Favorite/Least Favorite Warriors Supports

Corbin

So now that all the support conversations have been cleaned up and put together into one thread, courtesy of @ProtoManDan, I'd like to know what everyone's favorite and least favorite supports are. If you haven't gotten a chance to read any of them yet, the link below will take you to the full compilation. Now with all that said, I'll start with mine:

Favorite: Corrin x Celica. I've gone on record saying I wanted Corrin to support Marth because, at the time, I thought he was the only other lord she would find common ground with. Well, as of writing this, I officially take that back. These two mesh wonderfully in their philosophies while simultaneously contrasting how they carry out said ideals, and by the time it finishes it feels like they've become close friends. I can't help but enjoy that type of dynamic, and I'm glad to see Celica in game for this reason.

Honorable Mention: Lianna x Chrom. It was really fun to see the two work off each other since their practically opposites on the battlefield, particularly their banter toward the end. 

Least Favorite: Rowan x Xander. I'll admit, I already didn't like Rowan for his immaturity and haughty attitude, but this was where I lost all respect for him as a character. Words cannot describe how saddening it is to see Rowan spit on his family like that and not even feel a hint of remorse. What adds insult to injury is the fact that Xander doesn't call him out on it, and family means everything to the man. 

Dishonorable Mention: Rowan x Marth. Similar reasons as above, but barely escapes a tie because Rowan actually shows signs of questioning his views on kingship. 

Edited by Corbin

I have to choose just one? Gosh, that's annoying.

Well, we'll start with least favorite, I guess, because it's easier. If I had to choose just one…I think I'd go Celica+Marth because there's no way they could both be THAT stupid - Marth's continent just so HAPPENS to have the same name as a continent in Celica's world, and it just so HAPPENS to have just finished a war in Celica's world and HAPPENS to be going through a war in Marth's. I'm pretty sure two college students could put two and two together, yet both Celica and Marth are just like eh, weird. Really, all of Celica's Supports bug me immensely because she's a clearly diehard pacifist…in a Warriors game. The exception is Celica+Anna, which was genius and didn't feature Celica's stupid ideology about fighting. Seriously, why? Why do 5 of her 7 Supports(Tiki's and Anna's being the exceptions) have to be about pacifism and how war is not the right answer? Yes, war is terrible, but for one, sometimes it's necessary, and for two, everyone who played Echoes already knew she hates war, and they only need one Support to show that mindset, not 5. Really, this game would have been better in multiple ways if they'd picked Alm instead. Or Tobin. Or Gray. Or Kliff. Or Boey. Or Mae. Or Jedah. Or Narcian. Let's have Narcian instead of anyone from Echoes. At least then I could get a couple laughs out of it.

Most Favorite…I like Lyn's in general because she kind of feels more real than most of the other characters. Picking just one, I think I'd go with Lyn+Robin because it never occurred to me that Lyn has to protect Mark through most of Blazing Sword or that this might carry over to another tactician. Plus the mentioning of the mysterious invisible arrow, which was great.

33 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I have to choose just one? Gosh, that's annoying.

Well, we'll start with least favorite, I guess, because it's easier. If I had to choose just one…I think I'd go Celica+Marth because there's no way they could both be THAT stupid - Marth's continent just so HAPPENS to have the same name as a continent in Celica's world, and it just so HAPPENS to have just finished a war in Celica's world and HAPPENS to be going through a war in Marth's. I'm pretty sure two college students could put two and two together, yet both Celica and Marth are just like eh, weird. Really, all of Celica's Supports bug me immensely because she's a clearly diehard pacifist…in a Warriors game. The exception is Celica+Anna, which was genius and didn't feature Celica's stupid ideology about fighting. Seriously, why? Why do 5 of her 7 Supports(Tiki's and Anna's being the exceptions) have to be about pacifism and how war is not the right answer? Yes, war is terrible, but for one, sometimes it's necessary, and for two, everyone who played Echoes already knew she hates war, and they only need one Support to show that mindset, not 5. Really, this game would have been better in multiple ways if they'd picked Alm instead. Or Tobin. Or Gray. Or Kliff. Or Boey. Or Mae. Or Jedah. Or Narcian. Let's have Narcian instead of anyone from Echoes. At least then I could get a couple laughs out of it.

Most Favorite…I like Lyn's in general because she kind of feels more real than most of the other characters. Picking just one, I think I'd go with Lyn+Robin because it never occurred to me that Lyn has to protect Mark through most of Blazing Sword or that this might carry over to another tactician. Plus the mentioning of the mysterious invisible arrow, which was great.

Oh no, you can choose multiple. I just ended up picking one (two technically speaking) because it was hard for me to decide on multiple favorites (I ended up liking a lot of them). 

Edited by Corbin

My least favourite support would probably be Marth and Caeda. I like the pairing and on its own I would like the support, but I got a feeling of deja vu when reading that support. Its been a while since I played fe12, but it felt like a total repeat of their conversation there.

I'm not sure which support is my favourite as of now. Maybe Celica/Rowan? It explains why Rowan is such a gungho dumbass and its nice to see Celica share my impression of her little fight with Alm.

13 hours ago, Corbin said:

Oh no, you can choose multiple. I just ended up picking one (two technically speaking) because it was hard for me to decide on multiple favorites (I ended up liking a lot of them). 

In that case, for least favorite I'm just going with all of Celica's except Celica+Anna and all of Camilla's.

Wow, someone beat me to mentioning Camilla and Frederick.Two of a kind?....sort of. lol

I also love how Camilla enjoys teasing girls. Camilla X Cordelia lol

Camilla X Anna is nice for showing how she thinks of her retainers even while separated sort of as if they were her kids....

Edited by wissenschaft