Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be on at phase end.

17 hours ago, Werner Werman said:

The fact that Dr. Kahl is refusing to explain his logic tells me that he's either shooting his mouth off without putting much thought into his words (null) or can't state it because it would raise suspicion (scum).  At this point, I have no issues voting a null-to-scum slot.

I reexplained my logic in my reply to you.

Djimmi lynch is bad because people are voting him for lackluster content and it's like what the fuck gives you guys confidence in voting someone who made a few posts ED1 (which didn't bother me much honestly) and is so inactive that he had to get prodded (so everyone saying he's definitely lurkscum should probably reconsider their viewpoint).  Is this a counterwagon to Rumor? Is that's what's happening?  

Wally votes Djimmi despite having a stronger read on Rumor (IMO).  Also don't like how he's "I hope Rumor clears this up before posting" instead of posting a definitive read then and there.  Rest of the post doesn't bother me (too many townreads, though) but this actively makes me feel worse about the slot.

Cala is probably town for other reasons but I think considering her scumreads, her Djimmi one being the one she's voting makes sense to me.  Too much confidence in lurkscum Djimmi is the only thing that seems off to me.

Sally's vote is such a "me too" vote that it's not even funny.  "He posted less than I thought" Of course he did, he was only around for ED1.  Posted a lot more than you did in that timeframe.  "My first impression was that his Werner comment was good, but now I see that it could be him jumping onto the wagon w/an original vote" Amazing flip on the slot.

Also I realize I didn't comment on Rumor's latest posts but that's because it was more of the same.  There's a difference between being better at reading town and exclusively looking for townreads, which is what she's doing.  Also don't like that she didn't respond to either my or Captain's issues w/her; I don't think this is scummy (bad play, more like) but how am I supposed to improve my read on the slot if I don't get any responses?

Day 1.4 - Votals
Djimmi The Great (3): Wally Warbles, Sally Stageplay, Cala Maria
Werner Werman (2): Djimmi The Great, Grim Matchstick
Beppi the Clown (2): Hilda Berg, Baroness Von Bon Bon
Rumor Honeybottoms (2): Dr. Kahl, Captain Brineybeard
Cala Maria (1): Cagney Carnation
Captain Brineybeard (1): Rumor Honeybottoms
Grim Matchstick (1): Werner Werman
Hilda Berg (1): Beppi The Clown
Not Voting: None! 

You have ~6 hours and 15 minutes left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. For Day 1 only, the player with the most votes will be lynched (no hammer required).

Sort of here, mostly feeling like shit. Theoretically I should be around to check the game up until deadline, but I'm not going to be doing full detailed analyses or multiple rereads because reading certain people's posts is just making me angry. PEDIT: Dammit stop pinging me

We're six hours before phase end, and our wagons are basically Djimmi leading with three, and Werner, Rumor, and myself all tied for second wagon with two votes. What the hell is this. Of these four options, I'm happiest to lynch Djimmi. I'm just not really happy with his content, and lack thereof. They haven't returned after being prodded, and their ED1 stuff was lackluster even for ED1. Aside from their vote on Werner, I think pretty much everything else they said about players was noncommittal and "it can go either way". Not lynching Werner, I don't find him scummy anymore. I'm really don't have a problem with Rumor yet, so I don't feel as good about lynching them. And fuck lynching myself -- even if I want out of this game, it'd just be a phenomenally stupid idea.

Don't have an issue with the Captain. Their posts are reasonable and seem townish enough. Feeling a bit iffy on Matchstick, but that's mostly because they feel unmemorable and aside from their vote on Werner I couldn't tell you what they thought of anyone else. Wouldn't lynch Cala before several other people. I'd like to hear from Baroness before saying anything else about them, since I'd already stated my current thoughts on them. Naturally, since my vote is on Hilda, I'd like them lynched the most but I'm not sure I'll get any support on that. Sally's previous post made me realize I might have an idea who Hilda is. I'm trying not to let this get in the way of my opinions, since I could be wrong, but if they are who I think they are then I don't think their stubbornness is a town tell. It's non-alignment indicative, and could be coming from scum.

Will consolidate on Djimmi if the current wagons do not shift.

5 minutes ago, Beppi The Clown said:

Of these four options, I'm happiest to lynch Djimmi. I'm just not really happy with his content, and lack thereof. They haven't returned after being prodded, and their ED1 stuff was lackluster even for ED1. Aside from their vote on Werner, I think pretty much everything else they said about players was noncommittal and "it can go either way".

