With 3 Houses Likely Delayed Do You Think FE 3 Houses Characters Have Already Been Designed

Captain Karnage

I think the title does justice as to what i'm trying to say

So considering that we've heard no news about FE16, and how we expected it to out last fall and heroes having been out long before we even saw 3 Heroes at E3. I've started to wonder considering that a lot of the art is commissioned months in advance and there is likely unused character art, sprites, & etc lying around IS HQ if character art for the MCs has already been done.

I'm not really sure what to add on, this is just something that's crossed my mind a few times 

I'm not going to assume it's been delayed any further until Nintendo says it themselves or it misses the next Nintendo Direct. There's only been one general Direct since E3, and it was in September.

That said, I do think it's likely Three Houses characters are in the works for Heroes.

I've seen Amazon list the release for December, but that's probably a placeholder.

I think the characters are already designed for Heroes. Just a matter of getting the game out

10 hours ago, redlight said:

I've seen Amazon list the release for December, but that's probably a placeholder.

I think the characters are already designed for Heroes. Just a matter of getting the game out

development for metroid prime 4 will be pretty quick if they release it in december like amazon says, especially given them starting from scratch. it is a placeholder.

as for the topic I imagine they have something in the works, though not much, they need to push more fates.

Whatever artwork they made for Heroes version of those characters are probably fine. Christmas Robin and Christmas Tharja, for instance, are some of the first characters we know of to be drawn for Heroes and they made it in seemingly unaltered almost a year later. Voicework is also probably not an issue since Three Houses is in active development and those actors are all still "hanging around the office" if they need some changes. 

This isn't really pertinent to Heroes but I do think we'll be seeing a delay from the "Spring 2019" release date. I suppose they may have clarified it to be fiscal year Quarter 2 (which may make a release window as late as June), but Quarters mean something different country by country and I can't find the source of that information. So if we did get the game in June, that's still technically a delay from the release window we were given six months ago which itself was a delay from the vague 2018 release window we had been saddled with for almost a year and a half. I think the biggest hurdle for the game releasing soon is just the localization, as I anticipate this to be the first simultaneous, global release for the series. 

Let it cook. We'll probably see more soon.

They knew internally the game was going to get delayed before we did, considering the game was probably looking for a Fall/Winter release initially, I doubt the FEH 3H content was anything beyond the initial planning phase. I doubt there was any artwork, or sprites, but there were probably ideas of what they are doing. There probably is now, but thats only because as far as we know, the game is still due out by Spring. Probably May/June at this point. If not pushing it to Summer for July/August.