In light of recent events

Jyosua

Once again, what exactly is your point? FESS has been running for like 6 years now and staff such as Lord Glenn has been running there till the sites end as far as I know for quite a long time and I've seen what he'd done. I'm pretty sure I can rely on Lord Glenn.
*Sigh* Nevermind.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I discussed it with Vincent, the only other person TRULY in charge of promoting people. Normally we ask for opinions from the rest of the staff, but in this case we didn't.

And guys, I'll be gone for a couple hours. I'm going to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra Concert.

Er, Tino, I really don't know what to reply to you with. I know you bear no ill harm, but I think you need to trust us, the staff, more ^^;;;

I'd like to reveal everything, maybe, but I'm currently a little busy for that. So for now, I'll just say: Basically we have our reasons.

For joke relief, another answer is: Because I'm fickle.

Edited by VincentASM

His point is that if there isn't communication, the board will fall.

However in this board's case there is communication.

Obviously we have more communication. It's not like were less communicated judging by the people here are very active from what I know so far...

All things considered, I'm sure they do talk.

But this time yesterday, I can't imagine more than a dozen people knew FESS was closing.

So sitting down to discuss a potential merger or even whether they were going to take in the people coming from FESS wasn't an option.

It's simply not the type of forum to turn people away. And the two new mods are little more than a gesture to the people moving so far. Not to say they have no powers, but I don't think Lord Glenn has removed the Forest and banned half the active users yet.

Edited by bunny

I discussed it with Vincent, the only other person TRULY in charge of promoting people. Normally we ask for opinions from the rest of the staff, but in this case we didn't.
Good answer. I'll shut up, stop arguing with you, and stop spamming your topic now.

You can blame me for the staff of this forum not being informed. I wanted our situation kept under wraps until I deemed it time to let the world know. I didn't even tell my staff until Wednesday.

And keep in mind that I recommended that they give LG and Musashi a look. I also asked them to look at two others, who they declined.

And I don't know about Jyosua or anyone else, but I don't give a shit if anyone has a problem with that. I've been doing this for five years, I know what I'm doing.

Edited by Superbus

No Superbus, it's not your fault at all. It's just that we didn't really get the heads up until now, that's mainly the whole issues.

But that is his fault.

Trust me, when people tell you to blame them for it, you blame them for it. It's easier.

Unless you're in love.

Point is, no one had a heads up. And if you've counted the number of new users(20+ so far), the number of mods to active users hasn't changed much. Not to say that the ratio isn't a bit high, but I'm all for Status Quo.

Edited by bunny

Vincent,

I don't think you need to asplain yourself at all. You and Jyosua contradicted yourselves. But, as the Staff, you have the right to change your mind. Considering I was one of the ones begging you to make a fourth Mod, I am satisfied.

~Matt.

I don't think you need to asplain yourself at all. You and Jyosua contradicted yourselves. But, as the Staff, you have the right to change your mind. Considering I was one of the ones begging you to make a fourth Mod, I am satisfied.

I don't know what's your problem but I assure you, that you definitely lack of attitude to even become a mod with that type of behavior. Just because Vincent and Jyosua has good intentions doesn't mean doesn't mean you can blame them upon your jealousy. Take your anger somewhere else. I really can't stand for people like you...

I don't know what's your problem but I assure you, that you definitely lack of attitude to even become a mod with that type of behavior. Just because Vincent and Jyosua has good intentions doesn't mean doesn't mean you can blame them upon your jealousy. Take your anger somewhere else. I really can't stand for people like you...

And I can't stand people like you. I was telling Vincent/Jyo I AGREED with their decision to make mor Staff, and that they didn't have to explain themselves! Try to learn how to read before you respond to this, okay?

He wasn't asking to be a mod, (although that's what I thought too at first) he wanted them to appoint another mod.

He wasn't asking to be a mod, (although that's what I thought too at first) he wanted them to appoint another mod.
Lol...did it seem like that? I don't even have time to be a Moderator on a forum anymore...Which is why I retired from most/all of my current Mod/Admin positions...

It was the way you phrased it. :o
I'm not exactly good at phrasing things to make perfect sense.

Oh well, I wasn't asking to be a Moderator, because one, that is the worst way to become a mod, two, I have no time.

*Breaks his promise not to spam this topic anymore...*

And I can't stand people like you. I was telling Vincent/Jyo I AGREED with their decision to make mor Staff, and that they didn't have to explain themselves! Try to learn how to read before you respond to this, okay?

