Debate Challenges

Mekkah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Brom vs Soren (me) would be interesting under those conditions. I'd probably change infinite forging to no forges at all though.

Arguing an archer would also be fun if we tossed in crossbows, 1-3 range upon promotion and of course the buffed version of the double bow. Rolf vs Shinon maybe?

Then I'd say Brom vs. Soren is more interesting.

Though, with SS weapons, do you mean we use the SS weapons from RD? And the support-everyone-that-exists thing... How does that work? How many chapters until you can support someone?

Let's see... The S rank weapons would basically be silver Mt + 3 and have the bonuses they gave in RD. IE Rexflame would still give +3 spd, Urvan would give res +3, etc.

For supports... let's say it grows 1 level every 5 chapters? Tbh I don't mind dropping that condition for now and sticking with regular supports.

So then these would be the conditions, right?

-Removable skills

-Buyable killer weapons lategame.

-SS weapons that don't suck.

Sounds good to me.

I understand that I have debates going on (I'm pretty sure Camtech is ready to scream in my ear), but I did have some SD ideas:

- Gordon, Radd, and Nabarl are swapped into the Brute class. Gordon starts as a Hunter, Radd and Nabarl are Mercenaries.

- Radd w/boosted growths and bases vs. early-joining Est (dunno how this will work)

- Something vs. Zag / Wolf with their growths cut in half

Some might seem pretty dumb, but I thought the first one was kind of interesting (Gordon would have an lol80% HP growth backed by a 50% Def growth. WTF?)

Conditional debates? Now that's an idea. It sounds very interesting. I'm totally up for one (or more) of those.

(like auto-growing FE7 supports removes my second biggest gripe with the game, super slow support growth. (The first is terrible enemy stats after the early chapters.))

(I'm pretty sure Camtech is ready to scream in my ear)

Maybe, but I've taken longer than this (lol one month) to write a response. And if you want to do those debates, I'd be happy to. Especially the Gordin one :D

I'd like to defend Ralph or Dagda, but considering these character's availability and tier positions maybe it's a better idea if I take Marty instead.

I'm willing to debate Tanya vs Ralph if you like, they're in the same tier, and I think that tier list underrates Tanya. Tanya vs Marty is also fine if you think using Ralph won't be a challenge.

Edited by cheetah7071

It's not so much a challenge as it is arguing that Tanya is detrimental for over half the game. I prefer head to head debates rather than arguing using Tanya vs not using Tanya for most of it. So that's why I'd rather take Marty. Who opens?

I can debate with you if you want.

Don't worry, I'm a lot less aggressive and insulting when in a real debate.

here's the current list for easier reference...

Middle (15)

Mist

Marcia

Heather

Tauroneo

Brom

Muarim

Tanith

Skrimir

Caineghis

Giffca

Kieran

Geoffrey

Calill

Rhys

Soren

Lower Middle (11)

Lucia

Volke

Stefan

Tormod

Edward

Rolf

Leonardo

Nealuchi

Nasir

Makalov

Illyana

Low (13)

Vika

Sigrun

Danved

Bastian

Ena

Kurthnaga

Renning

Lehran

Gareth

Oliver

Pelleas

Kyza

Lethe

Bottom (5)

Sanaki

Meg

Astrid

Lyre

Fiona

I personally think Boyd should be in mid tier, and Mist/Heather/Cain/Giffca should be moved into upper mid.

Edited by smash fanatic

I don't think Brom vs Tanith will be very fair for the person supporting Tanith.

Lucia vs Kieran could be interesting, maybe.

A few other suggestions...

Volke vs Stefan

Boyd vs Brom vs Marcia (not all three at the same time, of course)

Anyway, I can open, whenever we decide on a matchup

Edited by smash fanatic

I'm sorry Reikken, but I'm leaving for Ireland on Satruday and I probably won't have internet access, meaning that I won't be able to counter any posts you make from now until a week on Tuesday.

So yeah, sorry about that.

@Tino: Sorry about the Soren vs Brom debate, I got really pre-occupied with other stuff. I'll try and open today or tomorrow.