Weapons

Knife

Axes>Bows>Swords>Lances

=3

Lolno. Bows are mediocre in FE9. Bad Might, expensive, and the only good users can't even use the Longbow and such.

Axes>Lances>Swords>Bows.

Edited by Swordsalmon

Thunder has the highest damage output, but also weighs quite a lot. Fire is effective against beast laguz, of which there are quite a few (the same goes for the uber light Wind magic and bird laguz). Light just plain sucks...

All in all, I think I would agree with Thunder > Fire > Wind >> Light, yes.

Depends. I like bows on mounted units for hit and run and you can just have your unit go back and switch weapons after, though one could argue a forged Hand Axe can do just about the same. Most bows either have more accuracy or power than a common Hand Axe, all of them have bonuses against the occasionnal flyer you face, and money isn't really an issue in this game. On walking units though, I'd say it's just about right.

All in all: Axes > Bows > Lances > Swords on mounted units, what Knife said for unmounted ones.

Paladins should've had the ability to get a critical boost instead of another weapon. Gamble Kieran with bonus crit would've been smexy.

As for magic, Thunder > Fire = Wind > Light. Thunder has highest might and critical, and Energy Drops are good enough on Soren so he can use Elthunder without problem. Fire is stronger than Wind and beast laguz seems more common as enemies ( I think ), but Wind is lighter and cheaper. Light is basically Wind minus accuracy, any effectiveness, competant users plus weight.

For staves, Physic and Heal are usually the only ones I need. Thanks Volke.

Edited by Captain Falcon

-Axes are cheaper than any weapons when you purchase it.

-Axes give 1~2 range.

-Axes are stronger than any weapon.

-Axes give Weapon Triangle Advantage more often than even swords ever will.

-Slayer axes can easily OHKO things.

Of course Axes are the best weapons, by far.

So yes, I definitely agree with this statement 100%.

Edited by 安室 奈美恵

And due to the fact that Lance are one of the most common and yet very predictable enemy weapon type in the game Axes completely overwhelmed Lance due to weapon triangle advantage...I don't see how Lance>Axes in anyway at all...

Edited by 安室 奈美恵

And due to the fact that Lance are one of the most common and yet very predictable enemy weapon type in the game Axes completely overwhelmed Lance due to weapon triangle advantage...I don't see how Lance>Axes in anyway at all...

I just like using lances more. I'm not saying lances beat axes, sorry if my opinion distresses you.

In terms of the grand scope of things, I'd say that Axes are undeniably the best in the Physical tree of weapons. Lances have more power than Swords behind them, so I'd put them in a close second as well. Swords and Bows have equal usefulness, in my opinion, since there are a decent amount of flying units at points in the game, and you might not have an adequate unit in place to deal with them. Swords are versatile and accurate, so I'd put them on the same level in a tie for third or slightly below Bows.

For magic, it doesn't really matter to me. I never really use Fire magic, even with its effectiveness. I'm not a fan of Tormod, and I'd rather not switch Soren or Ilyana to Fire just to deal with Beast Laguz. I don't often use Calill or Bastian either (except when I already have all of the slots for a chapter filled with the units I want to take and there are still open ones), so I don't throw Fire Tomes around too much. Thunder is handy in certain situations, and it gets the slight critical boost, but it's accuracy is mediocre at times. Wind doesn't pack too much of a punch by itself, but it is light and accurate. It all comes down to which Mage I'm using, since I don't stray from their default type too often. I'll use Light with Rhys just because it gives Rhys a way to defend himself, and he can become quite the powerhouse later on, if you allow him to level up significantly (and he doesn't get RNG screwed).

Axes > Lances > Bows > Swords

Bows have better stats than swords. If you have low durability, bows are better than swords easily since you don't get attacked as much. If you have multiple weapon types, bows are better than swords because they bring something completely new (good ranged offense. And raep on fliers). Only if you have great defenses and a single weapon type are swords better than bows.

Edited by Reikken

Well in personal preference and not usefulness Lances=Swords>Axes>Bow

Now PoR is easy enough where it doesnt really matter but I guess axes are superior as mid game on the average enemy is a pathetic soldier

I really forget about the weapon triangle in this game... so Axes>Lances>=Swords> Bows

For weapons I'd say Axes > Lances > Bows > Swords. Axes being better than Lances is pretty self-explanatory. Bows are a pretty controversial weapon type, but I think they're only bad if you have no other weapon type. When it comes to secondary weapons, I'd take bows over swords, but that's just me.

As for magic, I'd say either Fire or Thunder are the best. I don't care much for Wind in PoR and Light isn't good for much.