Question about Nintendo Switch and game discounts

Zanarkin

Do third party games go on good discounts for the Nintendo switch? I am thinking of getting a switch relatively soon and I was wondering if hoping for a sale for Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Crash Bandicoot N.Sane trilogy is asking for too much. I have seen good sales for some third party games, but I am wondering if this extends to more expensive games like the two mentioned above.

The reason I ask is cause these two games go for a 50% discount during steam sales, and if they are unlikely to go on sale on the switch I'll just buy it on pc. But I like the idea of having these two games as portables.

Edited by SlayerX

Third party games dip in their base price pretty fast. As for sales? That probably happens about as often as it does for most physical games... which is way less often than PC games.

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Third party games dip in their base price pretty fast. As for sales? That probably happens about as often as it does for most physical games... which is way less often than PC games.

Now I'm curious if its worth holding out for a price drop, or just buy it on steam when a sale comes by...

Ugh decisions.

49 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Now I'm curious if its worth holding out for a price drop, or just buy it on steam when a sale comes by...

Steam. Always Steam. Cheaper, probably will run better, probably will control better.

4 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Steam. Always Steam. Cheaper, probably will run better, probably will control better.

Well all I have is a laptop that isn't dedicated for gaming, so I don't know about it running any better than it would on the switch, but you areĀ  right on the control and cheaper points. However what draws me to the idea is mainly the portability along with being able to hook it up to a bigger screen if I so choose. Which I can do with my laptop, but that is heavier and I don't always want to take it everywhere I go. In all fairness though if I have the money this steam sale I'll probably buy the games on steam.

I'll just have other games on the switch.

Nintendo games normally don't become cheaper unless they reach a certain status like Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time or Starfox 64 for 3DS.
I don't the exactly condition for that though.

Third parties grant some special sales from time to time.
Could remember when I got SMTIV for the half price on a special sale by Atlus.

However there are a few events like Black Friday each company grants a sale.
Nintendo offered more than a half dozen of games for a dropped price (Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles 2...).
It's not much, but it's something at least.