Is FEH getting stale lately?

Prince Endriu

46 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

My problem with upping the difficulty that so far it's kinda just got more and more BS where you almost have to ba a whale or jus have extreme luck in summoning to get through. While there are a lot of ways to get free orbs a wide majority of them are locked off from the people who really need them the f2p people. It rewards wales with more orbs and the fish kinda just get screwed. The rich get richer and the poor stay that way. I get that's kinda the business model of gatcha games but it still irks me to no end that's it's just impossible for me to get larger orb rewards because I don't have enough orbs to spend to get the heroes I need dispite playing the game steadily since launch.

Honestly I'm fine with harder maps but the way IS is going about it with stat boosting everyone into oblivion just isn't fun. 

I don't know how to go about making it harder but still fair I just don't think that giving us map after map of the same broken enemies is the solution. 

Maybe they could make some maps bigger than one screen so you don't get swarmed in like two or less turns but that might hurt the balance of the game.

The idea that you guys are proposing are interesting and the multi-map GHB is from a fantasy standpoint awesome but I'm afraid IS is gonna take it too far.

What? Free players can get over a hundred Orbs every month with very little effort. The extra few Orbs that whales have easy access to is nothing. Grand Hero Battles and Bound Hero Battles on Lunatic can all be completed with free units. Infernal mode may give free players a harder time, but free players are only missing out on a few Orbs or some Feathers and a free unit.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Greencapps said:

My problem with upping the difficulty that so far it's kinda just got more and more BS where you almost have to ba a whale or jus have extreme luck in summoning to get through. While there are a lot of ways to get free orbs a wide majority of them are locked off from the people who really need them the f2p people. It rewards wales with more orbs and the fish kinda just get screwed. The rich get richer and the poor stay that way. I get that's kinda the business model of gatcha games but it still irks me to no end that's it's just impossible for me to get larger orb rewards because I don't have enough orbs to spend to get the heroes I need dispite playing the game steadily since launch.

Honestly I'm fine with harder maps but the way IS is going about it with stat boosting everyone into oblivion just isn't fun. 

I don't know how to go about making it harder but still fair I just don't think that giving us map after map of the same broken enemies is the solution. 

Maybe they could make some maps bigger than one screen so you don't get swarmed in like two or less turns but that might hurt the balance of the game.

The idea that you guys are proposing are interesting and the multi-map GHB is from a fantasy standpoint awesome but I'm afraid IS is gonna take it too far.

No offense, but which orbs havent you been able to get. I was f2p for over two months since I started and just caved in because I got obsessed over getting Azura - all dancers respectively - so I bought nine 23 orbs packs on Thuesday - wouldnt exactly make me a whale. Sometimes it might be more difficult but thats the challenge. I am currently tier 20 next week I am gonna be tier 19 again. There is no orbs difference just feathers. Jumping between tier 18 and 19 shouldnt be too hard. BLYN is a very powerful unit - accessible for free to anyone. The black knight is powerful - grinding to 30k shouldnt be  a problem. Of course it might all depend on your roster but even then I believe that you can get most orbs. If at all, we are talking maybe 5-10 orbs that are hard to get. I have been able to get all orbs recently. Still got some chain challenges and squad assault to complete though but those arent time limited. 

I dont really think this game caters that much for whales or that benefit from any extra orbs that are locked from the rest of the ocean.

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

What? Free players can get over a hundred Orbs every month with very little effort. The extra few Orbs that whales have easy access to is nothing. Grand Hero Battles and Bound Hero Battles on Lunatic can all be completed with free units. Infernal mode may give free players a harder time, but free players are only missing out on a few Orbs or some Feathers and a free unit.

Not true most new lunatic maps are near impossible without good units and not everyone has been playing since day one or if they have they could just have shitty luck and not have good units. And the chain battles sometimes require more than one team either literally restricting you to more than one or just being so difficult that you'll inevitably lose and need reinforcements. That's a ton of orbs that most players just don't have access to.

I wasn't talking strictly about time sensitive orbs I was taking orbs in general.

Edited by Greencapps

13 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

Not true most new lunatic maps are near impossible without good units and not everyone has been playing since day one or if they have they could just have shitty luck and not have good units. And the chain battles sometimes require more than one team either literally restricting you to more than one or just being so difficult that you'll inevitably lose and need reinforcements. That's a ton of orbs that most players just don't have access to.

I wasn't talking strictly about time sensitive orbs I was taking orbs in general.

1. thats not true, most lunatic maps are clearable with free to get units

2. why should longtime player suffer (i mean they are playing the game activly and love it)

3. i dont see how 3-4 orbs can make/break a f2p player like seriously

32 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

Just an advise

F2p is a challenge. You dont need +10 units to be successful. Dont rely too much on orbs. They will always be sort of limited. Minor orbs purchases wont necessarily help at all. True I have been lucky with some pulls and some IVs. But its not about the orbs for me, its about the feathers. The more feathers you can get the more units you can upgrade and merge. I got more than 10 ninos. My +spd-def Nino is +1. One day I will get her to +5 or maybe even +10. Thats a lot of work imo but if it works out its gonna be cool and I will be proud of it. But thats very long term. There are other 'f2p' (available at 4 or 3* that is) units that can go a long way like Reinhardt, Cordelia, Cherche, Effie that can be upgraded, merged and made powerful. Grand Heroes like Xander or Camus are great as well and hopefully be back soon.  Summonings are RNG based you can spend a lot f2p or p2w orbs and still not get good units. So the few orbs you have been missing out so far wouldnt have necessarily made a change. This game is like a marathon - have patience, put in some work and you will get all the orbs pretty soon.

Edited by Prince Endriu

Also a Map creator would be very cool. Create a map and place units (even the ones you dont have) adjust their level and their skills free and you can upload it once you have beating it yourself (just like Mario maker). I would love a map creator. So many endless possibilitys and maps to play x.x

12 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Just an advise

F2p is a challenge. You dont need +10 units to be successful. Dont rely too much on orbs. They will always be sort of limited. Minor orbs purchases wont necessarily help at all. True I have been lucky with some pulls and some IVs. But its not about the orbs for me, its about the feathers. The more feathers you can get the more units you can upgrade and merge. I got more than 10 ninos. My +spd-def Nino is +1. One day I will get her to +5 or maybe even +10. Thats a lot of work imo but if it works out its gonna be cool and I will be proud of it. But thats very long term. There are other 'f2p' (available at 4 or 3* that is) units that can go a long way like Reinhardt, Cordelia, Cherche, Effie that can be upgraded, merged and made powerful. Summonings are RNG based you can spend a lot f2p or p2w orbs and still not get good units. So the few orbs you have been missing out so far wouldnt have necessarily made a change. This game is like a marathon - have patience, put in some work and you will get all the orbs pretty soon.

To be clear I'm able to clear the maps cause I've had good luck from the get go and have playing since launch. My point is not everyone does. There are 80 orbs locked behind the chain challenges which before BLYN were impossible even for me and even now are pretty dang hard. Not to mention lunatic Ch9-5 and up and the occasional paralog are brutal without light's blessing. And the Orbs that are times dispite not seeming like too big of a deal in the moment stack up over time. 

But I digress.

I'm gonna make this a topic so the mods don't get on to us for being off topic and we can discuss it further there. That is if the topic doesn't already exist.