FE16 "leaks"

43 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

If they even reveal anything about Fire Emblem at all. One would hope so.

Knowing FEs tracking record of teasing new games in January events I'm 100% certain we'll finally get info to finally bring good discussions!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MetalAmethyst said:

If they even reveal anything about Fire Emblem at all. One would hope so.

If the game is still on track to come out this year, they'll pretty much have to. 

Plus, Nintendo had all those placeholders put up on Amazon, which I imagine will be a good chunk of their 2018 line-up that they will reveal this month. Nintendo's not the type of developer or publisher that puts that kind of stuff up before anything is properly revealed. 

Honestly if FE isn't in the direct, I don't expect it to be released this year. Or if it does, very late like October-December. If it is in this direct, there's probably a good chance of it being released close to Spring or Summer.

2 hours ago, TwinBlade said:

Honestly if FE isn't in the direct, I don't expect it to be released this year. Or if it does, very late like October-December. If it is in this direct, there's probably a good chance of it being released close to Spring or Summer.

Spring or Summer seems most likely.

I only want 2 things for this game :

- a story more mature (or at least better) than Conquest/Brighlight (that was very awful...) !

- a Fire Emblem without pairs. Omg, I just hate that system.

I don't really care about the rest. And let's be honest, I'm just hyped for a new Fire Emblem, whatever new or old stuff implemented in the game :D

A new, different leak has sprung up on 4chan. Take with a grain of salt:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/402547020

Spoiler

> Fire Emblem Mutiny - 5.4.2018
> Fire Emblem Mutiny Special Edition w/ Hizir and Bontessa amiibo, soundtrack CD and coin - 5.4.2018

Additional information from the OP:

>Hizir and Bontessa are not the main protagonists in Mutiny, Hizir's sibling Preveza is. Hizir was banished from their kingdom for saving the life of a pirate (Bontessa). Hizir looks like a mix of Xander and Hector but with a tan. Bontessa looks like Syrenne from The Last Story (picture included) but with bright pink hair and a red cape.

>Fire Emblem Mutiny will open the direct, Octopath Voyage will close it, GTA V is the "one more thing"

Thoughts: A pirate-themed Fire Emblem would be interesting, date sounds fine, but then again, this leaker claims that Nier: Automata and FFXV are coming to the Switch.

4 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Hide contents

> Fire Emblem Mutiny Special Edition w/ Hizir and Bontessa amiibo, soundtrack CD and coin - 5.4.2018

>Hizir and Bontessa are not the main protagonists in Mutiny, Hizir's sibling Preveza is. Hizir was banished from their kingdom for saving the life of a pirate (Bontessa). Hizir looks like a mix of Xander and Hector but with a tan. Bontessa looks like Syrenne from The Last Story (picture included) but with bright pink hair and a red cape.

>Fire Emblem Mutiny will open the direct, Octopath Voyage will close it, GTA V is the "one more thing"

Thoughts: A pirate-themed Fire Emblem would be interesting, date sounds fine, but then again, this leaker claims that Nier: Automata and FFXV are coming to the Switch.

I wonder how many people craving a pirate-themed FE have played TRS.

It's not strictly pirate themed, but one of the lords is a pirate, and half of the game is going around as the pirate lord.

7 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh no...Welp at least we know who our Camilla is going to be. I can't imagine Bontessa being dressed in anything but fanservicey clothes. Women that are pirates usually have that midriff showing top, with a short ass skirt, and thigh high boots. Okay I just checked googled Syrenne and yep here is one of our Camilla's. If this game has a lot of pirates I have a feeling some more of the female cast will be dressed similarly, but then again maybe I'm just being overly negative because of some of the art in Heroes...

As for the plot, it sounds weird. If Hzir and Bontessa aren't the main protagonists then the plot has to deal with them heavily to get them introduced in the first trailer. Maybe Prevaza is trying to find her (sounds like a girl name to me) brother, but then how would that play out in a fire emblem game. Unless the pirate nation is considered evil by the main character's home nation, but Bontessa's crew isn't actually doing anything wrong or I don't know but I hope this isn't true. I'd take the vampire game over this, but then again I was never really into pirates.

