Aether Raids: Defeat in defence but -0?

tapwater

So in AR I'm at 6800 Lift, but sometimes I notice that my defeats in defence doesn't subtract any lift: that is, some defeats punish me with -0 lift. I'm wondering why that is. I heard somewhere that this happens when the offence has more units than your defence team. Can anyone confirm?

Basically, because I'm relatively new to this game and haven't had much pulls because I like hoarding orbs, I pitifully suck. I find AR really difficult. It's not a big deal to me, but I know some people go crazy over AR. So what I want to do is set up a defence team of one or two helpless people so that attackers can get easy lift from me. But I also want a steady inflow of grails so I can merge my TT GHB units, since I don't really have other units because I don't pull. 

If it is the case that I lose 0 lift if I have less heroes, I'm going to go for it. If not, then does anyone know why sometimes I lose -0 lift on a defeat? 

16 minutes ago, leocanta said:

So in AR I'm at 6800 Lift, but sometimes I notice that my defeats in defence doesn't subtract any lift: that is, some defeats punish me with -0 lift. I'm wondering why that is. I heard somewhere that this happens when the offence has more units than your defence team. Can anyone confirm?

Basically, because I'm relatively new to this game and haven't had much pulls because I like hoarding orbs, I pitifully suck. I find AR really difficult. It's not a big deal to me, but I know some people go crazy over AR. So what I want to do is set up a defence team of one or two helpless people so that attackers can get easy lift from me. But I also want a steady inflow of grails so I can merge my TT GHB units, since I don't really have other units because I don't pull. 

If it is the case that I lose 0 lift if I have less heroes, I'm going to go for it. If not, then does anyone know why sometimes I lose -0 lift on a defeat? 

Only the first defense match of the day counts.  After that, even if you lose, you don't lose lift.  Also, each enemy attacker defeated subtracts 20 from the 80 you would have lost, so if you beat 4/5 units, you won't lose any lift.

After you get a defense battle, whether you win or lose, it starts a 20-hour timer where further defense battles don't matter. They don't cause you to lose lift, but they don't reset the timer either. What it works out to is about one relevant defense game each day.

Oh okay! So its not how many units I have but how many I defeat! This clears lot of things up. I was looking everywhere in the game for this info but it seems like it's not very intuitive in terms of "How to play" explanations.