Undisclosed of Serenes Forest!

Arcanite

THE UNDISCLOSED  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Why are you undisclosed?

• For personal/undisclosed reasons
    • To avoid stereotypes and generalizations based on my gender
    • I put it there but I dont actually hide my gender
    • Because I am a robot (or anything else like that)
  2. 2. Do you think this thread will get weird?

• No
    • No

1 minute ago, Nym said:

I hope none of you has the misfortute of playing Kh 358/2 days.

My first KH ever...

Why

Why is that of all games your first game LOL 

358 wasnt really that bad tbh... I remember the general gimmick in the game being different than most other KH games
But you'd probably be sort of lost... if you didnt play KH1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

maybe ur topics just suk

Im sorta confused about the story actually, I think I need to replay the whole series
AKA actually beat Birth By Sleep, Chain of Memories, and 358/2
siiiiiiiiiiigh
#WhereCanIGetTheTime

I can answer any questions that don't involve Unchained X

25 minutes ago, Nym said:

I hope none of you has the misfortute of playing Kh 358/2 days.

My first KH ever...

Could be worse. At least it wasn't Dream Drop. (If you're trying to get into the story, that is)

Re Coded being the only one I haven't done

Edited by Motendra

19 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Why

Why is that of all games your first game LOL 

358 wasnt really that bad tbh... I remember the general gimmick in the game being different than most other KH games
But you'd probably be sort of lost... if you didnt play KH1

One of my friends finished it and either gave it to me or sold it to me at a very low price (I know why now...)

I played Kh1 after this one, didn't finish it but I already prefered it over 358/2 days.

Many reasons why I hated this game:

• Very long tutoriel
  • The stupid panel mechanic, when you have to put EVERYTHING in them. Including fucking level-ups and items.
  • Limited magic because of panel mechanic
  • You have an ally in only a few missions and their ai sucks
  • The heal spells in this game are a mess. The first heal is the basic heal which is fine, then the second one is a tiny heal over time which is okay I guess... then the last one is a zone heal which is ABSOLUTELY terrible. Stand still against any boss, see what happens.
  • Most boss aren't fun to fight
  • Finding emblems is boring

Also I don't know why but for some reasons, my first game in most franchises aren't the usual that everybody played first like Ocarina of time for LOZ or Pokémon Red and Blue.

Mario Sunshine

Minish cap

Pokémon XD

358/2 days

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Edited by Nym

15 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I can answer any questions that don't involve Unchained X

Spoilers folks!

Spoiler

I made it all the way to the end of Terra's story Birth By Sleep, but never got to beat Master Xehanort that fight was ridiculous

Anyway, my friend basically tells me that, at the end, Terra contains Master Xehanort within himself
but before that, Xehanort removed the darkness from his own body, which became Ansem, which also simultaneously spawned Xemnas

Is this.... actually true? I remember the general rule being "when a heartless is made, a nobody is made" or something, but KH1 takes place years after Birth by sleep, which also means that the organization was practically being made from all that time ago? 

I never really actually took the time to sit down and think about all this stuff lol

8 minutes ago, Nym said:

• Very long tutoriel
  • The stupid panel mechanic, when you have to put EVERYTHING in them. Including fucking level-ups and items.
  • The heal spells in this game are a mess. The first heal is the basic heal which is fine, then the second one is a tiny heal over time which is okay I guess... then the last one is a zone heal which is ABSOLUTELY terrible. Stand still against any boss, see what happens.

You really should have played KH1 first LOL

The idea was to make it different... I kinda need to replay this myself cause it was so long ago and most of the mechanics escape my memory

15 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Could be worse. At least it wasn't Dream Drop.

Dream Drop was fire and you know it

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

You really should have played KH1 first LOL

I didn't have a PS3 at the time (always and still am a Nitendo kid).

What's more that was back in highschool, I don't know the names in English but this was my second year of highschool. That was also before they brought KH1 to PS3

Tbh they'll probably just pull the same thing they did in the first came, except it just brings roxas back rather than creating him this time 

also as far as the Disney thing goes, some of the games are pretty far removed from the characters outside of the settings (although this rarely rids you of Dolan and Gooby)

and DDD has twewy characters, for some reason?

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Disney aspect is a turnoff?

I'm childish when it comes to Disney. Turn it on any cartoon and I'll likely leave the room, barring occasions when I must bear it out of proper etiquette. I've "outgrown" Disney, and hence have no tolerance for such childish things. Even though my intolerance for Disney is in itself immature. And I also have a double standard, since I love Kirby. But a personal double standard of aesthetics isn't the worst thing to have.

42 minutes ago, Nym said:

• Very long tutoriel

From afar, reading about the game in Nintendo Power, it sounded sort of interesting, particularly with all the playable characters who used to be enemies in the older games. I guess I was wrong.

11 minutes ago, ChefGuevara said:

and DDD has twewy characters, for some reason?

Well Nomura produced it and Square both helped in the development and published it- even including a Tin Pin Ifrit and Shiva. The game was also released on the 3DS's predecessor, and maybe they wanted to tease TWEWY fans even though nothing of a sequel has come to light yet.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From afar, reading about the game in Nintendo Power, it sounded sort of interesting, particularly with all the playable characters who used to be enemies in the older games. I guess I was wrong.

You mean the Organisation XIII members? You actually only play Roxas in the main campaign, the other members are in in the Multiplayer mode along with others characters.