20 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sounds so lame and garbo I'll just pretend this doesn't exist lol

25 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Reveal hidden contents

FFXV has been a consistent rumor, and Nintendo wanting a Nier Automata port is a more recent one.

But really, this feels so simplistic and driveby that I have trouble believing it. Nothing else to say other than we'll just have to wait and see.

Im leaning towards fake, not only is the name Mutiny a bit odd, the names just sound....off. And I am unsure a Pirate Emblem will happen, and hope it doesnt considering most boat maps arent exactly fun, and an entire game full of them sounds terrible.

I alright made judgment as fake to Infinity but I like to dig in further because why not!:

VERY safe announcement date

Starting the direct possible but extremely unlikely to me.

The Title

Pirate Theme is too left field and definitely has potential problems on how that's made.

"Hizir" and "Bontessa" gets Amiibo YET they aren't the main characters?! uh...what?! unless they are some Avatar pair yeah no UNLESS Preveza is the Avatar(since they never identify their gender) but why not just make 2 for them.

Noctis, Promto, Ignis and Gladious Amiibos w/FF XV in summer yeah its good to dream but not THAT hard.

No Pikmin its been WAY too long it definitely feels its time for its reveal.

So far its likely someone getting their few minutes of fame before being completely forgotten.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Oh, grief...  I can't work out in my head how a naval-themed Fire Emblem would work out.  The whole Hizir and Bontessa thing doesn't help.

I swear I felt a bit seasick after reading that post, assuming it's true.  Due to this and the apparent lack of Shin Megami Tensei V.

Though, I do find it funny as an ECU student that they would announce purple and gold JoyCons alongside Pirate Emblem.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

I'm going fake on this one. Very out of nowhere, the name doesn't sound very good or natural, and others have pointed out the oddity of two characters getting amiibo before the main character. I wouldn't say no to the pirate aesthetic, but I struggle to see how the setting would work without it being too different or too insignificant. I'm more convinced of the Vampire setting over Act 2 of Fire Emblem Echoes being an entire game.

6 minutes ago, Altrosa said:

It's easy to extrapolate a reason as to why Bontessa and Hizir have Amiibo despite not being the leads. Prevaza's the avatar.

That's what I was gonna edit but due to the Avatars popularity and appeal now it would make more sense for them over the other 2 unless this will be another Smash situation.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

18 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Though, I do find it funny as an ECU student that they would announce purple and gold JoyCons alongside Pirate Emblem.

Think of how my entire state would feel about that. 

Vikings are effectively just much more organized pirates, and the Minnesota Vikings are also purple and gold. 

Don't know how I feel about this one, the timing doesn't feel wrong, but a pirate themed fire emblem seems dubious, I'm thinking a world map may be a given, this could lead to a more "open world" fe if we are talking pirates, but the prospect of boat maps seems very tiresome, and the mere thought of characters controlling the boats doesn't feel like fe, certan unit types make no sense in pirate emblem, cavaliers and armors would not feel right if every other map is a boat. of course that implies that "mutiny" is used in its more common form (on a ship) but it could equally imply going against your commanding officer in the context of military, these things in mind it could mean both for the title. 

Pirate emblem, may not be exactly what we should expect.

Hizir being tanned and Bontessa being a pirate? Me thinks it's a Mediterranean theme with one kingdom pulling inspiration from Northern Africa or Middle Eastern iconography. 

Edited by Altrosa

As much as Mutiny sounds unusual for a Fire Emblem game, I am going to write Mutiny off as a fake. Anyway, Oscar (theprinceofiris) on Twitter states that Mutiny (and the leak as a whole, as a result) is fake. Don't know whether he has info on the actual game though.

Edited by BZL8
Broken link