Questions about debates

Masu

Do they HAVE to be just limited to FE? Looking arround i've seen that most of us arent avid FE debaters, yet some are debaters in other games (Brawl,Tales,Soul Calibur etc) Like.........WHERE should we have non fe debates?

Do they HAVE to be just limited to FE? Looking arround i've seen that most of us arent avid FE debaters, yet some are debaters in other games (Brawl,Tales,Soul Calibur etc) Like.........WHERE should we have non fe debates?

General boards for non-game related debates, and the Other Games board for game related ones. I honestly see no point in debating over a game though...

Kind of unrelated but:

Personally I see no point to debating anymore really, as whenever one side is winning too much the topics get closed because someone will come in and troll, and instead of that one person being punished, the topic gets closed, which is exactly what they want. The objective of a debate is for one side to attempt to win over another side, and since that never happens it's almost pointless to try anymore.

Edited by Cynthia

As far as I am aware, it is perfectly acceptable to have debates about games not in the Fire Emblem series in the Other Games board. Debates are a valid form of discussion if they don't fall into argument or vendetta.

The objective of a debate is for one side to attempt to win over another side, and since that never happens it's almost pointless to try anymore.

Definitely not my objective. If I'm debating Tino about Dozla vs Ewan, my goal isn't to convince him Ewan is better, I just want to have the better arguments and have fun debating.

If I'm debating in a non-biased debate (i.e. I'm actually defending my own opinion, rather than a chosen character at all costs), then I am still just having a good time. If the person I'm debating sees what he's doing wrong, that's just a bonus. Convincing people over the internet hardly ever worked.

There are like, several active in General Discussion right now. ._.

I'm open to the idea of a general debate board, as it's a feature of many forums I've visited over the years...I just don't know if we have enough general debate activity to do it. I'd ask the leaders on high about it.

There are like, several active in General Discussion right now. ._.

I'm open to the idea of a general debate board, as it's a feature of many forums I've visited over the years...I just don't know if we have enough general debate activity to do it. I'd ask the leaders on high about it.

All the more reason to have them.

I'm going to use this for my own suggestion...

I think the debate should be a separate section, rather than a subsection. Now, I never bother looking in the General Fire Emblem section, 'cause I only see things about debates, generally, in the preview section of the board. As such, I never really see anything catch my eye anymore :/