Your "Challenges"

ZephyrD

I'm surprised so many people have trouble using stat boosters. Find someone that's low in a stat, and use it. Even if he or she'll will cap it already. +2 to a stat on a level 6/-- unit is way more important than using it on someone that's 20/20 just for a shiny green number.

It's not doing you any good in your inventory.

I'm surprised so many people have trouble using stat boosters. Find someone that's low in a stat, and use it. Even if he or she'll will cap it already. +2 to a stat on a level 6/-- unit is way more important than using it on someone that's 20/20 just for a shiny green number.

I totally agree, however, I find myself unable to do so anyway. I feel I need to be fair to every character or something, like "Well, if Bob gets a boost, why doesn't Joe get a boost? He's just as deserving." And I end up not using them until endgame, and only there if I don't forget.

I like Lyn better because she's got better potential and more strategic value with the additional use of bows, plus a guaranteed promotion.

While I disagree with the rest of the sentence, I'm just pointing out that the bolded part is simply incorrect. She has no such thing. Only Hector on Hector mode or Eliwood on Eliwood mode have that in that particular game.

also..

It is if you're ranking.

Edited by Reikken

Some people might love Guy with all their hearts because he can murder 10 enemy units on an enemy phase, but I'd suggest to people that's never use such a risky tactic because if 4 of them hit (which is fairly possible if they have hit chances at even 20%), he's a goner. I like Lyn better because she's got better potential and more strategic value with the additional use of bows, plus a guaranteed promotion.

But... Isn't Lyn less durable than Guy to begin with? I understand that this isn't the purpose of the post, but just pointing it out. But I've checked you guys out before. Thing is though, Guy being awesome is not based on luck, reloading, or anything.

Yeah, I don't consider any chance of dying above like a 0.5% chance to be safe at all. Less than 0.1% is preferred. Even that can be screwed, but meh.

That's when I'm debating/discussing units. When actually playing, I take slightly more risks than that.

10 guys with a 20% chance to hit, and 4 of them hitting resulting in death = 12.08% chance of death, so that's out of the question. Taking on only 5, though = 0.067%, so that's fine by me.

Edited by Reikken

While I disagree with the rest of the sentence, I'm just pointing out that the bolded part is simply incorrect. She has no such thing. Only Hector on Hector mode or Eliwood on Eliwood mode have that in that particular game.

also..

It is if you're ranking.

There are two heaven seals other than the forced promotion. I didn't say forced promotion. I said guaranteed promotion. You're going to get an item that only one other person can use to promote, and you get two of them. It's guaranteed that you'll be able to promote her. That's what I mean.

And it's only important if you're trying to "rank" funds.

Reven: Who gives a shit if Lyn is less durable than Guy? That implies Guy has durability that isn't in the gutter to begin with. Saying otherwise is a lie. His dodge isn't good enough without supports to be reliable (dodging isn't reliable to begin with), his defense STILL sucks. They had to give him a boost to stats on Hard Mode to make him a viable character, ffs.

Myrmidons and swordmasters are specialty fighters. They are at severe risk unless fighting low skill enemies that wield axes, in which case they utterly destroy said unit. There's always someone safer to attack spear people with and usually someone safer to attack other sword units with.

There are two heaven seals other than the forced promotion. I didn't say forced promotion. I said guaranteed promotion. You're going to get an item that only one other person can use to promote, and you get two of them. It's guaranteed that you'll be able to promote her. That's what I mean.

By that definition, everyone that can promote has a guaranteed promotion.

Edited by Reikken

Reven: Who gives a shit if Lyn is less durable than Guy? That implies Guy has durability that isn't in the gutter to begin with. Saying otherwise is a lie. His dodge isn't good enough without supports to be reliable (dodging isn't reliable to begin with), his defense STILL sucks. They had to give him a boost to stats on Hard Mode to make him a viable character, ffs.

Myrmidons and swordmasters are specialty fighters. They are at severe risk unless fighting low skill enemies that wield axes, in which case they utterly destroy said unit. There's always someone safer to attack spear people with and usually someone safer to attack other sword units with.

I was responding to you back when you said that you wouldn't use a unit like Guy because he might die, but you would use Lyn for some reason. Sorry if I misunderstood, but it seemed like you were implying Lyn would die less.

(dodging isn't reliable to begin with)

I disagree with this. Especially in FE7, enemies don't have the greatest hit %, and non-existant luck. Dodge is very reliable, especially during the later stages when enemies barely get any more hit%, but your Avoid goes through the roof. Of course DEF is more reliable, but not a lot of your units will be getting hit for zero by enemies. Avoid helps your durability, but increasing your chance of taking zero damage for a round is always great.

But not everyone will have a guaranteed promotion regardless of who else you decide to field.

There's always one for Lyn. At worst, she competes for promotion TIME with Eliwood or Hector, depending on the route.

Eh, I wouldn't say she competes for promotion time with either of the due to the common fact that Hector > Eliwood > Lyn, so in ranked runs both Hector and Eliwood get priority over Lyn even though she's hot stuff. However, near the end it shouldn't be TERRIBLY hard to S-Rank funds, so you can still use that one Heaven's seal to make achieving the S-Rank in EXP for Lyn easier.

Her promotion isn't guaranteed, but the thing is, you need to look a the PROs vs the CONs. In this case of promoting Lyn, it's balancing Funds with EXP.It's the same with Thieves, but Assassins are just terrible units and Fell contracts are worth so much.

Of course there are more factors to weigh in like Combat and Tactics, which you don't want to take more turns to baby Lyn, and you want to be one-rounding enemies more often for Combat.

*cough* sorry, I butted in -_-;...

Anyway as for challenges. Well I got Meg as my #1 ranked unit in FE10 normal mode... I gave up trying it on hard mode -_-;...

Edited by Rei