Heroes' Success's Impact on Main Series Development

Landjager

Heroes' Success's Impact on Main Series Development  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Has the Success of "Heroes" Slowed Mainline Development?

• Yes; Nintendo/IS realized gacha games are the real breadwinners, so they are focusing on Heroes.
    • No; Nintendo recognizes FE as a major series now and has diverted enough funds to continue development of both at the same pace.
    • No; Nintendo/IS has always intended and still intends for Heroes to just be a spin off for fans to play in between main series releases. If anything, Heroes' development will slow.

21 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Pretty late with the first part buddy that's old news and wasn't even referring to you at all I don't want to go down that road again....

And yes it will slow down its inevitable they'll have enough money for things for the future games.

Oh I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. That just came after my response so I assumed it was meant for me.

Well they did said they like to try new things with Heroes stuff for new games don't know what maybe blade tomes, blessings, assault challenges, cooldowns, sp? not sure what else since most stuff added is already an established mechanics like Summoner Supports, Ally Supports, weapon refinements(forging), Skills, WT even small things like the Tap is a small skinship reference.

Maybe an arena mode of some kind? I actually meant more along the lines of Fates My Castle and Echoes dungeons when I said gameplay features, but now you have me thinking. They can also take some cues from Advance Wars (but it might be better if they just make a new game in that series first).

I do think its gonna slow down as well its inevitable no question at least it shows Fire Emblem even though still to many niche(for some reason yeah I don't get it.....) still gotten a big push than it already did since Awakening as a major IP. Especially if Mario Kart Tour is a massive hit especially with Mario's obvious big name which I believe it will if they do the marketing, gameplay and gacha aspect right.

I just think SRPG's in general are a pretty niche genre. For Fire Emblem to really gain a big boost, I think, it would need a lot more regular RPG features to be added to incentivize more of that crowd to jump on board. Doing so might erode the strategy portions more and more though. Once someone is into FE though it seems to stick around for a couple games if the transition from Awakening's number to Fates is any indication (Echoes is a remake so doesn't count).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With FEH's success, I feel that it would impact the main series development positively.  Many people(including myself) have gone into FEH playing a minimal amount of Fire Emblem games.  If anything, players are waiting in anticipation for the new Fire Emblem game.

Isn't the development team of FEH and the main series different anyway?  

I think not. If anything, Heroes depends on the other games for characters.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:27 PM, Anacybele said:

Nintendo themselves said FE is a major IP for them now, so the second option is the only one that's accurate here.

I hope that Reinhardt's crazy skyrocket in popularity will encourage IS to remake FE4 and FE5. He only appears in FE5, but you can't really have FE5 without FE4.

I am REALLY worried about IS remaking the Jugdral games - both of them have a lot of stuff that needs polishing. And I think the minimalist approach they've taken thus far will do nothing but disappoint here.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

5 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I am REALLY worried about IS remaking the Jugdral games - both of them have a lot of stuff that needs polishing. And I think the minimalist approach they've taken thus far will do nothing but disappoint here.

Yeah, I do agree that IS is being a little too loyal with these remakes.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I do agree that IS is being a little too loyal with these remakes.

Yeah - look,where it got Shadow Dragon. That game alone has everything to do with my refusal to trust IS with remakes of FE games. Anyway, I would say that the real problem here is that the fan base is split over the Jugdral games, more so Genealogy.

20 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Yeah - look,where it got Shadow Dragon. That game alone has everything to do with my refusal to trust IS with remakes of FE games. Anyway, I would say that the real problem here is that the fan base is split over the Jugdral games, more so Genealogy.

Really? As far as I could tell, I thought most people here liked Genealogy.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? As far as I could tell, I thought most people here liked Genealogy.

At the same time, those who dislike it tend to be rather vocal about it (this can also apply to Radiant Dawn and Awakening). So we have a love it or hate it game, with no apparent middle ground... and from what I've gathered, you have some people who want it to stay the same, and the other side wants it to be changed so they can actually play it. There's no way for both sides to win...