Why does lacking content after being prodded make him scum?  How was his content lacking?  Why would you expect him to be more committal during ED1?  Why are you okay with consolidating on a scum wagon?

1 minute ago, Dr. Kahl said:

Why does lacking content after being prodded make him scum?  How was his content lacking?  Why would you expect him to be more committal during ED1?  Why are you okay with consolidating on a scum wagon?

1. It doesn't necessarily make him scum, but it certainly doesn't make them look any better either.

2/3. "I think Captain Brineybeard hasn't done anything particularly alignment indicative yet. I could see town and scum voting Werner in that scenario."

"Dr. Kahl's elaborating on his BvBB vote is helpful for understanding his position, and the frustration in his post feels genuine though I'm not sure whether it makes more sense from town or scum."

"Agreed about Beppi's vote. Werner's leaving is a really weak argument, and there's really no way to prove it right or wrong since if Werner does give a reason for leaving it can be called fake." immediately followed by: "I feel like Beppi's explanation makes sense and explains why their Werner vote felt weird, so I'm feeling better about it now. I stand by my dislike of their logic about Werner leaving, but I feel like that wasn't as big of a part of their post as I initially thought it was." (Please note that the only post I made between these two was a whine post, and my explanation actually came before the first one.)

Even if it's ED1, I expect him to at least not conclude all of his non-Werner reads with "I can see it coming from both town and scum". At least say which one it feels like to you at the time, even if your only reason is gut.

4. Because all the other options suck and I can't even volunteer myself for the lynch

hey everyone I'm at work and I might not be here for phase end. I also haven't caught up to the thread yet but why exactly do people think Cala is town? I saw like two or three people say so but not explain why.

I'll consolidate on Djimmi but I'm still kind of confused I guess. I was gonna come back in with a bigger case but I haven't had time.

also @ Werner literally what am I supposed to do there's not much else I had to comment on before I left. you guys focus too much on "they aren't memorable so they must be scum" which I realize makes me a hypocrite considering what I voted Grim for but do any of you really genuinely think I'm lurkscum.

@Beppi The Clown Fair enough on those being lazy reads, still seems like a shit reason to lynch him D1.  I dunno, I'm just frustrated at this wagon because it built up in the last 15 hours (no one stated any issues with Djimmi previously other than Captain saying he might be lurking which obviously isn't the case regardless of alignment), everyones' reasons for voting and being okay w/consolidating on it are bad, and it's going to provide like no associative reads because fuck if Djimmi did anything.

5 minutes ago, Cagney Carnation said:

hey everyone I'm at work and I might not be here for phase end. I also haven't caught up to the thread yet but why exactly do people think Cala is town? I saw like two or three people say so but not explain why.

Mostly tone (e.g. her Grimm vote, her response to you) and none of the cases they're pushing really bother me.

I mean, I don't necessarily disagree with you that Djimmi's lynch is going to give no associative reads and it's not the best option. But I'm not lynching the other leading wagons, and it doesn't seem like anyone has an interest in changing the wagon either.

Kahl, your vote is on Rumor. If they're the one you'd rather lynch on D1, then convince me. Why is Rumor a better lynch than Djimmi?

2 minutes ago, Beppi The Clown said:

Kahl, your vote is on Rumor. If they're the one you'd rather lynch on D1, then convince me. Why is Rumor a better lynch than Djimmi?

They've made several long posts into the day where they've spent more time townreading than scumreading.  This is being blatantly unproductive and yet no one is bothered by it which is ????.  People are complaining about Djimmi not having definite opinions on people but having a bunch of townreads and like no scumreads (their vote is their RVS vote still, how does this ping no one else) that late into the day is like 5,000x worse.

45 minutes ago, Dr. Kahl said:

If you had to lynch one of the wagons today, who would you lynch and why?

Assuming Beppi counts as a bandwagon, Beppi. I've said my reasoning. I feel like most people are putting words in my mouth, but I personally feel like he was getting way too worked up over something way too little. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Kahl said:

They've made several long posts into the day where they've spent more time townreading than scumreading.  This is being blatantly unproductive and yet no one is bothered by it which is ????.  People are complaining about Djimmi not having definite opinions on people but having a bunch of townreads and like no scumreads (their vote is their RVS vote still, how does this ping no one else) that late into the day is like 5,000x worse.

Wait ... really?

Okay, give me a bit to reread Rumor seriously.