Ryoma/Xander reference their Cipher cards (Minor Spoilers)

VincentASM

As some of you may know, all characters can promote in this game, even if they start off already promoted. One thing I found really neat was that Ryoma and Xander's promoted outfits are actually based off their Series 6 and 7 Cipher cards.

Cipher: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B07-051.png

Cipher: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/File:B06-051.png

For those unaware, those two particular Cipher cards are based on Ryoma and Xander after the events of Fates, once they've become the kings of Hoshido and Nohr, as reflected by their classes Hoshidan King and Nohrian King. That is also what their promoted classes in Warriors are called.

I haven't been able to check, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other "new" outfits have similar inspirations. For one, I'd like to know if Caeda's promoted outfit is based off her promoted form from the old TCG...

Now there's a tiny bit of potentially bad news. For better or worse, the (WIP) English translation of Warriors has opted to call their promoted classes High Prince and Crown Prince. Which, while fitting in character, completely removes the reference to Cipher. Of course, very very few English-speaking players would've understood the reference in the first place, but it's still a bit "eh".

Though the name is different (since the localized one didn't make them kings instead), there's still the designs. At least it's what that reminds me of the cipher ones but yeah it's a little... inaccurate.

Also, why is Xander a "witch king" lol

Edited by LoboKD001
error

4 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

Though the name is different (since the localized one didn't make them kings instead), there's still the designs. At least it's what that reminds me of the cipher ones but yeah it's a little... inaccurate.

Yeah, it's just a tiny thing at the end of the day. If they changed some costumes, it would be a really big deal.

I imagine they removed the "king" reference since nobody is going to know the context (Cipher) and they might get confused with the timeline. Like, did Xander murder Garon to become king or something? : P

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, it's just a tiny thing at the end of the day. If they changed some costumes, it would be a really big deal.

I imagine they removed the "king" reference since nobody is going to know the context (Cipher) and they might get confused with the timeline. Like, did Xander murder Garon to become king or something? : P

The return of the blue curtain... Hehehe

But ye, I guess you have a point with the timeline thing. 

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I mean, it's implied that at the end of Revelations that he became king

which I think that's the storyline Warriors is using

then again, Revelations

Edited by Captain Karnage

55 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Now there's a tiny bit of potentially bad news. For better or worse, the (WIP) English translation of Warriors has opted to call their promoted classes High Prince and Crown Prince.

Wait, how does that even work? They are already the high prince of Hoshido and crown prince of Nohr respectively. That's honestly pretty funny.

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

I mean, it's implied that at the end of Revelations that he became king

which I think that's the storyline Warriors is using

then again, Revelations

Warriors apparently took them from a time before the choice, since everyone is still fighting each other and the Nohrians are actually surprised Iago is working against them. So no, it would be weird to have them kings when they haven't been crowned yet and Garon is still kicking. That said the English titels aren't that much better.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Wait, how does that even work? They are already the high prince of Hoshido and crown prince of Nohr respectively. That's honestly pretty funny.

Maybe they are Super High Princes?

I do like they are paying attention to Cipher so I hope they take more from that. Maybe we can have a map where Risen King Chrom could be the boss

2 hours ago, LoboKD001 said:

I call him that as a joke because it reminds me of the Witch King from the Lord of the Rings.

The Nohrians become so spiky... more edgy haha

Now I call Leo: Leo the hedgehog! Somehow he reminds me of Shadow with his new armor.

Anyway, I really like how they took the Cipher artwork for these two!! Is a nice touch, how I wish this was a thing in actual Fates.

Edited by SniperGYS

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

I call him that as a joke because it reminds me of the Witch King from the Lord of the Rings.

Oh lmao. I wouldn't know that since i have never watched it xD

4 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Now I call Leo: Leo the hedgehog! Somehow he reminds me of Shadog with his new armor.

This makes me very happy 8)

7 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

Maybe they are Super High Princes?

Valla doesn't exist. That was one afternoon of smoking some mold Corrin found while hiding in a ditch and became addicted to. 

5 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Now I call Leo: Leo the hedgehog! Somehow he reminds me of Shadow with his new armor.

Please, let's not turn Leo into Shadow. Otherwise Garon turns Black Doom and the story of Fates becomes even more disjointed, with unnecessary guns and cars added to the mix. Takumi in the meanwhile mutates into Silver and Anankos turns into Solaris, with Possessed Takumi becoming Mephiles and Blight Dragon!Garon is Iblis. You don't want this now, do you?

Interesting references to Cipher, but I'm not sure if I like Ryoma's outfit. Xander's isn't so bad.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Please, let's not turn Leo into Shadow. Otherwise Garon turns Black Doom and the story of Fates becomes even more disjointed, with unnecessary guns and cars added to the mix. Takumi in the meanwhile mutates into Silver and Anankos turns into Solaris, with Possessed Takumi becoming Mephiles and Blight Dragon!Garon is Iblis. You don't want this now, do you?

That sounds like such a mess one would play it for the sole purpose of seeing how bad it is.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why not? Maybe it even become better than Conquest story that was already bad (but for me anything can be better than Conquest). Let's just make the Corrins into Sonic and Hinoka into Knuckles and gotta go fast :newyears: