Your Thoughts on Seasonal Heroes

Rezzy

How often do you think we should have seasonal banners?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you think we should have seasonal/holiday/limited banners?

• More often
    • About as often as we do now (Once a month/50% of the time)
    • Less often than we do now
    • Never

I like the seasonal units. I think most of the characters look great, and I just genuinely like the fanservice. I would like them to branch out past Awakening and Fates (we were so close with the Brides), but they are the games that people blame for the onslaught of fanservice...hoho.

Honestly, I'm just really happy that Marth got to see Caeda in her wedding dress, she's beautiful and I'm glad I'll have another chance to get her.

Due to this, I'm content with the pace we're going at, though I would like some more GHB, we still need Linus, and characters like Petrine and Aversa would be great to have.

So yeah, bring on more seasonals please. I still haven't spent a penny :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

What do all of you think about the design of the heroes?

Already stated that if you bothered to look one page back.

I don't really care about the rate that we're getting seasonal characters. We're getting about 4-6 new characters a month without the seasonal characters, which is a pace that is perfectly fine with me. It keeps the meta from changing too quickly (i.e. the currently viable units you choose to build will generally remain viable for some time) and prevents the summoning pool from getting diluted to hell and back.

The one thing that bothers me is the fact that the game hasn't been out for long enough to really have a good expectation of when limited characters will ever return. Tales of Asteria repeats its seasonal characters every year, and F/GO repeats its event banner characters 1 year later for the event's re-run with potential appearances now and then on other banners. So far, the Legendary Heroes banner is all we have to go by.

It really would be nice to have seasonal characters occasionally appear in "Heroes with [skill]" banners.

51 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It really would be nice to have seasonal characters occasionally appear in "Heroes with [skill]" banners.

Now that you've said this, I really want this to happen. It'd be a nice surprise for it to happen :)

Honestly I just wish it were easier to get for collection purposes. Seasonals tend to burn me out when my luck just won't come. So I really wish there was a quest to dress up either during the banner's season or just after or even just always available if one really wanted to be nice.. Basically take a 5* of the base unit and basically forge the seasonal. Of course it could only be done once, either per character or make it like the CYL where you can do it once for a single unit form that banner. I imagine it would be the latter. This would also be a way to keep the old ones available even if they want to make a complete set of new seasonals each time the season comes round.

EX. You need the base unit(this would be the source of the boon/bane), the weapon the unit is going to use, and the way the unit is going to move. So for Halloween Nowi you would need a 5* Nowi, a Red Tome unit, and a flying unit. If all three units had to be 5* the cost of getting the unit this way would be very high which combined with the limit of doing it once would keep it from being a replacement from pulling. I suppose it gets a bit a redundant for units who don't change movement types, but meh. Assuming you had to build the merge up from scratch that would be at least 60 badges and 60000 feathers to get the unit. Might be a bit too expensive for full F2P, unless you really really wanted that unit. For whales it may end up just being a way to get that final merge or for controlling the boon/bane if you have had poor luck with your pulled boon/banes. A more accessible variant would be to have looser rarity requirements but make the resulting dress up be the average of the rarities combined. That is assuming data for seasonals at lower ratings exist in game(I would imagine it does, but you never know). That said IS probably wouldn't want it to be too accessible, so if such a thing would occur it would probably eat up a lot of resources to pull off.

One can dream anyways.