So I had this idea for a community project, and I want to get it off my chest.

Corrobin

So, the idea was something called Heroes Against Cancer, and it was basically a group/community/fan thing where people could dress up as their favorite FE characters and interact with sick kids and people with cancer, acting in character and giving inspiration and hope to the kids, complete with maybe some sort of stage reenaction of cool plot moments from the series (like Seliph and Julia facing off against Julius, Roy's duel with Zephiel, etc.).

It might not even be necessarily realistic, or even good, but I feel like I should at least talk about it.

That would be adorable, but FE is kinda niche, particularly the older ones, so these sick kids might not even know any of the characters.

Would it be a local thing in your area?

I had an idea of it being an America-wide, or even nation-wide thing, but that was the dream version. I'd be fine with it being a local, maybe state-wide thing. If this even happened at all.

You might be able to pull it off. Research some similar charities and figure out how they started, like those streamers that donate to sick kids, I forgot the name of the event.

Really the main issue is how niche FE is. You might have better luck if you extended it to all of Nintendo or something.

I think it would be more effective if we got together as a community and do a charity drive with some raffle prize and present it as a donation form Serenes

10 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

You might be able to pull it off. Research some similar charities and figure out how they started, like those streamers that donate to sick kids, I forgot the name of the event.

Really the main issue is how niche FE is. You might have better luck if you extended it to all of Nintendo or something.

Yeah, that's the main problem I see with this: nicheness.

10 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I think it would be more effective if we got together as a community and do a charity drive with some raffle prize and present it as a donation form Serenes

That could actually be a really cool idea.

I think it's a lovely idea, but as others have said, realistically, I'd imagine FE is too niche to be applicable for most situations (especially for younger kids). If you wanted to try it, I do think a general Nintendo-themed effort would be more effective.

26 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I think it's a lovely idea, but as others have said, realistically, I'd imagine FE is too niche to be applicable for most situations (especially for younger kids). If you wanted to try it, I do think a general Nintendo-themed effort would be more effective.

@Corrobin -  That's probably the best way to go. But if there's any way I can help, please feel free to ask.