Neimi: Ranger or Sniper?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sniper if you like the Critical bonus and great hit rate.

Ranger if you like to use both close + far range attacks and mobility.

I chose Sniper because Killer Bowing the tough enemies really got me out of a lot of predicaments.

Snipers are my least favorite unit of all and is consider to be the worst amongst all class due to their lack of close combat or shall say melee.

Ranger...another spin-off of FE6/7's Nomadic Troopers. I would have pick them since they can attack at melee with Swords and long range with of course Bows, but their sword animation looks so idiotic that it makes me want to laugh at them for having the most stupidest battle animation ever. Honestly, whoever thought of that most ridiculous animation should die.

In otherwords, I pick neither. They both of them sucks. I would have pick Nomadic Troopers since they have the coolest animations of all. (Both Swords and Melee). If they were in the game I would obviously choose them since they're one of my favorites.

Sniper if you like the Critical bonus and great hit rate.

Snipers actually don't get a Crit. bonuses at all.

Sniper. She doesn't work too well on a horse IMO. And she isn't greaat with swords anyway.

And how do snipers not get a crit bonus?

Snipers only get their 100% hit skill. It's Swordmasters and Berserkers who get the crit bonus. Snipers didn't get it until FE9.

Snipers only get their 100% hit skill. It's Swordmasters and Berserkers who get the crit bonus. Snipers didn't get it until FE9.

I could swear they had it in this and FE7, or they always just seemed to magically have good crit chances.

• 2 weeks later...
But why did a killer bow often bring the crit past 50?

Refer to previous post for your answer.

Again Swordmasters and Beserkers were the only units in the GBA games to have critical bonus, +30 in Sword of Seals, +15 in Sword of Flame and Sacred Stones. (I think it was +15)

Sword of Flame gave you multiple chances to build up great snipers with Walt and Rebecca, also as was mentioned before, most late units have 0 luck making it easier to get a critical.

I make Neimi a Ranger just because I want one none adventure mode unit to be a Ranger plus the horse helps with rescue operations.

Refer to previous post for your answer.

Again Swordmasters and Beserkers were the only units in the GBA games to have critical bonus, +30 in Sword of Seals, +15 in Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones. (I think it was +15)

Blazing Sword gave you multiple chances to build up great snipers with Wil and Rebecca, also as was mentioned before, most late units have 0 luck making it easier to get a critical.

I make Neimi a Ranger just because I want one none adventure mode unit to be a Ranger plus the horse helps with rescue operations.

fix'd. Though I can't say Sword of Flame is a mistake, everyone recognizes it as Blazing Sword, and it can be confused with Sword of Seals.

I still don't understand, though....

their sword animation looks so idiotic that it makes me want to laugh at them for having the most stupidest battle animation ever. Honestly, whoever thought of that most ridiculous animation should die.

How is Rangers animation looks stupid? It seems cool...

Ranger, no contest.

As a ranger, she gets boosted movement, superior caps in some areas and the ability to use swords (the animation is wierd though)

As a sniper, all she gets is a useless skill. (she always hits anyway)

• 2 weeks later...
Ranger, even if I do the same for Gerik because being able to use bows and swords makes it easier to use.

I'd personally rather use axes to bows, so I always make Gerik a Hero. I don't know what it is, but I'm not at all fussed on units who use horses (Paladins, cavaliers, nomads, etc.) apart from Lords who use cavalry (eg. Eliwood, Ephraim and Eirika)