• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

The nickname of the fictional character that my mom named our (adorable and wholesome) dog after, plus my birthday in number form.

Why am I going to S-support Marianne this time around?

As far as jrpgs, the only one that I’ve enjoyed is Octopath Traveler, and if we expand beyond that the only ones I can think of having played are Undertale (good) and Pokémon (past it’s glory days, but boy are those days good). Defining rpgs is hard.

How would you define an rpg? Most games see you playing a role.

Edit: Oh the Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim is a fantastic game as well.

Edited by Sooks1016

I really enjoy a good open world game to sink my teeth into, even tho I always get as close to 100% completion as I can knowing that I won’t finish lmao. Narrative type games with lots of choice in the story, like CYOA kinda. are a guilty pleasure because I know most of them are seen as barely games for a unique “gameplay”. Oh well.

Why can Hanneman marry a 24 year old? (Edelgard)

Edited by Sooks1016

Because he mixed himself up with Faye, who has standard growths for Berwick. Which means 9% defense growth.

Why does fighter Lysithea still have 22 magic?

Edited by Benice

Because balanced growths really do be like dat sometimes.

Where have all the good men gone, and where are all the gods? Where's the streetwise Hercules to find the fight in us?

Czene, from...Well, you have one guess. She's the first thief you get and is quite a good character. #Czenoch is real!

Why do I like Czene even though she gets cursed at every turn for me?

Edited by Benice

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Because you like using bad units.

Actually, she's not that* bad. She's a utility unit through and through, but is very good at what she does. (Well, mug is unreliable, but her godlike promotion makes her decent.)

Also, 9 movement thief is nice.

Who knows?

Will Twilit play Berwick now that he's enthralled by the adorable Czene?

Cwm4xjs3 oPfyzxptq o
Edited by Benice

I dunno. I don't usually pay attention the more specific stat details like that. I focus on basic stats and hit rates, and that's about it.

What problems do you have with FE7 other than the obvious ones like Battle Before Dawn being janky and Lyn Mode being one long tutorial?

The map design being overall not that great-The early/midgame is fine, nothing special, but enjoyable. After the Dread Isle, everything falls off a cliff-Arcadia, Four-Fanged offense, Cog of destiny, Battle Before dawn, Victory or Death, Pale flower of Darkness, The meaning of life and Genesis are all weak to very weak as maps-I also prefer a quality over quantity philosophy when it comes to difficulty, which is something that FE7 isn't too fond of. It is more polished than FE6 and made some good QoL changes, but polish alone does not a game make. At least not in my opinion. My problem with BBD isn't really the jankiness, it's the fact that Jaffar and Nino both have very high chances to die before you can do anything about it-I don't mind having to save Zephiel from enemies you can't see, since you prolly should rush there anyways, though. Story CAN save a game for me, (sorta Three Houses-I am enjoying it to some extent even though the map design isn't good,) but FE7's just isn't strong enough to do so.

Now, Cog of Destiny? That's jank unlike any jank I've ever seen. Just...Just don't do it on HHM, okay? I don't want to see you suffer... At least... not that much...

That is the reason I love Berwick-Even though it doesn't always run at a high speed, both the plot and gameplay are the finest I've ever seen in a strategy game-The speed barely bothers me. PoR sorta failed to hook me and is very easy, which is why I've not enjoyed it. (Granted, it's partially 'cause I already knew the plot whereas I am blind in Berwick.)

Will Mia end up being any good for me in PoR?

Edited by Benice