Some of the weapon ranks don't make sense

Mist can get an A in swords and S in staves as a cleric but when she promotes she gets SS in swords and staves is still S.

Ike can't use axes for the whole of part 3 then when he promotes he can get SS in axes.

Swordmasters can get an SS in swords but other 2nd tier classes can't get SS in anything.

Micaiah and the saints can get SS in both light magic and staves despite only being able to get A in one of those while in 2nd tier.

Also, Ike, Micaiah, and the saints are the only characters, besides Lehran, who can get SS in more than one weapon type. It's just weird to me and doesn't make much sense. The only reasons I can think of are that saints would suck even more if they couldn't SS light and for Mist I guess swordfighting actually runs in the blood. Your thoughts?

Edited by KSFF2150

I think the promotion to Valkyrie led Mist to be a more combat orientated Healer or something, or just Swordfighting in the blood.

Only Male Swordmasters get SS, but I think that's because of their supposedly expertise handle on the sword, with the SS rank magnifying that.

Micaiah is the ultimate "holy maiden" type figure I guess in her third tier form... so the fact that she can heal with expertise + use light magic very well could try to show that.

Ike probably was given SS Axes so he could use his Urvan, his father's Axe.

Also, Gatrie probably learned how to use axes from Boyd & Titania and Tauroneo could learn off of Daein soldiers but for consistency I think they should've started with lances and swords (what they used in PoR). Brom should've started with axes and lances and Meg should've gained axes after promoting then lances at 3rd tier. Yeah, this is really minor but it's just my opinion.

Edited by KSFF2150

Only Male Swordmasters get SS, but I think that's because of their supposedly expertise handle on the sword, with the SS rank magnifying that.

Why Male Swordmasters can have up to SS is because those Swordmasters you fight during part 4 can only have up to S. My guess is that they switched the weapon level caps by accident or something.

Those Swordmasters you fight in Part 4 aren't even the same class. They can go over 30 in Skill and Speed, and can only reach an S in Swords. They also get the Trueblade's critical bonus.

Frankly the thing that ticks me off is how SS ranks are locked to class.

Elincia not SSing staves makes sense to me since her main weapon (Amiti) is a sword. Mist SSing swords makes sense given her heritage, but her not SSing staves makes less since since that's her primary "weapon". I don't really care, though, since there's only one 3-use SS staff.

Edited by Reikken