE" video had a comment with a ton of likes that tried to act like all old fans are is whiners and that they deny that any of the video's content represents FE. People get a weird victim complex when it comes to fanbases and it is intriguing, laughable, and sad all at the same time. People forget that the silent majority exists oh so easily.  Man I sound like a douche in this comment.

FE has more negative people than your average fanbase, to be fair. Maybe I'm just being overly cynical because I see people already hating on it and talking about it being bad before we get any footage.

1 hour ago, kiaxxl said:

As excited as I am, I know the same negative members of the fanbase are going to instantly crap on the new characters/plot/whatever even with only like a minute of footage or something. :/

Oh that's definitely gonna happen especially if it gets successful and popular like the big 2(Awakening/Fates), (even a lesser game like Echoes had a good amount as well depending on the reasons of that game) their definitely still gonna be some minority of haters with this one too. I got my popcorn ready for that while just can't wait to preorder and play it!

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

37 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

I completely agree people look at Youtube comments and see some complaints and criticisms and think that the Fire Emblem fanbase is full of entitled "elitists" and think that they completely hate the 3DS games and the things they brought to the table. It's the reason why "Awakening saved the series" might as well be a meme by this point and is one the most annoying things to hear whenever I talk about Fire Emblem with someone who isn't a fan of the series as a whole. I started with Awakening and have beaten most of the games and talk with a lot more of the core fanbase and just see the assumptions about it as obnoxious. Although I guess this is something we all have to get used to since Fire Emblem has become a much more popular series and there will continually be people criticizing the games in the fanbase and people outside treating it as endless complaining just because they don't care as much about the series. Nah, you don't sound like a douche.

2 hours ago, Modamy said:

I completely agree people look at Youtube comments and see some complaints and criticisms and think that the Fire Emblem fanbase is full of entitled "elitists" and think that they completely hate the 3DS games and the things they brought to the table. It's the reason why "Awakening saved the series" might as well be a meme by this point and is one the most annoying things to hear whenever I talk about Fire Emblem with someone who isn't a fan of the series as a whole. I started with Awakening and have beaten most of the games and talk with a lot more of the core fanbase and just see the assumptions about it as obnoxious. Although I guess this is something we all have to get used to since Fire Emblem has become a much more popular series and there will continually be people criticizing the games in the fanbase and people outside treating it as endless complaining just because they don't care as much about the series. Nah, you don't sound like a douche.

Yeah "Awakening saved the series" is very tired of a point and I don't really get why people bring it up. If anything, some might find it insulting to see a game different than what they want save what they want saved. And either way, what's made FE so much more mainstream is just marketing plain and simple. Thanks for saying that. I just thought my rant might come off as pretentious, know-it-ally and like I was acting like I knew human psychology like it was my major or something.

2 hours ago, kiaxxl said:

FE has more negative people than your average fanbase, to be fair.

if you want to talk about fairness I would like some numbers, I've seen plenty of groaners in many fanbases, sonic always has fans who are annoyed by new reveals, it took one game to break metroid fans, there are still people who argue that ALttP and OoT were the best zelda games (they were ok IMO) and nothing has or will ever beat them zelda II master race, I don't recall much praise for new super mario bros. u before it came out, please don't make generalizations unless you have something to back it up because unless you have a spreadsheet of the number of fans who complained about the most recent entry in their respective series you are not being fair to anyone, every fanbase has it's groaners and every new release should be met with some level of uncertainty.

2 hours ago, familyplayer said:

Yeah "Awakening saved the series" is very tired of a point and I don't really get why people bring it up. If anything, some might find it insulting to see a game different than what they want save what they want saved. And either way, what's made FE so much more mainstream is just marketing plain and simple.

I feel like "Awakening saved the series" has kind of become an easy fall back point for people who love the game when defending it. For the record, I'm not trying to say if Awakening is a

good or bad game, but saying it's good because it "saved the series" is basically saying a game that sells well is automatically good.

12 minutes ago, Serea-chan said:

I hear Nintendo's E3 direct will be 45 minutes long :O. I hope that's enough time to display Fire Emblem. 

Nintendo has three days of the Treehouse demos, so Fire Emblem could get a quick trailer during the Direct and have a demo showcase later on.

24 minutes ago, Serea-chan said:

I hear Nintendo's E3 direct will be 45 minutes long :O. I hope that's enough time to display Fire Emblem. 

Same just now and GOOD now obviously even more likely lots of stuff will obviously be shown!

