• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Awesome!

... It's still missing UC Gundam for like, the fourth time now perhaps, who knows... :mellow:

Ah, not a big loss, already got used to it with by the time of W.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Awesome!

... It's still missing UC Gundam for like, the fourth time now perhaps, who knows... :mellow:

Ah, not a big loss, already got used to it with by the time of W.

It's actually fairly good they aren't using UC as it would get annoying everytime, made worse by the fact that it's comparatively ancient and there is like, 2-3 times the amount of good Mech shows since D. Now they just have to stop using SEEDlings to try and replace it, because that's not what people wanted. I'd rather have 00, Wing, and/or G.

It's a little disappointing Wing isn't featured though. Evangelion's series as well. Padding. is nice. At least throw something into it to keep this from being all SEED.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

It's actually fairly good they aren't using UC as it would get annoying everytime, made worse by the fact that it's comparatively ancient and there is like, 2-3 times the amount of good Mech shows since D. Now they just have to stop using SEEDlings to try and replace it, because that's not what people wanted. I'd rather have 00, Wing, and/or G.

It's a little disappointing Wing isn't featured though. Evangelion's series as well. Padding. is nice. At least throw something into it to keep this from being all SEED.

I'm not sure... it is one of the cornerstones of the series, removing it is like removing Mario or Link or someone else that important from SSB. That's why you have the likes of SEED appearing more lately, so the games can have their Gundams now that UC is not being included.

Yet, they still keep the Mazingers in every single game. Yeah, Mazinkaiser is something different, but they have done the same with Getter and they are still missing in J, K, and now L.

I'm not sure... it is one of the cornerstones of the series, removing it is like removing Mario or Link or someone else that important from SSB. That's why you have the likes of SEED appearing more lately, so the games can have their Gundams now that UC is not being included.

Yet, they still keep the Mazingers in every single game. Yeah, Mazinkaiser is something different, but they have done the same with Getter and they are still missing in J, K, and now L.

Mazinger probably should have missed some games by now.

As for comparing Mario and Link in the three Super Smash Brothers games to SRW and the 'staples' it has, it's one game of nearly a dozen stand alone titles, and most games are post Mazinger's story anyway.

*Checks for either Gurren Lagann, Gundam 00, Crossbone Gundam, and Macross Frontier*

Well, at least Frontier's there. Although I still don't understand why 00 hasn't made it in yet. Gurren Lagann I can understand. I just hope it can be well integrated like W, even though it'll most likely be recycled animation.

Mazinger probably should have missed some games by now.

As for comparing Mario and Link in the three Super Smash Brothers games to SRW and the 'staples' it has, it's one game of nearly a dozen stand alone titles, and most games are post Mazinger's story anyway.

No. At this point, Mazinger is the only series to be in every single game.

That's a problem in itself, actually. Having them post-story is practically having them appear for no reason at all than just for the cross-over. It could get away with it before in the old games, but it shouldn't be at this point. Take K for example. It's post Dr. Hell, but the Mikene didn't appear at all despite being what should happen next. It was just Mazinger Z and pals being there helping the other heroes after having dealt with their own problem in the backstory.

Mazinger Z is in every single game because he is the single most iconic Super Robot ever.

In other words, if it weren't for Mazinger, SRW wouldn't exist.

Mazinger Z is in every single game because he is the single most iconic Super Robot ever.

In other words, if it weren't for Mazinger, SRW wouldn't exist.

I knew Mazinger has been in every game. And I knew why.

It's one thing to know why. Another to say that's a definitive reason to include it.

A better answer, really, is that it 'doesn't hurt'. It plays no role in most games regardless. Using someone else that works would be nice.

And it's already confirmed that Mazinkaiser is post story in L.

Oh, and it would also be a bit different if they mixed it up a bit. Unfortunately, it's basically Mazinger Z+Grendizer or Mazin Kaiser with the occasional OVA in tow. they have a new Mazinkaizer OVA coming up that's different, but looking at the designs, I doubt they'd use it stand alone.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

Looks...epic. Can't wait for it's european release (I don't like to import).

btw, could anybody tell me which Gundam or Gundam-characters are in AC: R? That's the one for PS3, right?

Also, is there also a release date for AC?

Edited by Xiltas

Hey, I thought this would be a good place to ask this "Rather then starting a whole new topic." Can anybody tell me how the whole Super/Real Robot thing in Alpha works?

What mechs do you start with and what upgrades to the different characters get, depending on which type you choose?

Edited by Masked Hero ~ Kuro