Got any cool game posters?

indigoasis

I was cleaning out my closet recently looking for an old game that I used to play as a kid, and I ended up finding the Shadows of Valentia pre-order poster that you get for... pre-ordering the game. It's still in mint condition despite the film wrapping already being taken off. I was curious as to what other cool game posters are out there, so I thought that I would ask what game posters everyone else has.

I didn't find my old game, but I'm sure it's somewhere.

Edited by indigoceans

I used to have dozens thanks to my Nintendo Power subscription. One issue in particular was a subscriber bonus of a dozen posters for then current Nintendo and third party games. Plus a Mega Man 20th anniversary poster that I adored even if the only Mega Man games I played were the classic and X series. Another favorite of mine was a Twilight Princess picture where Link is struggling to deflect an attack from a darknut.

I have the Club Nintendo a Link between worlds 3 poster set and 2 other Zelda posters I bought when I saw them.  I also tend to make posters with Fire Emblem ads from Game Informer, so I have one I made and I have some other ads so I could make another one when I feel like it.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I used to have dozens thanks to my Nintendo Power subscription.

Those were the good old days.

Presently, I have located right behind my head, this:

Spoiler

Image result for legend of zelda sages medallion poster

And on a line on the opposite facing wall with the above poster, within three yards of my feet, is this:

Spoiler

Image result for legend of zelda symphony of the goddesses poster

I bought one at my first Zelda concert. After my second, I return home in such awe of the event I sincerely wanted to pray before this, but could think of no motion worthy of the moment. It was a spiritual experience, perhaps the only I've ever had. Which is why I have this poster framed now, it's too meaningful for me.

Although I no longer play the franchise, off to the side I have a Pokemon poster, as reminder of the love of old I once had. It's a black background with the original 150 silhouetted on it. So it's like an old-fashion blackboard or some pavement, with each Pokemon's shape traced, with some stylistic serifs, in a variety of colors of chalk. Color-wise, it is based on typing, but they do change it up, Charmander is orange, while Charmeleon and Charizard are in red, and overall, it forms a vibrant kaleidoscope. It's pretty chill and I like that.

I used to have more game posters up, and I could possibly add another, but I wanted to downgrade the amount of gaming at bit. So now I have a poster of the deserts of the, American Southwest, another of nebulae out in space, and one of fine art.

I don't have any game posters (well, an amiibo one, but that barely counts). What I do have is a metric ton of Star Wars posters. A couple of Darth Vader, three ensemble posters, a signed Episode three poster, a signed Maul poster, and some other various ones. I also have a Harry Potter poster that came with "The Cursed Child" (the one good thing that came from that purchase), and a large D&D map I made. And my large, I mean it's 56x48 inches, full color, all by hand. I also have a bunch of Star Wars post cards assorted about my room.

Other random things I have up are the inside of a book cover that had an inspirational quote, some rewards I received, the inside of a card that has that one Star Wars villain from Rebels, a bunch of Star Wars trading octagons, a bunch of cool looking cards covering a yu-gi-oh battle sheet I received from a manga purchase, the poster that came with the SNES Classic, some pages from a Star Wars coloring book I thought looked cool, some logos from games that I redrew sized up to be on larger paper, a lego poster, and all the Kirby tags from the kirby shirts I've bought over the years. Oh, almost forgot my two terrible paintings, one was just me messing around by throwing every color possible onto it, and then the other was me trying to paint the Fire Emblem, with like two shades of yellow and no other darker colors.

18 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

I don't have any game posters (well, an amiibo one, but that barely counts). What I do have is a metric ton of Star Wars posters. A couple of Darth Vader, three ensemble posters, a signed Episode three poster, a signed Maul poster, and some other various ones. I also have a Harry Potter poster that came with "The Cursed Child" (the one good thing that came from that purchase), and a large D&D map I made. And my large, I mean it's 56x48 inches, full color, all by hand. I also have a bunch of Star Wars post cards assorted about my room.

Other random things I have up are the inside of a book cover that had an inspirational quote, some rewards I received, the inside of a card that has that one Star Wars villain from Rebels, a bunch of Star Wars trading octagons, a bunch of cool looking cards covering a yu-gi-oh battle sheet I received from a manga purchase, the poster that came with the SNES Classic, some pages from a Star Wars coloring book I thought looked cool, some logos from games that I redrew sized up to be on larger paper, a lego poster, and all the Kirby tags from the kirby shirts I've bought over the years. Oh, almost forgot my two terrible paintings, one was just me messing around by throwing every color possible onto it, and then the other was me trying to paint the Fire Emblem, with like two shades of yellow and no other darker colors.

That reminds me, I also found a Star Wars poster for Episode 6 while cleaning my closet. I think it was when Episode 7 was in theaters, so as promotion sort of thing, you could get certain posters of the movies from General Mills cereal boxes and I had gotten mine from a Cinnamon Toast Crunch box. It's not huge, but it's big enough to cover up a hole in the wall.

18 hours ago, indigoceans said:

I was curious as to what other cool game posters are out there, so I thought that I would ask what game posters everyone else has.

i had a huge poster of The Legend of Dragoon many years ago, but sadly it went missing.

Spoiler

a45d25872d2d7bafb5f9e81da06f661b.jpg