Is Ryoma really older than corrin?

Narwhy

39 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ryoma demonstrates that he is a horrible ruler anyway, in Birthright.  His first act as king is to disappear on some espionage mission that he could have left to his ninjas while his kingdom panicked about losing their new king, and if the story had made any sense, Nohr would have taken that opportunity to march on the capital.

How competent would he be in peacetime, in your opinion?

3 minutes ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

How competent would he be in peacetime, in your opinion?

Hard to say.  His track record doesn't speak well for him, though.

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

What does not make sense is Sakura being younger than Corrin. Like, Corrin was kidnapped as a baby, but Sakura's mother had already been dead when Corrin was kidnapped, which means Sakura was alive when Corrin was a baby.

Spoiler

Sakura is younger than Corrin, she was a baby/toddler during Corrin's kidnapping. Mikoto already had Corrin when she married Sumeragi, so Corrin was their stepchild. It's possible that Mikoto was originally a concubine, like Arete OR she had known Sumeragi before Ikona's death. Ikona may have died due to child birth or illness. And then Mikoto swooped in and became a new queen. It's wasn't uncommon for people of power/authority to get married quickly after the death of a spouse in olden times. It was common for a widow(er) to even be propositioned at the spouse's funeral.

45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Welllll after Sumeragi died, Mikoto fought a brief civil war with rebel daimyo. This angel drew her yumi and shot the daimyo down quickly. During this, she said she was doing this as the regent of the too young to rule Ryoma. Having accrued some experience in Hoshidan politics and culture and understanding the people during her concubinage, Mikoto was able to shore up her control quickly, it helps that as a Vallite princess governance and politics were in her past experiences.

As for Ryoma not becoming King of Hoshido. Ryoma likes Mikoto, and acknowledges her rule to be a good one. So why rock the boat? He has over the years become co-ruler with her, in the inferior position, but nonetheless a co-ruler. He might not be able invoke all the trappings of kingship, but close to it. Mikoto for her part takes the burden off Ryoma's shoulders so he can spend more time maturing into a better ruler.

....Or so went my Fates rewrite.

Ooooh this is some GoT type stuff and I'm here for it.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Nintendo/the censors/the localization team cares, since they go out of their way to say Elise is an "adult".

"I'm not a kid! I'm just short for my age!

And undeveloped!

And not remotely emotionally mature enough to be in a sexual relationship!"

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Yes, which means that Sumeragi was two-timing his wife with Mikoto for years before she died.  Mikoto had her killed so she could plot with Garon to assassinate Sumeragi and then steal the rightful throne away from Ryoma.

Alternative: Sumeragi, Mikoto and Ikona were all in a relationship with each other!

5 hours ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

H'm... that sounds reasonable... and interesting. How do you think that would work out?

We don't know anything about Ikona, so this is all headcannon, but maybe instead of Sumeragi cheating on Ikona, the three were secretly in a polyamorous relationship, that way it makes Mikoto less of a homewrecker. I just think it's more interesting than Sumeragi being unfaithful.

1 hour ago, Aquazuras said:

We don't know anything about Ikona, so this is all headcannon, but maybe instead of Sumeragi cheating on Ikona, the three were secretly in a polyamorous relationship, that way it makes Mikoto less of a homewrecker. I just think it's more interesting than Sumeragi being unfaithful.

I don't see Sumeragi being unfaithful; so either it was polyamory or Sumeragi seeing Mikoto with Ikona's blessing.

3 minutes ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

I don't see Sumeragi being unfaithful; so either it was polyamory or Sumeragi seeing Mikoto with Ikona's blessing.

Based on the line I mentioned earlier about Sumeragi being with Mikoto for only a short time, it seems to me that Sumeragi only acted on his feelings for her after Ikona died.

And besides, Mikoto being around didn't stop Sumeragi from having two more children with Ikona.