Pokemon Gold & Silver remake

Relinquished

So, would you buy it if it were to go out?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes!! G&S are the most epic Pokemon games
    • No. I don't care becuase i'm boring

You know, of what i've been reading about the hints on releasing a remake for Gen. 2, it COULD HAPPEN. but let's face it: IT COULD BE NOT POSSIBLE as well. The troubling matter (i think) is that there are no official website giving updates on such matter. but also, the copyright claims on Dawn Gold and Dusk Silver are very important because it boosts the possibilities on using those names on future games.

Alas, it all rests on waiting. There's nothing more to do. But if these games are official, i'll definitevely buy them. For me, Gen. 2 is WAY better than D&P.

Now, i need to hear your opinions on this matter and your choice.

also, some questions:

-What would you change?, which features you think that must remain?

-Why do you think it's going to be released? (if you think so)

-there would be a need on releasing a Stadium-style for the G&S remakes to work with. Do you think it would be wise to use the old-style Stadium (remade, of course) or are you happy without Stadium?

I would make the Kanto region more challenging, with more trainers in the gyms instead of only the gym leader.

perhaps even add an actual plot to the Kanto region besides the "OMG I NEED TO GET GYM BADGES!"

and if they made a Stadium game as good or better than Pokemon Stadium 2 i would be crazy happy!

The thread title misled me.

I agree with Troy of Troy that a potential remake would benefit from an expanded Kanto, either through means of a more thorough story or increased difficulty. I remember the Johto region taking significantly more time to complete than the Kanto region.

I would also hope for the game engine to be adjusted or redesigned if a potential remake were to be introduced on the Nintendo DS. Scrolling through menus and waiting for turns to finish in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl takes too much time, the interface felt unpolished because it was uncomfortably clunky. If the engine wasn't at all improved then I'd hesitate to buy another Pokemon game even if it were a remake of Gold or Silver.

Edit (2008.10.31):

I never played Pokemon Stadium so I'm not personally concerned with such a prospect.

To be honest I wouldn't be particularly pleased if new Pokemon were introduced, even if they would only be available upon completing the main quest, but I know that hope is most likely unrealistic.

I remember enjoying something regarding the Radio Station that was introduced in Pokemon Crystal. It was a night show in which the player would answer questions for points in order to earn special items. Something like that might be fun to keep.

Edited by Wist

Johto had a more eastern theme to it than the other Pokemon regions, which made Kanto in contrast look western. I thought the two lands were great, they meshed in so well. 16 gym leaders? Hell yeah.

Gen 1 was awesome

Gen 2 just blew me away.

Then it went downhill on 3. 4 was no better. I'm just going to stick with playing the first two generations of Pokemon, despite my favorite one being from gen 4.

Edited by Roserade

The end of Gen 2 marked the end of my interest in Pokemon.

Gen 1 and 2, I played till I had several teams of lvl 100s and the completed Pokedex. Gen 3 and so forth sicken me, you have to buy many pokemon games and have several systems and attend some "events" just to be able to complete the pokedex without cheating. I only play the newer pokemon games to beat the elite 4 and give the game a chance, none of them have kept me playing past that.

That poll's pretty one-sided, isn't it.

Anyway, while the idea of a Gold and Silver remake is pretty exciting, I have to admit that I'm so devoted to the original versions that I don't think I'd enjoy them more than the Gameboy Color classics.

Yellow was the best pokemon game ever

Wrong. Yellow is not the best pokemon game ever. Neithr is red or blue, gold, silver or crystal. Nor is it Ruby, Saphire or emerald. Definitly not Diamond, pearl or platinum. Not the stadiums or colleseums. No, the best pokemon game is below.

61s9J0LmQaL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Wrong. Yellow is not the best pokemon game ever. Neithr is red or blue, gold, silver or crystal. Nor is it Ruby, Saphire or emerald. Definitly not Diamond, pearl or platinum. Not the stadiums or colleseums. No, the best pokemon game is below.

Lawl. Are you trying to troll? If so, it's a terrible troll. All of the games you mentioned before are better than Ranger or any spin-off Pokemon games (possibly except Pokemon Puzzle League).

Lawl. Are you trying to troll? If so, it's a terrible troll. All of the games you mentioned before are better than Ranger or any spin-off Pokemon games (possibly except Pokemon Puzzle League).

Its not trolling. I really feel that way. Try playing Ranger sometime. If you already have and still feel this way, you have bad taste.

wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf yeah I will buy this

Back at the time that I use to be a huge fan of Pokemon, this series was like my favorite of all time. Not only that, but I use to transfer all my Kanto Pokemon into my old G/S game. Then I single handedly beat the game by my teams that I've from my Blue version. Good times too. But yeah, I would like the remake. I really can't think of a reason as to why they shouldn't.

Hmmm..... It seems like some of you are over glorifying the 2nd gen...(imo) Anyway, if they remade this it would be considered 4th gen. Like FR/LG were considered 3rd. And the few of you saying you don't like the 4th gen much you won't like the remake of GS anyway..

And personally, I feel it's like this: 4th>3rd>2nd>1st.

They won't even remake it anyway.. >.>

I love Pokemon Ranger.

If your craving a remake of the Jhoto region there's a FireRed hack going on called Shiny Gold.

It's good for many but it doesn't satisfy my hunger for an authentic GSC remake.

Pokemon Shiny Gold was the first rom hack, no, the first thing I ever got a rom for. I got a Shiny Gastly. :D

Nah, you just don't know very good games from ones that lose out in greatness.

Oh boo hoo he likes a game you think sucks more than a game you think is fucking amazing, call the cops.