Edited by Nym

Just now, Pengaius said:

Umm... What's happening(I'm too lazy to read 9 pages of undisclosed weirdness)

Nothing is happening and nothing is weird

the other two threads are the disgraceful ones

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm childish when it comes to Disney. Turn it on any cartoon and I'll likely leave the room, barring occasions when I must bear it out of proper etiquette. I've "outgrown" Disney, and hence have no tolerance for such childish things. Even though my intolerance for Disney is in itself immature. And I also have a double standard, since I love Kirby. But a personal double standard of aesthetics isn't the worst thing to have.

Disgusting

I feel bad for you!

Spoilers folks!

Reveal hidden contents

I made it all the way to the end of Terra's story Birth By Sleep, but never got to beat Master Xehanort that fight was ridiculous

Anyway, my friend basically tells me that, at the end, Terra contains Master Xehanort within himself
but before that, Xehanort removed the darkness from his own body, which became Ansem, which also simultaneously spawned Xemnas

Is this.... actually true? I remember the general rule being "when a heartless is made, a nobody is made" or something, but KH1 takes place years after Birth by sleep, which also means that the organization was practically being made from all that time ago? 

I never really actually took the time to sit down and think about all this stuff lol

Spoiler

Are you talking strictly about Terra's story, or the final episode?

Xehanort didn't remove the darkness within him and never does. Rather, that he "unlocked" his own heart so that he can usurp Terra's body. In the final episode, after "Terranort" fights Aqua, he unlocks his heart again, this time, to completely block out Terra's heart and wrestle complete control of the body. Doing so causes him to lose all his memories, save for his name to later be found unconscious and taken in by Ansem the Wise as an apprentice.

It's not til later (after BBS, but before KH1) that Ansem SoD and Xemnas are a thing, though that was as a result of furthering his research of hearts, the heartless, etc., where he and the rest of Ansem's apprentices discarded their own hearts, becoming the founding members of Org XIII (though really it's more like Xehanort does it by force on the others after regaining his memories

Dream Drop was fire and you know it

It certainly would have been were it not for the Dream Eaters. It's the only real grievance I have with it, but its a major one for me

13 hours ago, Motendra said:

It certainly would have been were it not for the Dream Eaters. It's the only real grievance I have with it, but its a major one for me

What was wrong with the dream eaters? Did you not like the enemies?

Or do you mean the spirits? Cause I thought the spirits were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than donald and goofy LOL

13 hours ago, Motendra said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Are you talking strictly about Terra's story, or the final episode?

Xehanort didn't remove the darkness within him and never does. Rather, that he "unlocked" his own heart so that he can usurp Terra's body. In the final episode, after "Terranort" fights Aqua, he unlocks his heart again, this time, to completely block out Terra's heart and wrestle complete control of the body. Doing so causes him to lose all his memories, save for his name to later be found unconscious and taken in by Ansem the Wise as an apprentice.

It's not til later (after BBS, but before KH1) that Ansem SoD and Xemnas are a thing, though that was as a result of furthering his research of hearts, the heartless, etc., where he and the rest of Ansem's apprentices discarded their own hearts, becoming the founding members of Org XIII (though really it's more like Xehanort does it by force on the others after regaining his memories

Spoiler

Okay, that makes a lot more sense

There are a lot of things that I forgot, so when my friend explained it to me I was like "well this doesnt make any sense"
My friend only explained it to me because I am kind of lost with the story myself heh

Okay, another thing that was explained to me was that Ventus is currently sleeping from since the end of birth by sleep. And Roxas, Sora's nobody, looks like Ventus because they share the same light. Is that much true as well? 
I was also told that Vanitas looks like Sora for this same reason, and that they're essentially mix-matched

That much is true right? I actually had never thought too much about it myself

What was wrong with the dream eaters? Did you not like the enemies?

Or do you mean the spirits? Cause I thought the spirits were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than donald and goofy LOL

As enemies, they were kinda wonky in the 3DS version, due to the lack of hitstun they all seem to have. Apparently they fixed that in the PS4 version?

In battle, they're fine I suppose. But for each of them to have their own individual skill tree that locks away certain commands and abilities is a major problem; arguably worse than the randomness of melding commands in BBS.Then there's the idea of having to play and bond with them to further along said skill tree. It's too tedious 

Reveal hidden contents

Okay, that makes a lot more sense

There are a lot of things that I forgot, so when my friend explained it to me I was like "well this doesnt make any sense"
My friend only explained it to me because I am kind of lost with the story myself heh

Okay, another thing that was explained to me was that Ventus is currently sleeping from since the end of birth by sleep. And Roxas, Sora's nobody, looks like Ventus because they share the same light. Is that much true as well? 
I was also told that Vanitas looks like Sora for this same reason, and that they're essentially mix-matched

That much is true right? I actually had never thought too much about it myself

Spoiler

You're half-right but on the right track.

At the end of Ven's story, he destroys the X-blade from within himself, damaging his own heart in the process. Because Sora shares his light with Ven at the very beginning, his damaged heart was able to reach Sora's which he [Sora] then allowed Ven's damaged heart to rest within his body until it's ready to sustain itself again. Roxas looks like Ven because the leftover body of Sora that Roxas is still has Ven's heart. Because of his heart's presence, it influenced the way he looks, instead of otherwise looking just like Sora. The presence of Ven's heart is also the reason why he can dual wield.

As for Vanitas, that is correct. Note that prior to the sharing of light between Ven and Sora, Vanitas did not have a face, and was more or less like a shadow which is [probably] why he wears the mask