In light of recent events

Jyosua

I don't really qualify as a veteran member, but I have had my fair share of change. Things never change for the better. I want SF to be exactly the way it is now. Not exactly SIZE, but the way we act.
Like Chris just said to me (yeah, a lot of us are still talking, and we're all shaking our fucking heads at your antics), this is exactly the shit that killed FESS. Oldbies got pissy the situation wasn't exactly what they were used to, so they shat up the place and drove off the newbies. Eventually the newbies stopped coming.
Edited by Blacken

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was GEOSed there too, as I recall.

I don't know what GEOSed means but I'm pretty sure that your going to be away for a long time if you actually don't shut up. Your only here just to piss us off. So just leave us alone, if you don't want to be here the go to your Astray site or w/e.

I don't know what GEOSed means but I'm pretty sure that your going to be away for a long time if you actually don't shut up. Your only here just to piss us off. So just leave us alone, if you don't want to be here the go to your Astray site or w/e.

I'm afraid that statement's blatantly untrue. I repeat, Blacken's intent is nothing short of genuine.

Edited by Fox

Guys, here's the blunt reality of the situation:

The xenophobia has to stop. Period. It's useless, and if you forget the predefined fears you had coming in and paid attention to what he was SAYING, you'd realise Blacken had a point.

The xenophobia has to stop because there's not much you can do about this. The decision's been made by your administrators. You're going to have to support it, or you're going to end up leaving, and doing damage to SF with your petulance. If you choose the latter, there's not many places left to go (except for the guy that apparently hates Fire Emblem), and it speaks more for you than it does for any of us.

We have no intention of "changing" anyone,and the prepubescents in the crowd really need to learn to accept that. And if you still feel that way... well, I'm not going to lose any sleep about it, that's for sure.

Guys, here's the blunt reality of the situation:

The xenophobia has to stop. Period. It's useless, and if you forget the predefined fears you had coming in and paid attention to what he was SAYING, you'd realise Blacken had a point.

The xenophobia has to stop because there's not much you can do about this. The decision's been made by your administrators. You're going to have to support it, or you're going to end up leaving, and doing damage to SF with your petulance. If you choose the latter, there's not many places left to go (except for the guy that apparently hates Fire Emblem), and it speaks more for you than it does for any of us.

We have no intention of "changing" anyone,and the prepubescents in the crowd really need to learn to accept that. And if you still feel that way... well, I'm not going to lose any sleep about it, that's for sure.

I personally am doing my best to stay optimistic about this. I'm taking the words of Lord Glenn and Fox that this will still be Serenes Forest. But what Blacken is doing isn't helping a thing, even if he does have a point (which I don't believe, nor do I care).

I also don't like how you attack the age range here. Sure, a good number of the members may be young, but some of them are more mature than they may appear to be. The worry and fear should have been expected, and telling them to stop in the way you are is making things all the more worse.

As for me, I'm going to watch and see how things settle. If something changes, it had better be for the better. I love this place too much to let an event like this get to me.

*yawns*

Can a mod please close this topic.

But either way, does this discussion really need to continue?

i no rite? I said it an hour and a half ago... Though people want to post, so let them vent I guess...

*yawns*

Can a mod please close this topic.

i no rite? I said it an hour and a half ago... Though people want to post, so let them vent I guess...

I suppose you're right. No need to kill each other further.

What the shit guys? I go away for like 7 hours, and the place explodes? Jesus fucking Christ. Okay, here's the deal: Blacken is a dick by nature. What he says has meaning, and in this case is true, but that meaning is lost in his foolish attempt to bitchslap some sense into everyone. That doesn't work here, and argueably, never worked at FESS either. A HUGE WALL OF TEXT with thought put into it is meaningless if everyone simply labels you as a troll because of the tone it's in.

Anyways, what I need you guys to do, is welcome the members from FESS as new members of our family. Obviously, some will be a lot nice than others, and some more mature than others. Rest assured, the forum ideals will not change; we will always retain our lax point of view. In fact, I'm sure many members of FESS would prefer that. In any case, the critical areas that might have some changes are post quality and a little more regulation on the FftF, simply because it's gotten to the point where people flame each other all the time in those forums. With the latter, I want to retain the overall sillyness and complete and utter non-seriousness, but we can't allow it to become a flaming arena. That basically means, when you have a problem with someone, take it to PM, and stop making these stupid ATTN: FUCKFACE threads. As for post quality, I would really like for everyone to have at least a spell checker installed, and maybe we can take FESS' idea of language helpers. I've got a couple other ideas for this, but regardless, it's nothing major.

With all that said, this topic is reopen for discussion, and Blacken gets a 3 day suspension for inciting flames with his dickery.

Good riddance, I was beginning to dislike this guy since he's making it difficult for people to reply. >_<

Did you understand anything he said, though?

Think on that. I'm not antagonizing.

Off that (admittedly idiotic) topic... I think over time, the people that stay here from FESS will integrate, and no one will notice. It's just going to take time.

Sleep is for the weak. Work too.

But it's hard to even notice the new people are there.

I wasn't sleeping! I was enjoying a concert! (FYI it took a while to get there, and afterwards I got autographs from everybody. More on this later, in another topic.)

Anyways, As I said, Blacken had a point - people are being Xenophobic. However, he was a dick about this, and then went on to contradict himself, basically by identifying himself as Xenophobic of SF members because they are young and have a lower average maturity level than FESS. GG Ed, gg.

I wasn't sleeping! I was enjoying a concert! (FYI it took a while to get there, and afterwards I got autographs from everybody. More on this later, in another topic.)

Anyways, As I said, Blacken had a point - people are being Xenophobic. However, he was a dick about this, and then went on to contradict himself, basically by identifying himself as Xenophobic of SF members because they are young and have a lower average maturity level than FESS. GG Ed, gg.

age doesn't mean shit. thats just stupid of him *points at hika*