Cuphead In: Don't Deal With the Mafia (Game Over)

Aizen

On 2/4/2018 at 12:14 AM, Captain Brineybeard said:

when you say you want to ignore the gut feeling- is it one of those gut feelings where you don't know what's causing it so you don't want to pay attention to it, or is it one of those where you know what's causing it but it's stupid so you want to ignore it?

I know what's causing it and I feel it's stupid so I should ignore it because it isn't alignment indicative.

On 2/4/2018 at 12:24 AM, Captain Brineybeard said:

idk I don't really agree with the Matchstick case. the kahl vote was pretty original, not sure why you're being so grudging about it. plus there were only like 10 non-RVS posts by the time of his last post so it's not like there was that much to be revolutionary about. also come on lol if we had to go for a few hours he had to go, saying it's him "pre-emptively shutting the door for a Kahl rebuttal" is dumb.

Who do you think is scum Rumor?

I agree with Captain about Matchstick's early vote and I actually really liked his first vote on Kahl.

Him vanishing for a bit is whatever I've seen him on at times and posting when there hasn't been much going on.  I don't really scum read Matchstick though and one of his posts that I didn't quote sounded like frustrated townie to me.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:55 PM, Hilda Berg said:

Well, sorry about my OMGUS vote then, if you can count it as such. I really just voted on him because I could, honestly. And to be honest, I think i'm going to keep it where it is, for now. My main reason is that I don't think anyone looks overly scummy thus far.

This is basically just newbie town not doing anything but yeah please no more Beast 2.0

On 2/4/2018 at 1:59 PM, Beppi The Clown said:

##Vote: Hilda Berg

Really? This is such a lazy reasoning. If you're going to say you don't think anyone looks overly scummy so far, then at least state why you find me scummy or any thoughts that do stick out. Reads like lazy parking of RVS because that person's getting a bit of heat and they don't want to actually make a proper read.

This was a really quick jump on Hilda and I massively dislike it, however it means little because of what happens later.  The Hilda/Beppi bickering read to me as town/town.

19 hours ago, Beppi The Clown said:

Reading through the thread again. Some things that I'm noticing now that I didn't yesterday:
- Baroness really does seem nitpick more than I remembered. I may have mentioned this briefly, but their asking Djimmi about Captain's vote and how they're voting the same person (and then getting me involved by saying my vote was similar to Djimmi's, what do I think about him) and overall just semantics stuff makes me feel like they're focusing too much on things that don't matter and it's distracting. Maybe trying to make too big of a deal out of something that may be nothing. Right now, I'd say that I feel slightly worse about them than I did before.

Apologies like I said, I was very out of it that night.  I was just trying to get personal reads on people based on their reaction/responses. That was all.

15 hours ago, Cagney Carnation said:

I admit my Grim vote kinda sucked but there was nothing else I was feeling at the time, game is moving slowly and as I said before the more prominent players aren't reading scum to me so the next best thing was voting somebody I thought was under the radar.

I actually thought the Grim vote was fine, I could understand the reasoning and logic behind it, I did disagree with it because I'm not really scum reading Grim but I don't think your vote was bad.  Why do you say your Grim vote was bad now?

14 hours ago, Werner Werman said:

Lastly, if you guys really need a lynch target, I'll volunteer on the basis that I'm disposable, and I think I've raised enough hell for associative reads.  I'd rather not have a turbo on the doc or something.

This is WIFOM but personally I like it and because of it would rather not lynch Werner.

14 hours ago, Beppi The Clown said:

Oh, right, I was also going to comment on Baroness, who seems to have disappeared. Considering there was something I wanted them to answer, and a reread made me less okay with them, this doesn't sit well with me.

Just because I dissapeared doesn't mean you can't comment.  Especially if you have something for me to answer.  Ping me or quote me so I can respond when I get back, I just did a reread of the thread and didn't see any specific sort of question or comment outside of what I already quoted so I was unable to answer whatever it is you wanted to ask.  You shouldn't be holding back thoughts I feel especially if it's questions or things to do with scum-hunting.  Not saying them only stifles conversation and information and also makes it look like you are just blowing out hot air.

So what did you want to ask?

2 hours ago, Dr. Kahl said:

Should be on at phase end.

I reexplained my logic in my reply to you.

Djimmi lynch is bad because people are voting him for lackluster content and it's like what the fuck gives you guys confidence in voting someone who made a few posts ED1 (which didn't bother me much honestly) and is so inactive that he had to get prodded (so everyone saying he's definitely lurkscum should probably reconsider their viewpoint).  Is this a counterwagon to Rumor? Is that's what's happening?  

I actually kind of agree that the Djimmi lynch is bad to an extent, but that's solely because they haven't been around.  Realistically that's null.  Also from my current position I feel that I'll end up being swayed to vote Djimmi.

Cala randomly made a list post of reads which really stood out to me and I think it's very weird.  This along with Cagney's earlier insistence on the slot makes me want to reread it.

I don't want to lynch Werner or Beppi on the current wagon, which leaves Djimmi at 4 and Rumor at 2.  I don't quite know what people have been reading Rumor as scum but I've been extremely null on Rumor.  I don't have any sort of strong read on him from what I've seen.  I am gonna go do a reread of Djimmi, Rumor, Kahl and Cala after this post and see if I can get a stronger thought on Rumor and Cala.

So before I do my reread I would be at Djimmi > Cala > Rumor.  I currently have more town reads than scum reads and that's frustrating for me, mainly because the people I was previously scum reading became town reads(Insert Beppi, Hilda, Werner.)

