Why did nobody tell me this about BotW?

Dragoncat

Screenshot_20180831-184934_Facebook.jpg

NPCs react accordingly to running around shirtless/half naked! HIS HANDS ARE DOWN HIS PANTS LOL.

...Yet I can't make this happen.

monadoundies.jpg

Wtf, Monolith Soft. Major missed opportunity there.

Just now, Slumber said:

Because we assumed anybody who potentially had interest in playing BotW already played it.

Because you assumed everybody who had interest in BotW wasn't so broke they're surprised they're not wearing McDonalds bags as shoes and because of that, owns neither a Switch or a Wii U.

#AdultingProblems

I have to pay bills and shit...yes I am working but...

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Because you assumed everybody who had interest in BotW wasn't so broke they're surprised they're not wearing McDonalds bags as shoes and because of that, owns neither a Switch or a Wii U.

#AdultingProblems

I have to pay bills and shit...yes I am working but...

I mean, unless you're paying off massive debts or saving up for something, the $360 for a Switch+BotW really isn't that much, even if you're not making bank.

Unless you live somewhere with insanely high living costs and make minimum wage. In which case, yeah. Probably best to focus on staying out of those McDonald's bags.

Anyway, this thread isn't about that. BotW Link knows what the ladies want.

Edited by Slumber

Off the top of my head, I recall a handful of other characters reacting to nude Link, including Paya, Hestu, Bolson, and the Old Man. You should just go around talking to anybody you can and see what happens.

35 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Wtf, Monolith Soft. Major missed opportunity there.

I was genuinely impressed how well XB1's dialogue flows, like when you'd take on a quest and characters would sometimes say something specifically about the conversation instead of using nothing but the "yeah! we'll do your quest!" lines.

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

I was genuinely impressed how well XB1's dialogue flows, like when you'd take on a quest and characters would sometimes say something specifically about the conversation instead of using nothing but the "yeah! we'll do your quest!" lines.

Yeah, I'll give them credit for that. But I can't run around Colony 9 in my undies and have people yell at me to PUT SOME CLOTHES ON THERE'S KIDS HERE. Missed opportunity imo. Nothing against the writing or dialogue in general.

Spoilers below for Xenoblade 1.

Spoiler

Except Gadolt should have totally lived :( Seriously. I love that handsome soldier boy!

Edited by Dragoncat

I never bothered with this silly feature, save once when I heard Hestu has alternative dialogue, which if you do a naked run, makes expanding your inventory impossible. Some other sidequests are also impossible I think if you do a naked run.

I preferred Link in Desert Voe gear visually anyhow (and the cloth Hylian wear). Not sure if there is alternative dialogue if he is in the Desert Val set, I don't think so but that would've been nice too.

I need to do a second run of BotW eventually, but not now, my good memory needs to forget more.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never bothered with this silly feature, save once when I heard Hestu has alternative dialogue, which if you do a naked run, makes expanding your inventory impossible. Some other sidequests are also impossible I think if you do a naked run.

Who says you have to do a naked run? Just strip and talk to people, then put the clothes back on when you get bored.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

Who says you have to do a naked run? Just strip and talk to people, then put the clothes back on when you get bored.

You don't have to, but some people have done playthroughs where they leave Link naked from beginning to end, just as a challenge. You can't 100% doing it, but you can do a lot.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You don't have to, but some people have done playthroughs where they leave Link naked from beginning to end, just as a challenge. You can't 100% doing it, but you can do a lot.

Yeah, I'm not surprised. Similar thing exists in Xenoblade 1: Naked Dunban Strategy. I haven't tried it but I probably should because it sounds absolutely hilarious lol.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

Yeah, I'm not surprised. Similar thing exists in Xenoblade 1: Naked Dunban Strategy. I haven't tried it but I probably should because it sounds absolutely hilarious lol.

Unlike naked Dunban, where there is at least the boon of a massive evasion boost, Link gets no bonuses from being buff. Although there is Eventide Island, a trial which has Link stripped of his clothes and most of his belongings when it starts, think of it as trying to survive on a stranded island, it's cool. He also starts undressed when you do the Trials of the Sword paid DLC

7 minutes ago, Nym said:

And they say Nitendo is only for kids.

There is the implied Tingle sex scene in that Rosy Colored Rupeeland game. But the less said of that, the better.

And what the Great Fairies do to Link in BotW might be classified as sexual harassment (or so I hear, I always skip the animation because I've heard it's kinda this). If only he were willing to speak up.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is the implied Tingle sex scene in that Rosy Colored Rupeeland game. But the less said of that, the better.

Wut. I don't know whether I should be intrigued or ask for brain bleach.

The great fairies in OoT and MM are naked except for vines...them too.

29 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Wut. I don't know whether I should be intrigued or ask for brain bleach.

I thought Zelda wiki had the details about this, but I strangely don't see as many on it anymore.

The gist of it, from what I remember hearing is... (read the spoilers or not at your own discretion!):

Spoiler

Upon obtaining all of these collectable things called Rupee Goods, the curse is broken on Tingle's female assistant Pinkle. Who looks like this:

Pinkle.png

She then tells Tingle she will reward him, and for part of this, she tells Tingle to close his eyes. Something then blocks the screen from the player seeing what happens, I think Tingle's red balloon inflates or something. However, Tingle is heard making the usual sounds of being hurt and the like in the game, and moans of increasing discomfort, might actually be moans of increasing comfort.

FPTRR DS Game Icon.png

(DS menu icon when you have the game in the system. It's a happy face.)

Pinkle also apparently leaves a hologram of her herself in Tingle's house before leaving, in case he feels "lonely", which one may or may not interpret sexually. 

Tingle does get other nonsexual rewards though, namely a pink suit during the final battle.

If you're interested in seeing the scene for yourself, YouTube might have a Let's Play of this game including that moment. It was released in Europe, so by Saint George it has been officially translated into English, and hence you could follow what is going on in the game.

You also have the Japan-only Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love, which involves Tingle romancing five girls. Don't know if there is anything implicit in it, but...

Spoiler

RTBToL_DS_Game_Icon.png?version=c5699fee

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

53 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

Brain bleach. Just ask for brain bleach. It's Tingle after all.

Too late. Interdimensional Observer already explained it to me. I'm fine as long as I don't try to picture too many details.

20 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

WORD.

Not to mention the hidden joke in pokemon when you the trainer gets noticed by a girl in a swimsuit before a battle. And she says: ' I have a swimsuit without pockets, guess where I keep my pokeballs?'

15 minutes ago, Nym said:

Not to mention the hidden joke in pokemon when you the trainer gets noticed by a girl in a swimsuit before a battle. And she says: ' I have a swimsuit without pockets, guess where I keep my pokeballs?'

"Tee hee! Woman's secret!"

Also a juggler in Johto: "Whoops! Dropped my balls!"

11 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Also a juggler in Johto: "Whoops! Dropped my balls!"

What a secret indeed

And there many more

On 9/1/2018 at 5:02 PM, Dragoncat said:

I bet her Tentacruel knows all her secrets.