Japanese man petitions to marry comic-book character

Dr. Tarrasque

I can understand being attracted to anime characters, but this.... this is more over the top than I could have ever imagined. This is just plain wrong.

I know 0_0

They should bring out a government legislation banning people from marrying Anime characters.

O well, if he wants to get married to something that doesn't exist IRL so let him.

Its not going to affect us LOL

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Otaku is an insult in Japan, right? You don't want to be called one. I laugh when everyone here in America trys really, really hard to be Otakus, without knowing what it really means.
Otaku is about as insulting as nerd is here.

Which means it's insulting to those who aren't otakus/nerds.

You know Otaku is an insult in Japan, right? You don't want to be called one. I laugh when everyone here in America trys really, really hard to be Otakus, without knowing what it really means.

Fun fact: The very first Otaku was a pedophile AND a child killer! No shit!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Miyazaki

Tsutomu Miyazaki (宮﨑 勤, Miyazaki Tsutomu?, August 21, 1962–June 17, 2008), also known as The Otaku Murderer, The Little Girl Murderer, and Dracula, was a Japanese serial killer.

Between 1988 and 1989, Miyazaki mutilated and killed four girls, ages four to seven; he then sexually molested their corpses. He drank the blood of one victim and ate her hand.[2] The crimes—which, prior to Miyazaki's apprehension and trial were classified "The Little Girl Murders", and would become known as the Tokyo/Saitama Serial Kidnapping Murders of Little Girls (東京・埼玉連続幼女誘拐殺人事件, Tōkyō Saitaima renzoku yōjo yūkai satsujin jiken?)—shocked Saitama Prefecture, which had a long-standing record of low occurrences of crimes against children.

During the day, Miyazaki was a mild-mannered employee. In his own time, he selected children to kill randomly. He terrorized the families of his victims, sending them letters recalling in graphic detail what he had done to their children. To the family of victim Erika Nanba, Miyazaki sent a morbid postcard assembled using words cut out of magazines, spelling out: "Erika. Cold. Cough. Throat. Rest. Death."

He allowed the corpse of his first victim, Mari Konno, to decompose in the hills near his home, then chopped off the hands and feet, which he kept in his closet, and which were recovered upon his arrest. He charred the remaining bones in his furnace, ground them into powder, and sent them to her family in a box, along with several of her teeth, photos of her clothes, and a postcard reading: "Mari. Cremated. Bones. Investigate. Prove."

Police found that the families of the victims had something else in common: they had all been bothered by strange phone calls. The phone would ring, but when answered, the person on the other end (presumably Miyazaki) would say nothing; if they didn't pick it up, the phone would sometimes ring for 20 minutes.

Yeah . . .I wouldn't like to be called a "Proud Otaku" after reading that.

Otaku is about as insulting as nerd is here.

Which means it's insulting to those who aren't otakus/nerds.

A direct translation is "Comic Book Nerd", yeah, but people outside of Japan love running around screaming "lol i'm an otaku!!!", which really means they're insulting themselves. Yes, it's a playground insult, but an insult nonetheless.