neat idea!

Liz

for the magic weapons, instead of having a mt to deal damage, it should use your units magic stat

for example, lets say the sonic sword in FE9. it has 10 mt. well, instead of using the 10 mt, it should use your units magic stat! it would be more proper, methinks.

Edited by Troy of Troy

That would work if the mag stat existed for sword-users in FE7.

yup, that's what i was thinking.

it would have been really neat for Mist in FE9-10.

it would have made her a beast in the battlefield

XD

if her stat is 1 with 10% grow each lv?

eh?

magic weapons wouldn't always favor everyone, though.

it would only be there to actually give some importance to the magic stat in some units.

for example, Lucia has godly magic average stats that she doesn't even use. she actually caps magic normally in FE10! it would give people an incentive to use her, that's for sure...

It would still use her strength stat. It would just also use her magic stat.

The damage would ultimately be fairly similar. Higher, but not well enough.

yeah, that's what i meant.

only that the weapon would have no or small mt.

it would give people the incentive to use certain characters, such as Lucia and Danved and such

Sounds interesting to say the least. Although I think it may work best that way for ranged attacks. Something like STR+MT up close and MAG+MT from afar. Magic or not it's still a weapon.

Sounds interesting to say the least. Although I think it may work best that way for ranged attacks. Something like STR+MT up close and MAG+MT from afar. Magic or not it's still a weapon.

well, what i was thinking was that for close attacks it would be STR + MAG, using the enemy unit's DEF stat to calculate damage.

for distance attacks, it would be STR + MAG, using the enemy unit's RES stat to calculate damage.

just to make it more hax.

:P

i mean, the point of doing this is to give the magic stat at least SOME use for the non-magic units and to make Valkyries even MORE beastly, assuming they continue to use swords!

Edited by Troy of Troy

well, what i was thinking was that for close attacks it would be STR + MAG, using the enemy unit's DEF stat to calculate damage.

for distance attacks, it would be STR + MAG, using the enemy unit's RES stat to calculate damage.

just to make it more hax.

:P

i mean, the point of doing this is to give the magic stat at least SOME use for the non-magic units and to make Valkyries even MORE beastly, assuming they continue to use swords!

That actually sounds pretty awesome.