Ys: Memories of Celceta KAI announced

Jedi

Basically much like the Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 Kai versions this will be a port up to a higher console (and console in general for Celceta) with some updates. 

This is a Ys title I still need to play but this is pretty interesting to have come up now.

Edited by Jedi

Awesome! The Ys team sure has been hardworking lately. There's a game in development and they've been porting everything. I'll keep this one on my radar.

18 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Awesome! The Ys team sure has been hardworking lately. There's a game in development and they've been porting everything. I'll keep this one on my radar.

Hopefully this means a Ys 5 revamp is in the cards sometime after these two as well.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Hopefully this means a Ys 5 revamp is in the cards sometime after these two as well.

Let's hope! Ys has been gaining a lot of momentum lately so I hope the company plays its cards right.

Celceta is one of the weaker Ys entries in my book but if this gets a physical english language release like Origin I'm in. 

btw. who's porting? I recall Falcom stating that they'll outsource this kind of projects more instead of doing them internally. 

Edited by know_naim
typos

On 2/7/2019 at 2:04 AM, Dandy Druid said:

It makes a lot of sense that they'd be giving the franchise an extra push. Ever since Persona 5, we've been experiencing a JRPG boom period in which they've gained a surge of popularity, even in the west. This is prime time for series like Ys ans Tales to grow their audience.

7 hours ago, know_naim said:

Celceta is one of the weaker Ys entries in my book but if this gets a physical english language release like Origin I'm in. 

btw. who's porting? I recall Falcom stating that they'll outsource this kind of projects more instead of doing them internally. 

We don’t know yet. Likely won’t really know until an English version of this port is announced.

11 hours ago, Etheus said:

It makes a lot of sense that they'd be giving the franchise an extra push. Ever since Persona 5, we've been experiencing a JRPG boom period in which they've gained a surge of popularity, even in the west. This is prime time for series like Ys ans Tales to grow their audience.

I'm glad to hear it. I hope this means we're getting big titles like Granblue Fantasy Re:link as well.