I laughed harder at this than I should have

Hahahahahaha, this is gold!! Now I want to read all the updates.

As for naming a male fish after Samus, all I can think of is that that person only played the first games and never made it well enough for Samus to take off her suit at the end, but that would be too weird considering we have a Zelda, a Link, a Bayonetta and a Pikachu, so they know their stuff, it seems.

6 hours ago, Chopper... said:

As for naming a male fish after Samus, all I can think of is that that person only played the first games and never made it well enough for Samus to take off her suit at the end, but that would be too weird considering we have a Zelda, a Link, a Bayonetta and a Pikachu, so they know their stuff, it seems.

Yeah by now even if you've never played Metroid, you know Samus is female. I never played it. Maybe they thought that fish was female but turned out to be male? Then in that case I'd rename him Ridley or something. Also the original Pikachu in Smash doesn't have the heart tail so he's male, but I'll let it slide because female pikachus do exist.

Although Link should've been the father of Zelda's babies here because that's really likely in Smash/Nintendo canon anyway lol.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Watch out for that clickbait title or the mods'll get you.

I apologized in the tags! I really couldn't think of a good title, the mods can fix it if they want.

7 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

hD25D85FE

Why name a male fish Samus though...Samus is female...

Samus Aran is female, doesn't mean the name Samus is.

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/samus-aran-was-named-after-pele-the-brazilian-soccer-player

I mean...they were wrong with the origin of the name, but they thought there was a guy that went by that name.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Samus Aran is female, doesn't mean the name Samus is.

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/samus-aran-was-named-after-pele-the-brazilian-soccer-player

I mean...they were wrong with the origin of the name, but they thought there was a guy that went by that name.

...and the drummer of a tech death metal band (Decrepit Birth from Santa Cruz, CA) also goes by the same first name (Samus Paulicelli). He's a funny guy too.

samus.PNG

Huh, interesting! Still the rest are Smash fighters, so it wouldn't make sense for this Samus to be named after the drummer or the soccer player.

4 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Huh, interesting! Still the rest are Smash fighters, so it wouldn't make sense for this Samus to be named after the drummer or the soccer player.

Well it's definitely named after the Nintendo character, but it obviously isn't Samus Aran, because it is a fish. Being a fish is probably a bigger distinguishing factor than not being female.

13 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

...and the drummer of a tech death metal band (Decrepit Birth from Santa Cruz, CA) also goes by the same first name (Samus Paulicelli). He's a funny guy too.

samus.PNG

Born 1987 huh. Wonder if he was named by someone who didn't finish the original Metroid fast enough XD

Edited by Jotari

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Born 1987 huh. Wonder if he was named by someone who didn't finish the original Metroid fast enough XD

In all probability, haha!

57 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

I wonder, if Camus is supposed to be pronounced as Camoo, does that mean Samus is supposed to be pronounced as Samoo?

Camus is of French origin, while it seems (judging from this thread) like Samus is Hispanic, so different pronunciation rules and all.