Sideways Houses?

I'm trying to draw the map for Chapter 2 of my Fire Emblem: Ascension project.  Thing is, to the best of my knowledge, no Fire Emblem game has had sideways Houses that can be visited, not even the 3D ones; they always seem to face forward.

So do you think sideways Houses could be a thing for a 3D Fire Emblem game if they have clearly marked Visit spaces like in Fates?

55 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I think they stick to front doors because it'd be hard to see them from the side. Maps are more top-down and not tilted like other SRPGs.

I know this was why we never saw any sideways houses in the 2D games.

But as I suggested before, if they continue to use clearly marked Visit spaces (like the blinking yellow ones in Fates), then maybe this won't be as much of a problem.

Hmm, I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as the visit tile is a distinctly different color form the rest of the map - like don't use yellow if you're planning on having a desert map or a canyon made up of yellow stone, stuff like that

Although maybe the reason why houses always face forward isn't necessarily a visibility thing, but maybe a gameplay thing?  Like most houses are built in a way in the 3D Fire Emblem games to make enemies take at least two turns to fully circle around the house to the front (if they're positioned in a user-friendly way, at least), and your units are usually placed in such a way to have easier access to said houses, like chapter 7 of Conquest (not counting those houses tucked away in the corners of the map where you can't reach them, those were unfair) - if the doors were on the sides of the houses, it might be easier for the enemy to swing around and steal/kill the residence/recruit whatever from the houses.  Idk if this would actually be too much of a problem, if the map were designed with this in mind, but I suppose you can say that about anything *shrug*

Edited by Soleater

16 minutes ago, Sock said:

Not houses, per se, but FE10 has sideways doors in Part 1 Ch7. The prison cells.

Food for thought.

Hm, I never knew that.  I haven't played either of the Tellius games.