Hmmmm...it looks like I've taken this the wrong way...sorry?

This thread is awesome.
This thread is awesome, mostly because it's a microcosm of how to fucking kill an online community. It should be required reading for anyone who wants to start a successful web forum.

---

Okay, so I promised I wouldn't be throwing any bombs. To this end, I have not begun this post with "alright, morons, listen up." If you're just reading this to find a reason to be mad at Big Bad Blacken, feel free to imagine that I began this post as such. It'll be a handy way for you to get irrationally pissy at me and keep you from actually...y'know, reading what I write. For those of you who've gotten past that suggestion without taking it--wonderful, now maybe you'll take a moment and realize that you're being a bunch of toolish idiots. That's not an insult, by the way. You wouldn't take offense if somebody told you that your shoes were untied, you shouldn't take offense if somebody tells you you're being a toolish idiot. If you haven't gotten butthurt to the point of not continuing to read, I shall proceed to tell all y'all why this is the case.

(The over/under on somebody cluelessly taking offense to the preceding paragraph and whining about it in a reply is at 3:1. Any takers?)

Anyway. On topic. The whine-whine-whine going on here is really kind of impressive, and not in a good way. Not in the "holy shit, that was impressive" way, but in the "wow, the dysfunction here is impressive" sort of sense. I get that the majority of you are painfully awkward kids; reading the posts through here is kind of cluing me into that. The sense of insecurity from the people who are throwing bitchfits over oh my god more members in our forum is sad. Last I checked, the point of most forum communities was to attract members. Especially high-quality members.

Frankly? With all due respect to Josh and Vincent, I'd bet dollars to donuts that the FESS members who decide to stick around are without exception going to be better members of the community than all the whiners in this topic. I'd be shocked, genuinely fucking shocked, if they weren't more well-reasoned, intelligent, productive members than ninety percent of the current SF memberbase--because FESS has always gotten rid of the awful offal as fast as fucking possible. If the whiners had an interest in their community being better (I frankly don't), they'd be cheering the new members. But instead--insecurity. Can't let the community get ahead of you, can you? Your place in the fucking pecking order is at risk and so you're screaming your fool heads off. And watching that's damn sad.

But there's good news, social seekers. It's not the polite thing to say and it's not the nice thing to say, but as anyone who knows me will attest, I'm not above blunt force application of the truth when it's necessary. Your bitch-and-moaning is most likely doing what little else could, I'm both happy and sad to say. You're doing an excellent job of chasing off your new members. Even the ones interested in Fire Emblem aren't going to put up with this playground bullshit.

The self-interested part of me almost wants me to not post this, mostly because the vast majority of FESSers-with-a-clue are already going to be headed to The Ashtray. Your whining is just likely to shovel more my way. And really, I'm OK with that. I'm not tied to the boat anchor that is Fire Emblem, so things will be gravy over there. But instead, I kind of feel sorry for the lot of you. Fresh blood powers a topical community. You're doing a great job of being a case study as to why topical communities go to hell in a handbasket and you're cutting off your noses to spite your faces. Like Chris just said to me (yeah, a lot of us are still talking, and we're all shaking our fucking heads at your antics), this is exactly the shit that killed FESS. Oldbies got pissy the situation wasn't exactly what they were used to, so they shat up the place and drove off the newbies. Eventually the newbies stopped coming.

(That's one of the reasons The Ashtray is non-topical. We don't need newbies interested in anything in particular, we just need people.)

So cut this playground shitfuckery the hell out already, would you?

Edited by Blacken

It took you a while to get that out, Blacken.

Also, for what it's worth, it doesn't hurt to say that the series isn't exactly getting a breath of life every new release. Of course topical forums for it are dying.

I will say that you were a bit over the top in kissing your own ass, though I can agree that there's nothing wrong with new people.

Edited by bunny

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who welcomed me and Lord Glenn to the staff. That being said, I'm not going to type a long winded rant on why you should true me and Lord Glenn. Instead, I'll just say that I plan on giving SF the same level of dedication that I gave FESS. And for those of you who are concerned about my activity? Not to be a dick, but do you guys know how often I log on? I may not post 461354 times a day, but I do log on very frequently. The only time I left SF was relatively recently, so I could focus my efforts on helping FESS.

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. I am, however, a little disappointed by the level of xenophobia shown in this topic. What are you so afraid of? It seems like some of you have passed judgment on people you don't even know yet.