Overall Favorites: Thieves

Doodlebug Four

Fav Thieves  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Thieves

Thieves are not one of my favourite units meaning I rarely bring more than one to a map as they are generally even more fragile than a myrmidon, at the same time there are thieves that I like and I always end up getting suckered into beefing up the thief be it arena abuse, feeding them kills etc. Some of my favourite thieves are 1)Matthew- this guy has hysterical lines 2) Legault- love this guy 3) Julian- I like his design and he started the thief archetype in FE, plus he's similar to thieves like Matthew in personality. 4) Dew- Come-on! It's Dew how can you not like this guy's character, some of his lines are so funny. 5) Shura- I really, really like this character. 6) Niles- love his supports with Elisse, Nyx, Effie, and Charlotte and I find it hilarious how he puts Arthur on edge. I just wish Fates had one thief character that was more like Matthew of Legault has all the thieves in Fates seem to either be Mr. Edgey (Saizo) or just Mr. Nice Guy (Kaze).

17 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

Thieves are not one of my favourite units meaning I rarely bring more than one to a map as they are generally even more fragile than a myrmidon, at the same time there are thieves that I like and I always end up getting suckered into beefing up the thief be it arena abuse, feeding them kills etc. Some of my favourite thieves are 1)Matthew- this guy has hysterical lines 2) Legault- love this guy 3) Julian- I like his design and he started the thief archetype in FE, plus he's similar to thieves like Matthew in personality. 4) Dew- Come-on! It's Dew how can you not like this guy's character, some of his lines are so funny. 5) Shura- I really, really like this character. 6) Niles- love his supports with Elisse, Nyx, Effie, and Charlotte and I find it hilarious how he puts Arthur on edge. I just wish Fates had one thief character that was more like Matthew of Legault has all the thieves in Fates seem to either be Mr. Edgey (Saizo) or just Mr. Nice Guy (Kaze).

Then you my friend have not seen Pahn to good use! Pahn is my favorite thief in the entire series and the best one at that. Only problem is that you need to play FE5 which is the hardest game of all FE.

I like other thieves like Matthew and Legault because of their character but compared to Pahn? No way!

6 hours ago, Harvey said:

Then you my friend have not seen Pahn to good use! Pahn is my favorite thief in the entire series and the best one at that. Only problem is that you need to play FE5 which is the hardest game of all FE.

I like other thieves like Matthew and Legault because of their character but compared to Pahn? No way!

Really? I'm playing FE4 right now, but as soon as I finish that I want to tackle FE5 so I'll be sure to put Pahn to use then. Hard as never been a deterrent for me when it concerns Strategy games, it's a turn based strategy game it's SUPPOSED to be hard. Does one expect Chess to be as simple as Dominoes or Tic-Tac-Toe?

2 hours ago, SavageVolug said:

Really? I'm playing FE4 right now, but as soon as I finish that I want to tackle FE5 so I'll be sure to put Pahn to use then. Hard as never been a deterrent for me when it concerns Strategy games, it's a turn based strategy game it's SUPPOSED to be hard. Does one expect Chess to be as simple as Dominoes or Tic-Tac-Toe?

True, strategy games are suppose to have challenge but I was talking more about the game being unkind to you such as the fatigue system, enemies being able to capture your units and some of the recruitment being a bit cryptic. Still, its a solid game nonetheless. Also keep in mind that to get Pahn, you need to access a certain Gaiden chapter otherwise you can't get him and you need two important units to get him so you can use atleast one of them.

Julian, oh boy, Julian. What isn't there to love about him? I mainly grew to like him due to his sarcasm Maki Hakoda's manga adaptation of Dark Dragon and the Blade of Light also he's one of my all time favorite characters in the series. He's also pretty romantic in the remakes of FE1 and FE3.