Challenge run

Janus

Which common challenge should I attempt first?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Choose plz?

• Females only
    • Laguz only
    • Other (specify, but be reasonable)

It's easy not to use Sothe in part 1 normal. I do it all the time cause I hate Sothe. You just have to play smart. And how would you beat the BK in 4-E-2 if you don't train Ike a little? It's gonna take a LOT of bexp to make him strong enough to fight the BK.

Put him on a Cover Tile and Equip him w/ Ragnell right away. Then hope for Aether. Although that sounds more rigged than the BK fight in PoR. Or you could have him near the wall and his support near him... Preferably something taht increases SKL and Dodge. Okay, not Ike is too rigged. But still, don't use Ike to kill every other stinking Begnion soldier on the field.

Put him on a Cover Tile and Equip him w/ Ragnell right away. Then hope for Aether. Although that sounds more rigged than the BK fight in PoR. Or you could have him near the wall and his support near him... Preferably something taht increases SKL and Dodge. Okay, not Ike is too rigged. But still, don't use Ike to kill every other stinking Begnion soldier on the field.

You can't activate Aether cause BK has Nihil. It may not be impossible but it would be a lot harder.

You can't activate Aether cause BK has Nihil. It may not be impossible but it would be a lot harder.

I forgot. Too bad you can't remove that. It's still totally rigged. Or you could give him a Hammer. It's less rigged that way.

I forgot. Too bad you can't remove that. It's still totally rigged. Or you could give him a Hammer. It's less rigged that way.

Yeah, it'd still rigged. Ike wouldn't stand a chance. And he'd have to use a lot of concoctions/elixers. Plus BK has Imbue so he has to do more damage than the BK can heal. I also forgot, how is an untrained Ike going to land the finishing blow on Ashera? His accuracy is already mediocre at maxed level/maxed biorhythm. I think that battle would be very long too.

Haha, that means you have to cower behind the BK and Tauroneo when they rejoin. Quite an interesting idea.

And the best part is, I know how hard that can be because I used to be bad at distributing experience amongst my regular units until after I played this game. Why? Because I had to cower behind the BK, Tauroneo, and the partner units during the Part 3 DB chapters. :(

I think I've settled on doing a laguz/required-only run.

From what I can deduce, the laguz units to bring to the Endgame would be (besides royals/Giffca), and this will be on Easy difficulty:

Volug

Mordecai

Ranulf

Reyson

Janaff

Ulki

Skrimir

But perhaps I could make good use of Vika, Muarim and the other slackers?

From what I can deduce, the laguz units to bring to the Endgame would be (besides royals/Giffca), and this will be on Easy difficulty:

Volug

Mordecai

Ranulf

Reyson

Janaff

Ulki

Skrimir

Yeah, just try them all out and see which ones work for you. Be prepared to use A LOT of olivi grass.

Female only would be kind of cool. Or you could do an ugly playthrogh. You'd have Oliver, Brom, Caineghis, Giffca, Nealuchi, Laura, and Mordecai!

O NO U DIDN'T

Bastian's actually WICKED good.

Just how is Bastian good anyway? Granted, he's better than in PoR, but he still isn't that great.

Volug

Mordecai

Ranulf

Reyson

Janaff

Ulki

Skrimir

Give Volug all of the BEXP you get in Part 1 if you aren't using Vika or Muarim. If you raise him only on BEXP, he comes close to meeting Nailah stat-wise.

That list's probably as good as you can get unless you're willing to dump every bit of BEXP you get in Muarim/Vika or boss abuse.

Volug averages 3.25 stat points per level until he caps something, so he's better off using CEXP level-ups. BEXP to near-level-ups, then let him kill something. And he won't cap anything until HP/Luk really late. BEXP will also give him mostly HP and Luk, and then one other stat.