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

At the same time, those who dislike it tend to be rather vocal about it (this can also apply to Radiant Dawn and Awakening). So we have a love it or hate it game, with no apparent middle ground... and from what I've gathered, you have some people who want it to stay the same, and the other side wants it to be changed so they can actually play it. There's no way for both sides to win...

Well, you're never going to please everyone.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, you're never going to please everyone.

And that's the crux of what I've been saying. No matter what it does, IS will lose.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

24 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Hence why they focus on how to please the majority.

And that's what I'm worried about - especially with the minimalist approach they took with remakes thus far.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And that's what I'm worried about - especially with the minimalist approach they took with remakes thus far.

I feel Echoes was a very safe bet to make when working on the story and gameplay. They adjust the story, try to fill in some plotholes, and also try to make the same maps that Gaiden had. 

Now they saw how this turned out. If they work on it, they can possibly adjust new remakes to have better map designs, not be too loyal, and also adjust the story other ways.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Is that not the logical thing to do? If I'm wrong then alright.

I just thought you were saying that you knew for a fact that this was the way they were thinking, so I was curious as to how/why.

And I don't really think you're wrong, it's just difficult to know for sure when you look at something like FE Warriors, who went for the "please the majority" approach, and ended up not selling all that well.

I feel that Fire Emblem is still fairly weak in the name recognition department, and thus I don't know about trying to please an audience that might not be as interested as you'd think to begin with.

6 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I just thought you were saying that you knew for a fact that this was the way they were thinking, so I was curious as to how/why.

And I don't really think you're wrong, it's just difficult to know for sure when you look at something like FE Warriors, who went for the "please the majority" approach, and ended up not selling all that well.

I feel that Fire Emblem is still fairly weak in the name recognition department, and thus I don't know about trying to please an audience that might not be as interested as you'd think to begin with.

I just say what I feel is the most logical thing. 

Also, didn't FE Warriors sell better than the previous Dynasty Warriors games did? I wouldn't say that FE Warriors did poorly. Unless I missed something. 

You are correct there. FE still is only rising in the name department in the world. But it is starting to become noticed more. It won't ever be something like Pokemon. But you know, if they keep handling things well enough, I think FE can become a very popular series that will get a big name.

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Also, didn't FE Warriors sell better than the previous Dynasty Warriors games did? I wouldn't say that FE Warriors did poorly. Unless I missed something.

I'm of the opinion that it could have sold considerably more, but I suppose that's neither here nor there.

Edited by Cysx

13 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I'm of the opinion that it could have sold considerably more, but I suppose that's neither here nor there.

It all depends. If it sold better than previous Warriors games, that's actually good. If it made the number of copies needed to be sold, then that's also good. All that matters is whether the numbers meets the expectations at the very least.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

It all depends. If it sold better than previous Warriors games, that's actually good. If it made the number of copies needed to be sold, then that's also good. All that matters is whether the numbers meets the expectations at the very least.

I don't think the audience is quite the same though. Also, what Dynasty Warriors game are we talking about here?

Edited by Cysx

9 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I don't think the audience is quite the same though. Also, what Dynasty Warriors game are we talking about here?

The audience was already dissatisfied from the getgo by the roster itself. Not to mention that even the makers were upset too, since they too have their favorite series that they would have loved to be in it. But we were promised that if there were a sequel, more characters would pop up from other series. 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The audience was already dissatisfied from the getgo by the roster itself. Not to mention that even the makers were upset too, since they too have their favorite series that they would have loved to be in it. But we were promised that if there were a sequel, more characters would pop up from other series. 

Well yes, the roster was what I was talking about. Focusing your efforts on representing FE1-3(very popular in Japan), Awakening(very popular everwhere) and Fates(also very popular everywhere) would seem to make complete sense if your goal is to please the majority. As for the rest, have to say I'm not sure what you're getting at, as I'm not really trying to bash the game here.