Mount colors

Corrobin

Something I've noticed when re-playing the mainline games a bit is how, well, horse, Pegasi and Wyverns tend to be kind of uniform in color.

I mean, I've never seen a brown or black Pegasi in a Fire Emblem game. Wyverns tend to be either black or green, and horses are a bit more varied, but they're still usually either brown or black.

I can agree with you on this one, but I believe it's to differentiate certain units from each other, as well as keep things consistent between games.

However, I want to mention that in the Overclass DLC for Echoes, the Pegasi for Harriers become black with orange flarings. And then there's Oscar's horse, who is orange... ish.

I'd assume pegasi can be any color a horse can be. And wyverns can be any color you want.

My pegasus knight OC Eloin rides a brown male pegasus named Chestnut, and then wyvern rider twins Cerai and Leo ride an orange female named Blaze and a white male named Frostbite respectively.

Also, the dark flier pegasi are black.

Edited by Dragoncat

8 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

My memory isn't the best, so thank you for reminding me of that.

I had to look up what the colors of the Harrier's pegasi and Oscar's horse were to make sure I wasn't saying something dumb. So hooray for faulty memory

9 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Something I've noticed when re-playing the mainline games a bit is how, well, horse, Pegasi and Wyverns tend to be kind of uniform in color.

I mean, I've never seen a brown or black Pegasi in a Fire Emblem game. Wyverns tend to be either black or green, and horses are a bit more varied, but they're still usually either brown or black.

We've seen plenty of red and purple wyverns.

Pegasi are almost universally some shade of white, the most I've seen is the gold pegasi of the disciples of order.

15 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

We've seen plenty of red and purple wyverns.

Pegasi are almost universally some shade of white, the most I've seen is the gold pegasi of the disciples of order.

Fair enough, but I've seen brown and black Pegasi in some fan hacks and I wish that they could be like that in a real FE games.

And blue, white or white wyverns would be awesome.

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Fair enough, but I've seen brown and black Pegasi in some fan hacks and I wish that they could be like that in a real FE games.

And blue, white or white wyverns would be awesome.

I definitely remember white or at least pale grey wyverns in PoR and one other game, I'll look for a screen later. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 2:48 PM, Corrobin said:

white wyverns would be awesome.

My OC Leo (he was made before Fates) 's trusty steed Frostbite says hi.

Too bad actual FE games aren't as savvy on mount colors as I am with my OCs.

I personally would like to see more colors for Pegasi and wyverns, honestly. Horses have been brown, light brown, black, white, etc. So why can't Pegasi and wyverns have more variety too?

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I personally would like to see more colors for Pegasi and wyverns, honestly. Horses have been brown, light brown, black, white, etc. So why can't Pegasi and wyverns have more variety too?

What colors would you like to see?

On 4/24/2018 at 11:59 AM, Corrobin said:

Or, yellow, orange, and pink wyverns would be cool.

Blaze says hi.

Lol dude are you even reading my posts here? I have a white wyvern, and orange wyvern, and a brown pegasus among my OCs.

On 4/27/2018 at 10:32 AM, Corrobin said:

Sorry.

Apology accepted!

On 4/27/2018 at 3:36 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

I remember them vividly because their map model depicted their mount as red!

That threw me off the first time too, but I later realized it was just like in the GBA games with the color coded map sprites.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

That threw me off the first time too, but I later realized it was just like in the GBA games with the color coded map sprites.

The console games actually have unique map colorations, the enemy wyvern riders have the correct mount coloration on map, but for whatever reason, wyvern lords have a inconsistent map model.

I mean, it's a small thing, but it would help a lot with differentiating characters and adding a bit of character to them.