Predictions VS Spoilers

Original Alear

Maybe this fits better in the entertainment section, I'm not sure.

Do you think that if a prediction that, after being made, proves to be true and is persuasive prior to being true is ultimately functioning as a spoiler?

Thinking about this in context of Trails 3rd and the identity of the main villain and more importantly a prediction made related to a potential "why" for that villain's motivations. But I'd be interested in more general thoughts of course.

It usually only happens when their are pretty strong hints to the direction

I think one recent example of this is for Samurai Jack Season 4

A lot of people kind of guessed that the romance was going to end that way due to familiarly with time travel logic in other stories.

I guess you could call it a spoiler? I mean they only made the prediction due to picking up strong hints. I see it as more of an invitation to revisit the material so you can see if the first episodes had the things that justify the prediction.

I'm guessing you made this thread in response to the Game of Thrones thing? I would say that was never a spoiler.

And with things like the SAW franchise or Boba Fett in Star wars - I don't think anyone can blame the people making wild theories and predictions for "spoilers" when it is obvious  that the actual writer's ended  up lifting the theories/etc and making them official. 

Good posts from both of you IMO. Thanks.

I'm guessing you made this thread in response to the Game of Thrones thing? I would say that was never a spoiler.

No, actually a JRPG with a demographic (probably) substantially smaller fanbase than GoT.

That reminds me of the situation for the big RD spoiler regarding BK and how there was a theory that ended up correct. IIRC, SF still has the original theory of the Black Knight's identity before Radiant Dawn came out, it's somewhere on the home pages. Although, that theory went way in depth into the evidence and observations so I don't know if that would relate to what you're talking about.

As for The 3rd, I haven't finished it yet but I'm getting an idea of who the antagonist might be. I'm sure people who already know the truth would base it as a spoiler simply for making the correct conclusion, but I feel that as long as someone else who finished the game doesn't confirm the validity of the prediction, then it should not be considered a spoiler.