What RPG games are your favorite and why?

Liz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knights of the Old Republic (and the second) was also really nice. It's one of the few licensed games I really, really want to keep going. Its story was quite nice, I especially liked the second, and it actually felt like the movies--something none of the games has ever done right.

Plus swingin' around those sabers never got old for me :x

• 2 weeks later...
Tales of Phantasia

Tales of Destiny

Tales of Eternia

Tales of Destiny 2

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Rebirth

Tales of Legendia

Tales of the Abyss

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology

Since I'm a huge tales fanboy.

you must the the sonic games because of tails...

I am appalled nobody here has mentioned Breath of Fire III.

It's one of my all time favourite RPGs. It just has this certain, warm, fuzzy and nostalgic atmosphere. The environments are incredibly beautiful, the music is excellent, the story is great with lots of twists, and the gameplay is spectacular. And the most important thing is that, it's about dragons, and dragons are undeniably awesome. You actually control a dragon!

It also has some of my most favourite characters. Rei and Garr (or Garland) are my absolute favourites, but I love the rest of them as well.

I dunno if these count as RPGs or not (they're turn-based strategy), but I found Metal Gear Acid and Metal Gear Acid2 to be very enjoyable. Which is odd, because those are the only Metal Gear games I've ever played.

Final Fantasy ($ especially) - love the storylines. Loved all the different materia (etc) mechanics. Loved most of the charries

Ys: Ark of Napishtan: Picked it up on a whim, got hooked, want to play the others.

Star Ocean: Cool charries. Haven't finished it yet... or got very far but I'm trying

Luminous Arc: Loved the characters. Loved the story. Can't wait for the sequel.

Riviera: It was a very different way of fighting that I quite enjoyed.

Fire emblem: I really oughta mention it

Skies of Arcadia: One of my all time faves. Loved the game in every way. Bit frustrating becoming Vyse the Legend but I will get there! ...Eventually...

Pokemon: First rpg I ever got... so many memories. Kinda got off it a bit now...

Golden Sun: It got my through a very difficult german exchange. I am forever in its debt.

Hoshigami: It kept me playing. I think I just have a thing for SRPGS... I blame Fire Emblem...

Lost Magic: Loved collecting all the monstery things and trying to fight with them.

Uh, those are the ones I think of off the top of my head so they must be my faves. I love rpgs :D

Edited by Cute Chao

• 2 weeks later...
4: Riviera: The Promised Land

Awesome a Riviera fan: that game kicked @$$

here's my list

1.Fire Emblem

2.Final Fantasy CC

3.Final Fantasy VI

4.Riviera

5. Phantasy Star Series

6.Golden Sun

7.Paper Mario TYD

8. KotORII

9.Fable

Edited by Marth Knight of the Memnar

ahh i remember my very first RPG... Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest... man that's old and still one of my fav's because of how simplistic it was to get into it... that's what got me into the genre really... then there's Super Mario RPG... the MOST ULTIMATE Mario rpg ever!!!! ahh the memories of 32-bit or less quality... now it's all 3D (HA-HAAAA!!! triple D's...) yeah you crazy kids with your Final fantasy bagillion and your Gears of war and your halo 3... (man i feel old...) but out of the newer stuff here's my list...

1. Final Fantasy XII (IT'S LIKE AN INTERACTIVE MOVIE!!! FINALLY A GAME FOR THE INCREDIBLY LAZY!!!!)

2. Ys: Ark of Napistiam... (Nafishtam... na... ahh screw it! can never pronounce that right)

3. Mario and Luigi: partners in time (methinks that's the name... Super Mario RPG STILL OWNS HARDER!!)

my brain is stuck in the past right now so it can't think straight for the new games...

SMRPG at the very least needs to be on the VC. I've heard they're planning on releasing it, but WHEN!?

Also, I am addicted to Tales of Symphonia right now.

Tales of Symphonia is the best game ever in my opinion. (Fire emblem is second. ((I've said this before though, so forgive me for repeating it))) I don't think that any game I ever will play will be as amazingly crazy awesome. This is all opinion though.

• 3 months later...

I have a few..

Pokemon series

FFIV

Fire Emblem

Mario & Luigi (the first and PiT)

Paper Mario: The thousand year door

Mario Tennis: Power Tour (pretty sure it's an RPG...)

Breath of Fire

And if MMOs count.... Trickster Online. <_<

So many great RPGs...Let's see, there's Breath of Fire 3, Odin Sphere, Quest 64, all the Paper Marios, Final Fantasy 1-10, Chrono Trigger, Golden Sun, Riviera, Tales of Symphonia, Star Ocean: Til the End of Time, Pokemon Series, and of course, Fire Emblem.