Kotaku Tutoring Gameplay

Azz

By the way, does the first 10 seconds or so of the video stutter terribly for everyone, or just me?

I imagine the spell list is somewhat unique for each character as well. Like in Echoes. Heck, it seems even Combat Arts might have variations.

Hopefully I can data-mine that info on day 1.

12 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

By the way, does the first 10 seconds or so of the video stutter terribly for everyone, or just me?

I imagine the spell list is somewhat unique for each character as well. Like in Echoes. Heck, it seems even Combat Arts might have variations.

Hopefully I can data-mine that info on day 1.

Yep, learned Combat Arts seem to vary from person to person too - upon reaching C+ in Axes, Edelgard learns Monster Breaker meanwhile Caspar learns Wild Abandon...

20190614_115351.jpg

20190614_115337.jpg

It also seems like the "- Prowess Lv. ???" skills seem to be learned at the + rank of every professor level - Lv 1 at E+; 2 at D+; 3 at C+, and so on, but Idk if it'll cap at Lv 5 or 6 as S+ could be a thing.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

So it seems then every normal rank (E, D, C, B, A, S?) you get a spell/combat art depending on what skill it is then at + ranks you get a prowess skill. Then I'm wondering how you get other skills like close combat and rallies?

EDIT: Actually I dunno if that's completely right since in the Treehouse footage, Byleth only has a B rank in Authority but has Authority Prowess Lv 5. Authority could be different however since it's not a weapon IDK.

Edited by Azz

14 minutes ago, Azz said:

So it seems then every normal rank (E, D, C, B, A, S?) you get a spell/combat art depending on what skill it is then at + ranks you get a prowess skill. Then I'm wondering how you get other skills like close combat and rallies?

EDIT: Actually I dunno if that's completely right since in the Treehouse footage, Byleth only has a B rank in Authority but has Authority Prowess Lv 5. Authority could be different however since it's not a weapon IDK.

Nah Caspar and Edelgard got both Axe Prowess Lv 3 and a combat art upon getting C+, so maybe the normal ranks get you a miscellaneous professor skill, as you said, Close Combat and Rallies.

For Reason and Faith combat arts will probably be replaced with spells, and since different units learn different combat arts at the same rank it'll definitely be the case for casters too.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

46 minutes ago, Azz said:

I do think + ranks at least always level up your prowess level(which I'm going to assume is just the bonuses we've known for a while multiplied by the skill's level). As you said, Authority could be a special case. Outside of it I have yet to see a counterexample, at the same time I've been slacking on my analysis yesterday.

32 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Nah Caspar and Edelgard got both Axe Prowess Lv 3 and a combat art upon getting C+, so maybe the normal ranks get you a miscellaneous professor skill?

For Reason and Faith combat arts will probably be replaced with spells, and since different units learn different combat arts at the same rank it'll definitely be the case for casters too.

Well Petra learned Helm Splitter without getting a rank up at all, so there may be more to it than that(too lazy to resize, so spoiler tag it is... it's not a spoiler though):

Spoiler

VMju12a.jpg

oPAyJn7.jpg

Edit: Also in that same video, Bernadetta gets Knightkneeler by getting to C Lances, so there may be no hard rule for Combat Arts.

Edited by Cysx

9 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Well Petra learned Helm Splitter without getting a rank up at all, so there may be more to it than that(too lazy to resize, so spoiler tag it is... it's not a spoiler though):

Hide contents

VMju12a.jpg

oPAyJn7.jpg

That scene goes by so quickly; but if you look at the tutoring section before the week passes Petra is still only at D+ in Axes, meaning she did actually level up to C to learn Helm Splitter.

6 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

That scene goes by so quickly; but if you look at the tutoring section before the week passes Petra is still only at D+ in Axes, meaning she did actually level up to C to learn Helm Splitter.

I don't think so; there are two sessions with her, one at ~9:20 and the other at ~12:20. The first one gets her from 92 to 60, the second one from 60 to 28, it's consistent.

Edit: Ah, I see where my mistake came from. I was looking at her Sword skill. Okay, that's not a thing.

Edited by Cysx

4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I don't think so; there are two sessions with her, one at ~9:20 and the other at ~12:20. The first one gets her from 92 to 60, the second one from 60 to 28, it's consistent.

You must be looking at her sword rank; Helm Splitter is an axe combat art.

Just now, HappyHawlucha. said:

You must be looking at her sword rank; Helm Splitter is an axe combat art.

Yup, realized a bit after posting, my bad.