My 13th Playthrough Topic (the damn team is set in stone so quit bitching)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah what about Volko....he promotes alittle later than Ike.

So? What does that have to do with anything? Having Volke on the time can actually help in the exp. spread, as Volke can get a lot through stealing.

I'M NOT USING ROLF SINCE I USE HIM EVERY DAMN PLAYTHROUGH!!!!!!!!!

You dont usually use Marcia? Why? She's good

Tanith and Rolf.

Tanith since she is just as good and Rolf for whoreing experience every playthrough.

I'll stick by dumping Rhys, since you said he's just filler.

Otherwise your team is a B, though I'm not sure why you don't regularly use Volke.

He's filler so I'm just using him incase I need to fill a spot.

I don't usually use Volke since I... well, I don't really know

Ike (Duh) - lol, yeah

Titania - Um... yeah she's pretty good...

Makalov - I've never used him cause I never had the space. =/ I can be sure when I say his sister ends up better

Brom - I try with Brom (and also don't usually have space), I'm sure that once he levels up he can get good.

Devdan - Devdan's pretty good for me

Tormod - omg he's such a pain for me xP idk how he ends up after you train him up

Marcia - She is kinda hard to level up a little, but it's definitely worth it. She is one of my best units

Shinnon - Ugh... he's terrible XD

Stefan - Yeah he's strong... just be careful to not have him hog up the exp

Mist - she's hard, but I'm okay with using her (though that's when I have Jill and/or Lethe with her)

Largo - He dies way too easily for me =/ He's good at crushing, but for me he also easily gets crushed.

Volke - yeah you'll be needing a theif/assassin and I'd say better than Sothe. Plus if you use him regularly, he should get better should he?

Boyd (Filler) - Boyd's great! Just need to be careful a bit sometimes.

Rhys (Filler) - Um... only light magic user in the game... yeah! Plus there's Nosferatu. I use him a lot and he's pretty okay for me

I'm not too late am I?

Well... there you go

I'm not too late am I?

Well... there you go

I'm on chapter 6 now.

So far Boyd has been dropped from the team since his first level he got nothing and it scared me.

Shinnon hasn't whored as bad as I thought and Ike is already Level 7.

So far Boyd has been dropped from the team since his first level he got nothing and it scared me.

I think you should train Boyd just a little longer. You don't get any of those people till later in the game. Marcia, Volke, & Brom you'll get soon but everyone else you won't get til you reach Begnion. Boyd has a lot more time to grow and he may end up surprising you.

I think you should train Boyd just a little longer. You don't get any of those people till later in the game. Marcia, Volke, & Brom you'll get soon but everyone else you won't get til you reach Begnion. Boyd has a lot more time to grow and he may end up surprising you.
He said he was only going to use Boyd as a filler character, so benching him early on really wouldn't hurt much.

But what if one of his later characters turns out bad? Its always nice to have a backup plus playing as Boyd wouldn't really hurt him much either. Ch. 9 he has Ike & Marcia (Mist for healing), Volke joins in ch. 10, Brom in 11, then he doesn't get anyone else till 14 (Makalov). If he wants to make Boyd a filler in case something bad happens, now's the best time to do it before he gains more characters that he's taking to endgame.

But what if one of his later characters turns out bad? Its always nice to have a backup plus playing as Boyd wouldn't really hurt him much either. Ch. 9 he has Ike & Marcia (Mist for healing), Volke joins in ch. 10, Brom in 11, then he doesn't get anyone else till 14 (Makalov). If he wants to make Boyd a filler in case something bad happens, now's the best time to do it before he gains more characters that he's taking to endgame.

He;s still filler, I just won't lean on him at as much as I thought.

No need for Geoffrey since Titania is kicking ass like Chuck Noris, Mordacai is going to be extra filler since I liek Laguz and he's the only one I haven't endgamed in the past.

Brom with Knight Ward is fricking amazeing.

Boyd is beast, I don't know why I didn't use him in the past.

Boyd is beast, I don't know why I didn't use him in the past.

Yeah, Boyd just destroys the whole map. He's my fave character cause if he has good speed, he'll one round most of the enemies and the rest will be dead on the enemy phase or next player phase. I always use him and he always turns out awesome for me in PoR and RD. Definately a force to be reckoned with.

I had talked to Neasala...

I had taken out all the untis...

I have the boss down to 20 HP

Ike goes in for the kill.

Ike misses.

Boss activates Adept and Wind sword criticle at the same time.

Ike get's raped.

This is the first time in my 13 Playthroughs of FE9 that Ike has died....

WHAT. THE. HELL!!!!

In other news, the Titania-Boyd-Mist support triangle is working out nicely.

Edited by Toa Lord Shade