##Unvote:

Not revoting yet because I don't want to get Djimmi hammered yet and that's the top of the list as of this post.

Preview edit: If rumor is voting RVS target still then that probably raises Rumor above Cala in lynch priority until I do my reread of stuff.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Kahl, I think I see what you mean about Rumor -- most of their early quote wall didn't really have a lot of scum hunting, it seems like they commented a lot on stuff that had happened but aside from saying it was town didn't really say who they thought was scum. From what I can tell, their main suspect is Matchstick, but it is weird they didn't vote for Matchstick either. Kind of reads a bit ... not lazy, per say, but not as motivated, I guess? Both Rumor and Cagney came in together so I think I read them as a unit, not as two individual players, so my being okay with Cagney kind of extended to Rumor.

I suppose I wouldn't have a problem lynching Rumor either, although I'm not 100% sure I'd still lynch them over Djimmi. Let me mull on that a bit longer. I'd like anyone who's here right now to say who they'd prefer to lynch between Rumor and Djimmi. Let's at least agree we're not lynching Werner today, and I'd rather not be lynched today either. That's one tradition that can fuck off.

3 minutes ago, Baroness Von Bon Bon said:

Just because I dissapeared doesn't mean you can't comment.  Especially if you have something for me to answer.  Ping me or quote me so I can respond when I get back, I just did a reread of the thread and didn't see any specific sort of question or comment outside of what I already quoted so I was unable to answer whatever it is you wanted to ask.  You shouldn't be holding back thoughts I feel especially if it's questions or things to do with scum-hunting.  Not saying them only stifles conversation and information and also makes it look like you are just blowing out hot air.

So what did you want to ask?

You already answered it in that wall post.

busy right now I've briefly skimmed stuff but I'll be around for phase deadlines

djimmi is a potential lurkscum candidate but I'd rather not lynch someone who hasn't posted in so long. i just don't have any confidence in it

56 minutes ago, Dr. Kahl said:

Everyone should reread @Rumor Honeybottoms and explain why this is not a scum slot honestly or vote her w/me.

I commented on them not voting a few times. What's stopping me from voting them is... would scum really be this obvious in avoiding scumhunting? Like, why mention your biggest scumread without voting them? It's weird, but what is the scum intend in it? I also feel like talking about a lot of townreads brings your suspect list down quite a lot, which makes causing misslynches a lot harder later on. Don't know, I feel like what they're doing isn't worse then Djimmy jumping on the Werner wagon and making sure to keep every other option open as much as possible.

Maybe I'm just giving scum!Rumor too much credit though...

Day 1.5 - Votals
Djimmi The Great (4): Wally Warbles, Sally Stageplay, Cala Maria, Cagney Carnation
Werner Werman (2): Djimmi The Great, Grim Matchstick
Rumor Honeybottoms (2): Dr. Kahl, Captain Brineybeard
Beppi the Clown (1): Hilda Berg
Captain Brineybeard (1): Rumor Honeybottoms
Grim Matchstick (1): Werner Werman
Hilda Berg (1): Beppi The Clown
Not Voting (1): Baroness Von Bon Bon

You have 2 hours and 45 minutes left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. For Day 1 only, the player with the most votes will be lynched (no hammer required).

Is it even reasonable to swing a vote only anyone else besides Djimmi at this point? If I switch my vote, that'll put five on Djimmi, and we'll still need at least two more votes on him. Who is even here now?

@Baroness Von Bon Bon What is wrong w/Calamari's reads?  What do you think about my issues w/Rumor?

36 minutes ago, Sally Stageplay said:

I commented on them not voting a few times. What's stopping me from voting them is... would scum really be this obvious in avoiding scumhunting? Like, why mention your biggest scumread without voting them? It's weird, but what is the scum intend in it? I also feel like talking about a lot of townreads brings your suspect list down quite a lot, which makes causing misslynches a lot harder later on. Don't know, I feel like what they're doing isn't worse then Djimmy jumping on the Werner wagon and making sure to keep every other option open as much as possible.

Maybe I'm just giving scum!Rumor too much credit though...

Yes.  I wouldn't consider it obvious anyways considering barely anyone has called her out for it.  Townreads are easy to backtrack on, I do it all of the time as scum.  Djimmi keeping options open isn't worse because it happened during ED1 and I doubt that action had as much scum intent as people are ascribing to it.

5 minutes ago, Beppi The Clown said:

Is it even reasonable to swing a vote only anyone else besides Djimmi at this point? If I switch my vote, that'll put five on Djimmi, and we'll still need at least two more votes on him. Who is even here now?

Yes because of no hammer rules.

Just now, Rumor Honeybottoms said:

@beppi/kahl gun to your head would you go werner or djimmi and why

for the sake of this scenario assume i don't exist or something

I've already said I'm not interested in lynching Werner at all and I'd be fine lynching Djimmi.

well that was easy enough

i'm not 100% sold on the lurkscum argument but i've also been burned by this kind of player before (i have the tendency to give them too much benefit of the doubt)

i know hammer isn't required d1 but is it enabled?

because if it is i kinda don't wanna vote just to make sure we have as much time as possible

1 minute ago, Cagney Carnation said:

hold on let me redo that

what is up with everyone being super aggressive this game by the way. it's been kinda hard reading posts I can't reallyget through the emotion sometimes.

I'm an asshole.

I'm not really mad at specific people though, just this situation, because I feel like I fucked up big time by allowing this lynch to happen.