Valentia prequel starring Rudolf

Perkilator

This has been on my mind for a while, but would be interesting to you guys to have a prequel game with a then-prince Rudolf as the main character? I’d really like to know more of his past, along with his relationship (not sexual) with Mycen.

Hmm, actually it would be interesting, but I'm not sure a whole game around them would be that well-received. Maybe a manga or book series? I know they are far from games, but prequel games rarely work out well, when the main game itself is really good (what SoV is imho).

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

I’d really like to know more of his past, along with his relationship (not sexual) with Mycen.

Its no fun if you leave out the best part. 

I don't think the story leaves much room for an epic adventure for young Rudolf but I'm sure that's what people thought about FE6 Eliwood too and that worked out brilliantly in the end. So I would be open to it. Valentia has pretty good world building so I think there's enough material to craft a good story if they try hard enough. 

Well it would have to be pretty segregated, ala FE7. That means no epic show down with Mila to cap off the game. Such a shame that wasn't a DLC Map in Shadows of Valentia. As far as what could happen, no idea, but I'd be game. Halcyon could get in on the action too. Jedah would obviously have to be around in some form too, but I'm not sure how he could be worked while being simultaneously relevant, rational and faithful to the plot.

Edited by Jotari

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well it would have to be pretty segregated, ala FE7. That means no epic show down with Mila to cap off the game. Such a shame that wasn't a DLC Map in Shadows of Valentia. As far as what could happen, no idea, but I'd be game. Halcyon could get in on the action too. Jedah would obviously have to be around in some form too, but I'm not sure how he could be worked while being simultaneously relevant, rational and faithful to the plot.

Well, I was thinking it would be set some 25-30 years before Alm’s journey. Maybe Rudolf would have to fight some corrupt priest of the Mila Faithful or something, I dunno.

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

I mean, I get what you mean, but honestly Rudolf's raid on Mila's temple, while occurring at the same time as the events of SoV, doesn't necessarily intertwine with any maps or anything in SoV, so it could potentially be a fitting final map. A way around this could be like, the whole two generations/or two books thing. Like the first half of the game is a younger Rudolf and Mycen and then the second half could be his Imperial campaign bulldozing its way into Zofia.

On 8-6-2018 at 3:33 AM, NekoKnight said:

Nah, not really. I think his plan in SoV was pretty bonkers, so I wouldn't really be invested in his journey up to that point.

I think that would actually be a point in the favor of such a prequel. Spending more time with Rudolf might make his plans more sensible when we're given more information.