Seliph and Simba are the same character (Oh, and spoilers, I guess)

indigoasis

Seliph from Genealogy of the Holy War and Simba from The Lion King share some similarities. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I thought I would share.

• Both names start with the letter S
  • Their uncle kills their father (in Seliph's case, it's his half-uncle on his mother's side)
  • They (more or less) go into exile and are trained by two mentors (Seliph has Oifey and Shannan, Simba has Timon and Pumbaa)
  • They grow stronger and older as time passes, and then go off to liberate their homeland(s)
  • Lewyn and Rafiki act as additional guidance
  • They defeat their uncle and take their place as King (in Seliph's case, he defeated Arvis, but didn't become King until after Julius was defeated)
  • They speak to the ghosts of their fathers

The similarities aren't exactly one to one, as Seliph had to go through a few extra steps along his journey, but the ones I've noted are the major similarities. Please feel free to correct me or add on to the list with anything I may have missed.

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Who would be the equivalent of Nala here? Does Seliph have a female childhood friend who becomes his queen?

There are theories that Nala and Simba are siblings, but it's kinda iffy. Seliph can pair up with Julia through an exploit in the game's love growth mechanics, however.

Technically, it would be whoever Seliph is paired up with at the end of the game, although I think the game implies it to be Lana. Her wiki page mentions how she has romantic feelings for Seliph, and that if she's not paired up by the end of the game, she gets depressed about how Seliph never noticed her true feelings, yet keeps those feelings to herself all the same.

Yeah I was thinking Julia myself but Seliph wasn't raised beside her like Simba was with Nala I don't think.

I think the theory is that Simba and Nala are cousins or half siblings. Nala clearly has a different mother.

Also...Zazu? Who's him?

Edited by Dragoncat

8 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Also...Zazu? Who's him?

That one's a bit tough, since Zazu served Mufasa and then Scar and then Simba.

For Mufasa, it could maybe be Oifey (atleast until Timon or Pumbaa take over as Oifey), then for Scar, probably Manfroy, and then for Simba... I dunno. All of Seliph's advisors are taken.