Golden days of gaming...

lordnergal

I got into video games with an atari 2600 at about age 9 or 10. I wasn't allowed to go out much so spent most of my childhood playing Asteroids and Enduro racer to stay entertained.

Then when I was 12 I was given the original 8-bit gameboy which I was practically glued to. My favorite games were Supermarioland, Tetris and an obscure Jap game called "Boomer's Adventure in Asmik World" which was about a pink dinosaur. To this day I still love that game :)

I missed out on the Snes and PSX generations of gaming, but friends would let me play on theirs' sometimes. Or I'd go into the arcades (anybody still go to those places?). I did some catching up when I discovered the joys of emulation, however.

Recently I acquired a used Gamecube with a controller that looks like a rottweiler mistook it for a toy (read: beat up). I purchased it for the sole reason of playing FE. But I also acquired RE4, Viewtiful Joe and waiting on RE:Remake which I'm told is worth playing...

But that's it, pretty much. My 3 gaming machines, were an atari 2600, gameboy and a gamecube :)...

I was stuck with GameBoys (I have the original, the Color, the Advanced, and the SP) until I got the original Playstation. I was fairly young at the time, so I stuck with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro primarily. I got a Playstation 2 for Christmas after a while and kept playing that for quite a many years. I got a DS Lite when it came out, though my younger brother had had a DS for a while, and then I eventually got a Wii.

My first console was the NES (I was three when I started playing it). I got a good amount of gaming from it, but got a ton more from the SNES with all kinds of games (Super Metroid, various Mario games, Zelda: A Link to the Past, and numerous others).

nes I was about three years old and can't remember much about it.

Snes a great one. Loved to play Super mario world and dkc

Then sega played sonic tmnt, alddin, a game with characters much like the looney tunes

Ps1 great games too played them in a friend house.

N64 payed more attention to this than ps1, I was introduced to great games.

Gamecube-- Fe, paper mario, pokemon DX, need i say more?

Wii-- great console-- Fe, Super mario galaxy, mario kart :), SSBB

Also some minor game boy games and part of all pokemon gmaeboy games.

Edited by Richter Abend

I used to watch my friend play games on his SNES (the only game I remember watching is Earthworm Jim but there were a couple of others), and then I played some games with him when he got a Nintendo 64. I wasn't allowed to have my own console, but I was able to get a Game Boy Color woth Pokemon Yellow for Christmas by begging madly. My mother eventually let me get a GameCube provided I pay for it (this was when I was twelve I think). At about that same time I started to get my father interested in StarCraft (a game he let me buy probably because it was cheap). Playing games became perfectly acceptable in both households after that.

I dumped a lot of time into Pokemon Yellow (and subsequently the other generation one and two Pokemon games) and StarCraft when I was a kid because I didn't have many other games. I still play both games, they have a very strong and personal nostalgic pull.

Super NES, playing TLOZ: A link to the past.

The very first Zelda game I have ever played, let alone the very first video game I have ever played just happened to be arguably one of the very best. I'm just better at it now than I was when I was five years old.

Edited by Little Al

everything began with MK64. I always ranted because i was always losing :)

then it was starfox 64, goldeneye 007 and star wars shadows of the empire.

i gotta say, i'm lucky to have played those games before so i can play them again in actual time.

I started with a Sega Genesis and a NES, mostly playing sonic, mario, and zelda. I eventually got a N64 (which blew my mind), and eventually a GCN, PS2, DS Lite, PSP, and Wii. I have to say N64 had the best games...Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Mario, star fox, all the racing games, and even Kirby was pretty good :lol: . plus there was smash bros. I had a lot of fun back then.

@Black Sun:

Did you play part 1 or 2 of shadows of the empire? I played 2, but never won it <_< . my brother did though.

I started with a Sega Genesis and a NES, mostly playing sonic, mario, and zelda. I eventually got a N64 (which blew my mind), and eventually a GCN, PS2, DS Lite, PSP, and Wii. I have to say N64 had the best games...Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Mario, star fox, all the racing games, and even Kirby was pretty good :lol: . plus there was smash bros. I had a lot of fun back then.

@Black Sun:

Did you play part 1 or 2 of shadows of the empire? I played 2, but never won it <_< . my brother did though.

part 1? part 2? what are you talking about?

before i was born my older brothers were playing the NES, so i grew up watching them play mario 1-3 and the zeldas. around two or three i started playing.

and sega never had anything on nintendo back in the day. the Super Nes was the golden age of video games. Link to the Past, Super Mario Mario, Final Fantasy 4&6, the first 2 Breath of Fire games, Contra 3, Yoshi's first solo game, NBA Jam, the Actraiser games. Mario Paint!

The system is undeniable.

not to say other systems that have come since don't have good games (Mario 64 revolutionized 3d). But let's be serious, nintendo doesn't release as many quality and hit games as they once did. it's sad, we probably see another Zelda or Mario game for at least three to four years. Good games, for any system actually, just don't come out so often any more.

I cant quite remember when I got into video games because it was so long ago. I guess I could say that a few friends has the old school NES and I liked it. My first system was the SNES and it continued from there

Started with SNES. I was awesome at Killer Instinct, Super Mario World, and Mario Kart. Then I got All-Stars, which was a collection of EVERY Mario platformer released before then, which was awesome.