As long as we don't get the lady who kept reminding us how Xander and Chrom are her husbandos every two seconds. I think that ticked me off more about FEW than the actual roster or game itself did. Nothing against her opinions, just I don't want to feel like I'm listening to a teen who's "in love" with a superstar remind me of it every two seconds. Then again, I remember a lot of people complaining about her last year. It was kinda funny. And painful.

3 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

As long as we don't get the lady who kept reminding us how Xander and Chrom are her husbandos every two seconds. I think that ticked me off more about FEW than the actual roster or game itself did. Nothing against her opinions, just I don't want to feel like I'm listening to a teen who's "in love" with a superstar remind me of it every two seconds. Then again, I remember a lot of people complaining about her last year. It was kinda funny. And painful.

I remember her. Still not the most awkward thing I've witnessed at E3. I think all of Ubisoft takes that honor.

2 hours ago, Chconroy said:

I feel like "Awakening saved the series" has kind of become an easy fall back point for people who love the game when defending it. For the record, I'm not trying to say if Awakening is a

good or bad game, but saying it's good because it "saved the series" is basically saying a game that sells well is automatically good.

Nintendo has three days of the Treehouse demos, so Fire Emblem could get a quick trailer during the Direct and have a demo showcase later on.

the "awakening saved the series" argument is an oversimplification of the topic, it is used as a shorthand to claim that awakening and no other fire emblem in that exact same release date, with the same level of advertisements, a demo, and digital distribution, would have saved the series. 

I just wanted to give my opinion on the matter, though I'd rather not see the thread get derailed, so I will leave it at that. 

2 hours ago, Chconroy said:

I remember her. Still not the most awkward thing I've witnessed at E3. I think all of Ubisoft takes that honor.

I feel bad for the guy who has to go up there and hope that the people don't hate what he has to announce, surely someone sees the ideas and just thinks how poorly they will be received.

I assume when we actually get some concrete information a new thread will just be made to save everyone else who hasn't read the last 115 pages.

Though i guess it wouldn't be a leak anymore it would be an actual reveal. Maybe we will still get a leak close to the reveal. I'm getting slightly antsy now that we're less than a week away (hopefully)

56 minutes ago, Tsak said:

I assume when we actually get some concrete information a new thread will just be made to save everyone else who hasn't read the last 115 pages.

Though i guess it wouldn't be a leak anymore it would be an actual reveal. Maybe we will still get a leak close to the reveal. I'm getting slightly antsy now that we're less than a week away (hopefully)

Same it was a fun ride here! but we'll have ALOT to analyze and discuss for sure!

I always find it funny when EA (or was it Ubisoft? both of their conferences are usually bad...) always try to act so edgy by cussing and making really bad jokes to a silent audience that just gives a dead look back. Almost feel bad. Almost.

28 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

I always find it funny when EA (or was it Ubisoft? both of their conferences are usually bad...) always try to act so edgy by cussing and making really bad jokes to a silent audience that just gives a dead look back. Almost feel bad. Almost.

That's Ubisoft. EA just presents sports games with more detail than needed and promises there won't be loot boxes/microtransactions/they've learned from their mistakes.

I still feel like FE has more negative people than the average fanbase, but perhaps it's a case of a loud minority? lol. I will say I feel like elitism has gone down a lot in past years, which is a good thing.

I wonder - in these 115 pages, did we ever have a correct leak? I'll guess we'll have to wait, but I feel like none of them are right. 

39 minutes ago, kiaxxl said:

I still feel like FE has more negative people than the average fanbase, but perhaps it's a case of a loud minority? lol. I will say I feel like elitism has gone down a lot in past years, which is a good thing.

I wonder - in these 115 pages, did we ever have a correct leak? I'll guess we'll have to wait, but I feel like none of them are right. 

The bad parts of any fanbase are always the most vocal.

53 minutes ago, kiaxxl said:

average fanbase as in what? any sort of fanbase?

Video game series fanbases always have trolls and negative people, it's literally all they attempt to amount to most of the time. I'd say a solid amount of video game players aren't really creative nor do they produce anything creatively. So they usually fall on the other end of the spectrum of criticism and are very vocal about their opinions. All they seem to do is consume creative products and spit fire. Because being creative and actually coming up with solid ideas or producing something is much harder than complaining about someone else's creative work.

I have plenty of other video game series communities I'm interested in that are generally more peaceful than FE is, though as I said I feel like the old vs new thing is calming down (and was never that toxic to begin with).

Anyways, this is the thread for FE16. I hope it's a good new game for all different types of fans. 

Edited by kiaxxl