having to download 800MB every time i boot up the app

marrluxia

EDIT: i believe i got it to work, it seems fine so far

i synced my iphone up to itunes on my PC & backed up my phone. unsure if backing it up had anything to do with it, but logging it into itunes and syncing the wifi from the settings seemed to work! idk how this would work on an android if anyone was having that problem

EDIT 2: never mind :) :) :) :) :)))

hi there! im new to this forum and i couldnt find an answer to this anywhere else. i'm not sure what to tag this post as lol

every time i boot up the app after having it closed, it makes me download 800MB (so probably the entire game). its really frustrating to open it and have to wait 20 min before playing, when my phone never had problems with it bef

ore. i have had heroes since it came out in february, when my phone had 12GB of storage, and it ran fine. no problems at all.

im running an iphone SE with the newest ios and i have 16GB. ive only used 9.5GB of said storage so theres no reason why the storage should be a problem. i read that one of the problems is that you need 3GB of space for this game, but i have MORE than enough to be running it. i've tried everything: reinstalling, updating my phone, rebooting it, i even reduced my storage from 11GB to the 9.5 it is now. it does this to one of my other games that is similar to this, so it isn't just heroes. (final fantasy brave exvius) the app is not offloaded and i have not made any changes to the way my phone stores things. (i would ask apple support but theres something up with my account so i was curious if anyone here encountered the same problems)

from in my storage, ive monitored what it does when i have to download FE heroes. my storage says heroes only uses ~87MB and even when i download 800MB+ it doesn't seem to stick to my phone. the app is fine until i close out of it completely, then i have to redownload again. it's really frustrating and i can't find anything online to fix it. if it helps at all, my storage says the app size is 86.9MB and the documents&data is 643KB.

if anyone has any ideas as to what my damn phone is doing, please let me know! i have no other ideas and deleting things has not worked thus far.

Edited by marrluxia

I also run the game on an iPhone SE, but I keep skipping the version updates when I'm prompted about them specifically because I've heard some negative things. I'm currently running on iOS 11.0.3, and according to my phone, the latest version is 11.2.1, but I haven't had the phone (or any smart phone) long enough to know what would specifically cause that.

My storage says FEH takes up 86 MB (App Size 83.4 MB, Documents and Data 2.6 MB), how odd. It definitely sounds like this is specific to your phone.

im wondering if it is this new ios, im running 11.2.1 :/ it's just so strange that it does it to other games too, not just fe heroes

ill have to call apple support or smth, look around on the internet a bit more. it seems like no one else has encountered this error

The game is definitely over 1GB in size now. I don't use iOS, but it sounds like your phone simply doesn't store updated app data, for whatever reason.

Try poking around in the phone settings relating to downloads/updates, should such a thing exist on iOS.