2 Major classes are absent for the 1st time

Emperor Hardin

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

Celica doesn't really use Tomes and casting from HP somewhat limits the spamability of magic in Gaiden and Echoes. Having her use her magic through Musou attacks actually kinda makes sense from that standpoint.

Someone on a Discord community apparently got hold of the LE artbook where the reason for Celica using swords is because she was one of the last characters added; they tried to make her work with a magic user moveset, but she was found to be very clunky and glitchy with it so she got swords instead in order to finish her in time.

I see. I'd actually have liked to see sacrificial magic working in this game. If they make Nosferatu among the moves available to her, it might change her strategy from "conserve magic at all costs" to just "watch the HP more carefully than you would other characters".

The HP costs in Gaiden/Echoes are mostly minimal to the point I can barely feel it's there, anyway. Maybe they could make it the case here as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, actually, I think I know why we're not seeing any Lance cavaliers here: Great Knights were probably supposed to use them up until the developers looked at the roster and saw how few characters there'd be using Axes and since Great Knights can use axes... They added another Lance user to the roster to compensate. (For more theorizing: This could have been Oboro who would have filled the on-foot lancer we're missing... up until someone decided Cordelia had to be in at base, either due to popularity or to give you a lance user to play with in the early game.)

1 hour ago, nocturnal YL said:

I see. I'd actually have liked to see sacrificial magic working in this game. If they make Nosferatu among the moves available to her, it might change her strategy from "conserve magic at all costs" to just "watch the HP more carefully than you would other characters".

The HP costs in Gaiden/Echoes are mostly minimal to the point I can barely feel it's there, anyway. Maybe they could make it the case here as well.

A somewhat radical character premise I wouldn't mind seeing them toy with. Celica's Charge Attacks and perhaps her Musous gradually drain her HP, which Nosferatu could replenish. Or, she could get innate gradual HP recovery over time like the Recovery skill in SoV (and which originated in OG Gaiden). To balance her, either low Def or HP that isn't too plentiful could be given. The benefit of this blood price could be really strong, large, and or long ranged attacks, which would justify using her despite the danger.